Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 960735 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension
« Reply #5970 on: June 22, 2013, 07:53:29 am »

((Id really like to keep the world and its npc's but it might just be easier to convert it into a seperate rtd and go back to an enlarged arena.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #5971 on: June 22, 2013, 08:58:50 am »

((Id really like to keep the world and its npc's but it might just be easier to convert it into a seperate rtd and go back to an enlarged arena.))

Well, but if we do that, pretty much all the work piecewise has already done in the world would dissapear. And it would mean wait lists and stuff again. I rather wait a few days every turn than going back to that.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 09:02:19 am by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5972 on: June 22, 2013, 10:15:36 am »

Cutting out the random encounters might work, like maybe just have a set number of times they pop up and leave it at that, don't bother rolling for them. Maybe after a while, reset the number, just roll for what shows up.

So maybe a combination of all of this? What I suggested, what Empiricist and Parisbe suggested, I think it would make things easier on Piecewise. Maybe making the world a touch smaller might work too as I promise you with the people here, if the world was just ten or so rooms we'd wind up still taking forever to do things and wind up making our own rooms like with the Bismuth Base. (If Aether gets one, I'm going to call it the Aether Amphitheater because alliteration.)

@Parisbe: I learned that you can actually release souls from players and let them respawn, nifty thing I wanted to know in case we ever killed anyone we didn't wish to. Still kinda stinks for them though, due to them losing a soul and equipment, but at least they can keep the character.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #5973 on: June 22, 2013, 11:04:05 am »

World size doesnt really matter, considering that there are as many loaded areas as split people.

It is same to have 50 areas with 20 loaded than to have 3000 (with 20 loaded too) apart of the initial work which is already complete.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5974 on: June 22, 2013, 11:59:41 am »

SITREP!

I know this is probably going to be irrelevant, but I like the challenge, and if PW wishes to use it progress on the automation tool is actually going along nicely.

I have already implemented a word translator, so PW can just put all his words and what they do in a text file (in a specific and easy format) and when a player says them he can type them in and this will automatically search through and tell him what they all are, then he can just do the creative bit and decide how we see them, but all the tedious hunting is done for him.

I also threw in a dice roller, 5 at a time, so he can use that as he pleases.

I am currently working on a "Turn Evaluator". Essentially it works just like the translator, but you give a player name and it automatically adds or takes to/from the rolls (potency) based on your stats (which PW said was a pain to keep looking up). It will also perform an endurance roll if necessary. I am currently working on bug-fixing that.

EDIT: Ok, it now acknowledges my stat x3 boosts to rolls. Good-o.

I'm also building in a way to store player data, namely Forum name, Character name, Location, Stats, List of wounds, list of effects, list of items in inventory. The basic framework is in, I just have to fill it.

Once (but if) I get the above working, (I forsee no MAJOR programming hurdles... yet) I'll hopefully add the ability for PW to add (or maybe even remove) wounds from the list straight from the Turn Evaluator, add or remove from your inventory, and make an option in the menu so PW can export a current list of players, stats, inventories, wounds and the like to post as he usually does.

((I am genuinely surprised I am motivated right now, might have something to do with it being 2:58am where I live. Also it's a good cause. I think. If us destroying a virtual world speedily and without frying PW's brain is a good cause...))
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 12:12:54 pm by Bigf00t »
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #5975 on: June 22, 2013, 12:15:57 pm »

Blablabla

Does it tell if you dont have enough pool to cast an spell?

Also you can make it so that when you press the list of persons, every forum name includes a link to the forum profile, making it easier to do private messages if needed for whatever reason.

Anyways, as far as i know, we arent destroying the world.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 12:21:54 pm by Sarzael »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5976 on: June 22, 2013, 12:19:36 pm »

((Also, don't know how you have the interface built, but it might be good to allow for bonuses other then the ones provided by stats and weapons, things like items and gods (Flux has a +1 to speed, the Everflame has +1 to all fire attack related rolls, etc) and even conditional things like concussion or pain. Ideally it would draw (at least some of) those data from anything you have in the inventory and injuries data.

@Sarzael: Every time you cast a spell you bring a bit of the Other's corruption into this world, so technically, just by being a mage, you're destroying the world a bit more.))
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 12:21:35 pm by Parisbre56 »

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #5977 on: June 22, 2013, 12:22:50 pm »

((Also, don't know how you have the interface built, but it might be good to allow for bonuses other then the ones provided by stats and weapons, things like items and gods (Flux has a +1 to speed, the Everflame has +1 to all fire attack related rolls, etc) and even conditional things like concussion or pain. Ideally it would draw (at least some of) those data from anything you have in the inventory and injuries data.

@Sarzael: Every time you cast a spell you bring a bit of the Other's corruption into this world, so technically, just by being a mage, you're destroying the world a bit more.))

Thats why my next char will be Will based and not words! Ill just use a few words to make some nice stuff and equipment, and from there on i will only use Words in special ocassions.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5978 on: June 22, 2013, 12:24:03 pm »

((JOIN BLASTEL AND SAVE THE WORLD FROM THE HORRIBLE MAGIC PEOPLE!))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #5979 on: June 22, 2013, 12:26:42 pm »

Scarlon is better for Will Based, and in fact, half of Blastel power is based around Fire, which means using magic, which means corruption.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5980 on: June 22, 2013, 12:30:08 pm »

You got Blastel mixed up with the fire deity, Blastel is the BEAT SHIT OUTTA PEOPLE WITH YER FISTS god.

You'll enjoy playing as a Scarlon guy, its great fun, and you can even piggyback on people and have them use your Will for their stuff, which is always a useful commodity.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5981 on: June 22, 2013, 12:32:51 pm »

Blablabla
Does it tell if you dont have enough pool to cast an spell?

Also you can make it so that when you press the list of persons, every forum name includes a link to the forum profile, making it easier to do private messages if needed for whatever reason.

Anyways, as far as i know, we arent destroying the world.
I was skipping over pool for now but yes I'll add in a check to see if the caster has enough channeling stat (the framework is already there, should take less than 4 minutes).

Also, clever idea with the easy PM thing. Hmm.

Yea, I'm trying to figure out how to have effects come into play. I have a spot for inventory data, stats data, but also an "effects" category. I was maybe thinking having it so when you get an effect, it raises your stats, and when it it removed, it lowers it again. Also making it so items can add effects will be fun but eh. Wounds should hopefully be able to be tied to effects like items. Hopefully.

Lolwin.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #5982 on: June 22, 2013, 12:38:34 pm »

Lolwin.

Blastel cant really save you if someone uses your will to make your blood become as heavy as quicksilver, your eyes go alive and fly around with rockets, and your bones to become spiked things that rip your flesh, which will become degenerative and start breaking itself away.

And i dont really think anyone has specialized enough in will as to see his true power. I shall break apart mountains, make swords out of the rock (Converting them into sharp stuff with my mind), and make them rain upon innocent creatures, then make a swimming pool out of the souls.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 12:41:24 pm by Sarzael »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5983 on: June 22, 2013, 12:40:19 pm »

Lolwin.

Blastel cant really save you if someone uses your will to make your blood become as heavy as quicksilver, your eyes go alive and fly around with rockets, and your bones to become spiked things that rip your flesh, which will become degenerative and start breaking itself away.
((Actually, high level blastel worshipers get items that protect them from these kind of stuff. Will based and magical attacks that is.))

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #5984 on: June 22, 2013, 12:42:53 pm »

Lolwin.

((Actually, high level blastel worshipers get items that protect them from these kind of stuff. Will based and magical attacks that is.))
Yes but it doesnt kinda protect you from a rain of swords that a will based caster can make. Nor from the swarm of giantic creatures that he will have animated, and which will probably be made of stuff that fists wont be able to hurt. Such as poison. Or fire. Or arcane energy. Nor of the little condensed crystal ball that i will put in your brain while you sleep and make it explode when you become useless.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 12:44:25 pm by Sarzael »
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 435