Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 54

Author Topic: the peasant dwarf  (Read 86521 times)

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
the peasant dwarf
« on: October 20, 2012, 03:56:19 pm »

Spoiler: INTRO (click to show/hide)

You wake up to "Happy Birthday!"
"You're twelve years old today" your mother says.
"Out 'ta go" your father says, as he lifts you out of bed and gives you a boot in the ass out the door.
You stand outside of the room your family shares and are pelted in the chest with your belongings. It's dwarven culture that once a dwarf becomes a full member of society, spared from goblin snatchers, they are on their own.
"See you around" is utter behind the door before it slams on your face.
Stunned you stand there mouth gaping, what are you going to do now?!

Spoiler: INVENTORY (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 08:13:45 am by Brewster »

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: the peasant dwarf
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 03:59:24 pm »

Buy a proper weapon and armor from that money (Preference: Armor). Go out, adventure, kill goblins, make a name for yourself, kill all the goblins. Not necessarily in that order.
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 04:01:18 pm »

Commune with Armok
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 04:11:57 pm »

Buy a pickaxe. Dig your way to the armory.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 04:30:49 pm »

Buy a pickaxe. Dig your way to the armory closest dark fortress.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 11:01:11 pm »

Obviously you couldn't go into the armory and grab armor and gear as you're not apart of the royal army, but you do go visit a market stall and purchase a mining pick. Dreams of riches run through your mind, as you think of all the gems and ores you'll uncover. While standing googly eyed in a day-dream you hear the trumpets of the Queen's arrival.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2012, 11:19:52 pm »

> Quickly kneel down and use your beard - wait you barely have any beard - use your hands to cover your eyes as the Queen pass by. This is because the Overseer had been crazy enough to have a gorgon queen.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2012, 03:43:59 am »

Kill queen, become king.
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2012, 03:57:44 am »

Attempt to Kill medusa queen, become stone statue.
FTFY

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2012, 04:59:09 am »

The queen is so beatiful. Just look at her elegant beard and pretty little mustache. Too bad that she doesn't even notice you while she walks through the corridor with the captain of the guard.

1.You choose to become a noble.  You sneak in the Baron's bedroom (ignore the random drunkard drinking from a keg in the corner) and start waiting for a chance to shank the baron with your iron dagger and take his identity.

Or

2. You want to impress the queen. To do so you need to get some better equipment like the captain of the guard. Surely she will notice you then. You enlist as a smith. But first you need to mine some ore. Off to the mines..
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 05:11:02 am by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2012, 07:26:13 am »

I try to remember my name.  :P
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2012, 07:29:29 am »

The queen is so beatiful. Just look at her elegant beard and pretty little mustache. Too bad that she doesn't even notice you while she walks through the corridor with the captain of the guard.

1.You choose to become a noble.  You sneak in the Baron's bedroom (ignore the random drunkard drinking from a keg in the corner) and start waiting for a chance to shank the baron with your iron dagger and take his identity.

Or

2. You want to impress the queen. To do so you need to get some better equipment like the captain of the guard. Surely she will notice you then. You enlist as a smith. But first you need to mine some ore. Off to the mines..

The first. Suffer not the noble to live!
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2012, 07:38:52 am »

Or

3. I want to impress her majesty. To do so I need better equipment and tasteful quarters. I dig out a bedroom for myself and smooth it, then haul the rock(s) from that to a mason's workshop and make a door, a cabinet and a coffer for myself. I also buy a log and make my own bed at the carpenter's. If there is rock left, I make statues. I'll need to decorate those... off to the mines, to get ore and gems!
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2012, 08:22:34 am »

You kneel down and bow before the queen. You smell the sweet scent of swamp whiskey  as she passes you by in a confident stride. You decided to use your new purchase and enlist in the miner's guild to build your life. Successful in your enrollment which consisted of a grunt and 'sure' with a map being thrown in your face, you ponder which mine you should explore.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2012, 08:48:48 am »

You journey to the SW mines. While searching for a spot to start you find an area that for some reason seems untouched by the other miners. You sense great wealth in that direction and wonder why others have chosen to leave it alone. You start to dig.
The walls are slowly getting warmer..

Et tu, Urist
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 54