Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 91

Author Topic: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC  (Read 435292 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC
« Reply #1110 on: April 04, 2016, 01:28:42 am »

I hadn't made that connection until now, but I apparently hear it, too, and now you've destroyed that character for me. Thanks, Vec.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Wolfeyez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: April 04, 2016, 01:43:47 am »

I don't know he really kind of a drama queen and a whiner.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1112 on: April 04, 2016, 05:26:25 am »

I kind of want to date Elliot, but in my head he's voiced by Perfect Cell?

help
Abridged Cell or regular Cell?
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: April 04, 2016, 08:03:09 am »

help
Interesting... How did you reach this point of thought???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: April 04, 2016, 03:54:43 pm »

help
Abridged Cell or regular Cell?
Abridged, for me.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: April 04, 2016, 05:41:12 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 05:52:54 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1116 on: April 04, 2016, 06:32:00 pm »

1.07 update is live.
Spoiler: Changelog (click to show/hide)

Load of bugfixes and more improvements to spouse dialogue/actions.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: April 05, 2016, 01:45:12 am »

I was thinking about a way to do the "Self-Sustaining" in a way that makes it more interesting. But I just want to verify somethings first, like do you get Starterset Seeds (Bean/Hops/Grapes) from the Mixed Seeds. And if there is a way to remove items from sale in shops and add some. This is what I have so far...

Desired edits to the World/Code
- Remove all the Seedpackets from both Perrie's and Joja's sales listings.
- Add IN some Overpriced Crop at Joja's, if possible I would love to add a Quality Level for Joja Products, basically making it so that if you sell them they are considered 'trash' worth. you know, like they are nonorganicsprayedmecanicallyfarmed produce. But are expensive due to transportation costs or something. Maybe 1.5x the price of a normal quality crop to buy from Joja but if sold they only give 1/5 of a normal crop.
- Edit the way that Crops give seeds to account for Quality level, 0star equals 1-2 with a 1:3:2 chance on Mixed/Single/Double Seedgains and so forth with Gold giving a higher chance at getting 3 seeds or Ancient. This would mean using fertilizer to get higher quality crops to maintain crop count more important.
- Ancient Fruit gives NO seeds. This makes getting Multiple from one seedling impossible.
- Sweetgems give NO seeds. They too exotic for the Valley they are always to be purchased through the Gypsy only.
- Instead of Seeds being sold during festival, the crop is sold instead at a Joja markup price or something. To maintain the "Seedpackets are not purchased" idea, same with maybe the Oasis.

1: Seeds can never be bought in the first year, EVERYTHING has to come from the Seedmaker
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
2: Produce must be sold in the Shops. ie- Crops to Perries, Ores/Minerals to Cliff, Fish to Willy. If its not possible to sell in these shops, it can't be sold.
3: Shipping ONE of every item is needed, they get sent to Mum and she sends you pocketmoney for being such a great farmer.
4: Wild Seed packets can be used but can not be a soul product, it has a limit of 1 5x5 style'd plot, ie Irrdium Sprinkler zoning. The Packets may not be sold but the produce can be.
5: Each Crop should be accounted for in your Farm, must be in Equal standings in focused areas which can contain no more then 4 5x5 plots for each crop. This means you CAN have a ton of Blueberries/Cranberries but they can't be the only thing you grow. Ancient/SweetGem are removed from this limit, if the coding changes above are possible.
6: Vine Crops can not be a soul accountable cashcrop either, a limit of 50 Tiles
7: Animal Buildings must be enclosed with a Pond, Small for the Birds/Rabbits and Large for the Cattle/Sheep/Pigs/Goats. They need to drink water as well.
8: Fruit Trees are limited to equal standings, If you want 8 Apple Trees, better have 8 of everything else.
9: Artisan Goods can be produced at any amount, BUT they can only be Seasonal. In otherwords, no stockpiling Hops over winter to make Booze, it needs to be processed before Season End.
10: Fish must be Sold FRESH if you do not have a fridge yet. Meaning sell before he closes.
11: Greenhouse can not be Single Typed. No mass growing one kind of crop in here, Equal sized/mixed type plots must be maintained.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 01:47:36 am by Neyvn »
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: April 05, 2016, 01:50:37 am »

Why ... would you want to add something arbitrary like selling local only?

Farmers ship crops all the time.

Also if you have to maintain equal amounts of crops limiting the ancient seeds is kind of eh anyway. You can't just go wild with them.

I know you can get grapes if you throw grapes from summer into the seedmaker though, as far as that question goes. I don't know about bean or hops, don't remember.
Call me Vari. It's easier to type.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: April 05, 2016, 02:04:22 am »

Why ... would you want to add something arbitrary like selling local only?

Farmers ship crops all the time.
Supporting the Town first. Prob would remove that limit if you continued play after Year 3 Grandpa.
The idea that Perrie can't bring in produce due to shipping costs making anything he sold expensive and due to his Storage being much smaller then Joja, so he goes into a partnership with you (Supplying the Seedmaker) to keep the town a place to come buy things for Locals and those that come into the Valley due to the Joja store. Joja prob built the building there due to the Valley and town being like a Hub for nearby residents who otherwise would have traveled even further to buy their goods. The Town itself is too small to support the Joja store by itself so naturally it must be targeting the radius around it as well. This put a lot of pressure on Perrie's store and made the point of the Store trying to get the old Community Center to upgrade their Warehouse size a clear reason for their actions. Your arrival being the nail that would have driven in if you join up, Joja had made a deal, as you should know, that if they got one more membership they got the building...

Also if you have to maintain equal amounts of crops limiting the ancient seeds is kind of eh anyway. You can't just go wild with them.
I mainly been focusing on the idea that the Seeds for Ancient/Sweetgems could be locked out of the Seedmaker rotation, thus if they can't be gained via that method, if you can get more, your not limited as you got lucky. But if you can't lock them out and Quality can't influence the chance of getting the Ancient Seed from the Maker, then using the Maker would be the only way to get more of them, thus the equal limit mention.

Sweetgem seeds should just be avaliable from the Gypsy, this limits the number you can get anyway due to the greatest amount you should be able to buy is 32 if you purchase them each time she visits through the whole year, but it looks like she stopped selling them after a point if I was remembering it right, this needs to be checked.

I know you can get grapes if you throw grapes from summer into the seedmaker though, as far as that question goes. I don't know about bean or hops, don't remember.
Yeah its just Beans and Hops I am not sure of, I don't outright remember if they are or not...

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: April 05, 2016, 02:14:19 am »

Mmm. I'm not sure how much of that is actually possible with the state of mods at the moment, but ... have you tried the challenge on your own from the start? Limiting things for the sake of limiting them reduces the fun - it's a challenge, yes, but it's also entertaining. I think that your reasoning for trying to limit selling is tenuous at best, and not really sensible; after all, there's no reason that Pierre can't be the first one to get crops / items from your shipment. He wouldn't need every single item, since the town is small and you can't necessarily sell that much to a town of the size.

Same with the other limitations; why would you, as the supplier, limit to selling to people who wouldn't realistically have use for all of your goods? So instead, what, you would not actually be able to sell anything, less money comes into the town (because you spend your money in town, after all), and overall you help the economy less.

The seedmaker I could say, well, you can 'manage' to grow one (ancient fruit / gem fruit) for the shipping everything, but other than that you just ... can't grow anymore, the valley can't support it. Makes more sense to me than allowing further growth 'if you happen upon one'. That's just a point of contention with me since my original idea wasn't 'restrict for the sake of restriction.'  :P

I still agree with the idea of equal standings as much as possible, including animals - ie, 1 cow = 1 sheep, 1 chicken = 1 duck. Still, again not really sure how much can actually be done in regards to an actual mod. That's a good question though, in as much as it would be interesting to be able to remove seeds from the shop and possibly offer produce for the trellis items if they can't be gotten from mixed seed. Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever seen one be gotten from a mixed seed.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: April 05, 2016, 02:37:45 am »

Mmm. I'm not sure how much of that is actually possible with the state of mods at the moment, but ... have you tried the challenge on your own from the start? Limiting things for the sake of limiting them reduces the fun - it's a challenge, yes, but it's also entertaining. I think that your reasoning for trying to limit selling is tenuous at best, and not really sensible; after all, there's no reason that Pierre can't be the first one to get crops / items from your shipment. He wouldn't need every single item, since the town is small and you can't necessarily sell that much to a town of the size.

Same with the other limitations; why would you, as the supplier, limit to selling to people who wouldn't realistically have use for all of your goods? So instead, what, you would not actually be able to sell anything, less money comes into the town (because you spend your money in town, after all), and overall you help the economy less.
Now don't get me wrong, I ain't aiming to do a Restrict for Restriction Sake kinda challenge, more themed kinda challenge. Perhaps if I write up a Questline Explanation for it... Which I could do later, but for now, let me explain why you can't just ship things...

Your a New Farmer. Only in small towns and connected rural areas could a New Farmer find someone who would buy their produce to sell out to the public. You have to make contacts and such. Farmer Markets are the new thing these days around where I live as Hobbyfarmers start finding ways to sell their produce. No Supermarket would choose to buy from someone who just started up that year. Its uncommon at least to anything such as Woolworths/Coles/Walmart and so forth. They purchase their produce from Farmers they recognize. Problem is in this world, their is only Joja, and Joja is all you need. Hence why they set up a small branch store in Pelican Town to try and bring more people into the fold, Perrie had been struggling to maintain a good supply of produce himself but the costs were becoming outragious then Joja came and made things harder. Sure his goods were better but theirs were cheaper and you would be surprised how quickly people will overlook Organic foods if it just doesn't have a sustainable source. Farmshipments and contracts were being bought up from Joja left right and center. So you arriving. Having little 'brandname' to your farm and such meant that you were safe from falling into Joja's fold for a while, Perrie and the Mayor offer a simple request, supply the town with the goods from your farm and help them rid it of Joja influence. And they help you get your brandname out there into the country...

Basically, you are a nobody and the big chain markets won't buy your goods, only the town will. Its how things generally work with Rural areas. At least where I come from. You won't see the Eggs raised in the nearby farms being sold anywhere up the Coast in the cities, but you will find them being sold in the connecting towns. Ever heard of a product called "Bega Cheese"? Its an Australian Cheese company who started in a small town, and spread. They didn't do it overnight like you do in Stardew Valley, they started by selling locally until the name of the product spread out into the rest of Australia thanks to Tourists passing through and loving the cheese and spreading the demand of it. Sell Local, Get Demand, Sell Regionally, Get Popular, Sell National.

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: April 05, 2016, 03:52:57 am »

I guess it's just different; even large supermarkets where I live stock local foods - it's actually a big draw to the customers that they have 'local produce11!!!1' so ... Perhaps that might make a bit more sense as to why it seems odd to me. Maybe not with their brand label or anything, but actually buying the produce, very much yes.  :P

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: April 05, 2016, 04:25:09 am »

I guess it's just different; even large supermarkets where I live stock local foods - it's actually a big draw to the customers that they have 'local produce11!!!1' so ... Perhaps that might make a bit more sense as to why it seems odd to me. Maybe not with their brand label or anything, but actually buying the produce, very much yes.  :P
Those "Local Foods" actually come from a "Not So Local" area. For example, I worked for my local Woolworths, a store which claims that they get from local...
40% is, the rest is regional. Of the 40%, 35% is from farms and suppliers that have been in the business for MANY MANY years, (see point about the Bega Cheese), of the remaining 5% these are from small farms/suppliers and are normally locked to Shortlife produce such as strawberries, bananas, cherries and other superseasonal items. But, these items are sold by the farmer DIRECTLY TO the store. They are only allowed to sell to Woolworths and them alone, sometimes it goes to other local area stores but these items would be only bought from the Woolworths and not available to that of Coles. Smaller shops such as your Family Run Supermarkets, IGA for me, can buy from smaller Farms who supply them with Produce such as Sweet Potatoes and such, but as I said there, Smaller Shops and Family Run...
If we look at Stardew Valley's world, Joja is Woolworths and Perries is IGA...

This is kinda why I thought that the feel of this Challenge is to keep things local. Generally though after you reach your 3rd year, you have a good amount of experiance under your belt that you can start shipping out to other supermarkets and the like, most likely though, if you started shipping earlier. Joja would be selling your goods, making a contract to buy the produce that the Mayor collects from your farm to sell out there as that 5% of "Locally Grown Produce"...

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1124 on: April 05, 2016, 07:56:14 am »

Just a note, as of 1.07 you can no longer plant fruit trees around the edges of the greenhouse. They can be planted on the dirt area however.

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 91