Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Liberal Crime Ponies?  (Read 9754 times)

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
Re: Liberal Crime Ponies?
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2012, 12:41:50 am »

Rape? What the hell are you talking about? Cupcakes isn't about rape.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Anticheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2012, 12:44:08 am »

What I was talking about helps prove the point about bronies injecting elements from the show into the most inappropriate places possible. That example can't be taken as anything other than further adding ones fetishes to an already awful exercise in fetishism, and pandering to that audience.

To clarify, I'm not making any personal attacks on the members of this forum. If you like the show, that's fine. Please help me get some evidence against that by giving detailed answers to the questions I asked earlier. I seriously want to believe that a pony-related fan-made game or mod can have a well thought-out, thematically fitting and non-offensive idea behind it.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 12:49:22 am by Anticheese »
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2012, 12:46:29 am »

A lot of people have made MLP dark and evil, ever heard of "Cupcakes?" Watch it on youtube, if someone could make THAT from MLP, I don't see why we have to change a whole lot about LCS to Pony-fy it.

LCS isn't about some weird Internet sense of ~grimdark violence~ or whatever. It's political. I just don't understand how you could incorporate MLP into that without, well, completely destroying the original appeal or tone of the game.

Rape? What the hell are you talking about? Cupcakes isn't about rape.

He wasn't talking about Cupcakes.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2012, 12:49:21 am »

Oh, I guess he meant a comment above mine. Anyhow, Im not saying LCS is Grimdark Violence, Im just saying that the concept of MLP is flexible to fit into a lot of situations out of its normal Huggles and Rainbow Kittens type mood.

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Anticheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2012, 12:51:07 am »

How? That's what is presented in the show, which is the concept.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2012, 12:51:18 am »

Isn't that mood the entire point of the show? It's basically made out of pure sugar.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2012, 12:54:22 am »

You ever eat pure sugar? Its more sour than it sounds, and it will leave a bad taste in your mouth. Besides, a lot of shows get fit into situatons a whole lot worse then the LCS, so I don't see why not this show.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2012, 12:55:41 am »

@ Anticheese - I won't lie about it, the fandom has some very sick individuals, but then you get that with all of them. There's really no escape and best to just ignor it if it isn't a total threat to mankind (it might be a threat to personal sanity, but then so is gazing into 4chan or the other black holes of sanity around the interwebz.)

And why does anyone really care what someone else does for a mod? Don't care for it? Ignor it. Not like it'll damage your eyesight or reputation or something. I wouldn't care for such a mod for LCS, but others might and that's fine. Not like it affects me none. But then I guess we're all entitled to voice our opinions.

Anticheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2012, 12:58:04 am »

Can you please explain why My Little Pony would fit. Just because other TV shows may have more violence than LCS, My Little Pony isn't instantly a good choice for this by association.

Please, outline clearly how you, in an ideal world where you have all the skills and resources you need, would make a My Little Pony mod for Liberal Crime Squad. Please try not to make any reference to other media, as we are purely concerned with MLP, and LCS in this question.

Edit: Splint, I completely agree with you. No fandom or any group of individuals with a common interest is pure, and if you like the show, that's fine by me. All I want to see is how this can be made to work without discarding the fundamental themes of either thing. If JBoy wants to make this mod, he needs to be at least able to outline any solid ideas whatsoever on how to make this work. If he can do that and wishes to make the mod, I wish him the best of luck, but I'm yet to see my question addressed.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 01:01:43 am by Anticheese »

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2012, 01:01:19 am »

Of course. I wouldn't change a thing mostly, just change some of the professions to be more pony-like, and change Liberal to Friendship, and Conservitive to Discord, or something similar.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2012, 01:03:02 am »

That sounds like a cut-and-replace job that doesn't really seem to serve any particular purpose. Speaking for myself, I don't get it.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2012, 01:05:17 am »

It doesn't need to fit. When you look around, you'll find mods for things that make no sense. This is one of those instances. I won't bother trying to rationalize it because I can't, and there really doesn't need to be a reason. if someone wants to make a mod that makes little sense let them. It won't hurt anyone else.

I mean hell, I've done things with DF or drawings that make no damn sense at all (railguns being producable by a nominally middle-ages fantasy race spring to mind, or an instance where I've strapped a machinegun on a robot arm to a pony's back in a drawing for shits and giggles.)

Point is, why is it such a bother? Not like the majority of people will give two shits. Now I'm just annoyed by the repeated "Justify it" response.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2012, 01:08:16 am »

Well I didn't finish, I had to do something and posted it, and then you posted before I could get back and edit. It would also replace the president and cabinet with Princess Celestia, and the Justaces with the Mane Six, and they change political views based on public opion, and Celestia changes her views based on the views of the Mane Six.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2012, 01:09:47 am »

It doesn't need to fit. When you look around, you'll find mods for things that make no sense. This is one of those instances. I won't bother trying to rationalize it because I can't, and there really doesn't need to be a reason. if someone wants to make a mod that makes little sense let them. It won't hurt anyone else.

I mean hell, I've done things with DF or drawings that make no damn sense at all (railguns being producable by a nominally middle-ages fantasy race spring to mind, or an instance where I've strapped a machinegun on a robot arm to a pony's back in a drawing for shits and giggles.)

Point is, why is it such a bother? Not like the majority of people will give two shits. Now I'm just annoyed by the repeated "Justify it" response.

In a sense, I agree. In another sense, I'm referring less to individual quirky mods or whatever and more to patterns of behavior of a very large internet subculture.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2012, 01:16:36 am »

Hey, I agree bronies can (and often will) over do it, but there's nothing anyone can really do to stop it,  so it isn't worth getting bent out of shape over. But then as I said, we're all entitled to our opinions, and I misinterrpretted some of this as complaining more about a random mod idea than the fandom. That was my bad.

What they do is often the simple result of "Why not" more often than not though. That or just simple bordom and some free time. It's just the REALLY sick fucks mixed in you gotta worry about.

E: Typos and to say Holy crap i didn't get ninja'd for once!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8