Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

Author Topic: Delinquent Players Help  (Read 63428 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Delinquent Players Help
« on: April 05, 2013, 08:29:40 pm »

I have an occasional problem where players miss a turn or two for unknown reasons. I'm sure we all do. This is a thread to resolve such issues!

Here's how I imagine this working:
1. Player A doesn't post a turn in GM B's game.
2. B posts in this thread, with a brief description of the situation and ideally a link to the most recent turn the player posted in (or at least the game).
3. Bay12ers C and D reply, possibly quoting B or each other so we know which one they're referring to.
4. B takes C and/or D's suggestions.
5. Hilarity ensues.

-----

I'll kick it off. I have a game where the players play mutants. One is still in the lab room and doesn't have much of mutations (although he does think he's a pirate); the other is a repeat offender with a nice little house in a dumpster. Mutations include a snake tail instead of legs, translucent flesh, sensitivity to light, dyslexia, and being really small. What should these people do?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Delinquent Players Help
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 08:49:53 pm »

I'll kick it off. I have a game where the players play mutants. One is still in the lab room and doesn't have much of mutations (although he does think he's a pirate); the other is a repeat offender with a nice little house in a dumpster. Mutations include a snake tail instead of legs, translucent flesh, sensitivity to light, dyslexia, and being really small. What should these people do?
The first player should re-sort the lab chemicals by color (Hex code order). The second should obtain some pet rats.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 08:56:59 pm »

@GWG I agree with the first choice by Nirur. As for the second guy, have him ride the dumpster down the road at high speeds.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 09:06:09 pm »

The first managed to slip in an action and the second found Ana alley cat. Thanks, though!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 09:06:51 pm »

This is a glorious idea! 

I'll be back with some volunteers. 

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 09:08:21 pm »

It is indeed a glorious idea. Welcome to the Bay 12 RNG!

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 06:05:43 am »

This is a great idea GWG.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 06:21:14 pm »

This is a great idea GWG.
I thought so, too, but apparently no one else has/wants us to help with this problem.
Sig

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2013, 02:00:11 am »

Communicating with my players would violate my ethics, using this thread would come dangerously close to that. Also, I am attempting to stick to the rules of a setting that I am not intimately familiar with and have some issues with being mentally compromised. So my players are already doing it tough and they probably don't deserve to be temporarily possessed by the Bay12 gestalt... This does seem like a good idea though, maybe it needs more advertising, try putting a link to here in your signature...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2013, 02:10:45 am »

This is a good idea.
Also, I will eventually update my RTD.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2013, 08:04:15 pm »

Two things.

Firstly, I just noticed that this seems to be the 124,700th thread in the forum. If that's what the number in the URL means.

Secondly, Metamorphican Madness has more delinquent players. One is the same Bruce Thomson, whose player has relinquished control to the community or an interested waitlister (there is currently no waitlist); he is facing a cat who is a bit bigger than he is, and only has one arm useable. As for the other, he's blindly faceless and has injected himself with extra mutagenic serum. He's still in the lab.

Suggestions for actions?
Sig

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2013, 08:06:20 pm »

1st guy: Attempt to make cat roast.
2nd Guy: Break beaker and use it as a weapon.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2013, 08:15:46 pm »

I may this for my new RTD
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2013, 08:20:16 pm »

Excellent.
Sig

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2013, 08:24:05 pm »

...Did you try PM'ing the players involved?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20