Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 962273 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Breakfast Nook of the Dead
« Reply #2895 on: March 12, 2013, 12:03:49 pm »

Aw, looks like my post somehow got eaten by the forum :c

Say "Shareeb Balethe". If I don't die horribly, examine my surroundings.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 01:25:01 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: March 12, 2013, 02:45:38 pm »

"Nice one. Now watch this."

Use a golden fist to give Derm the worst atomic wedgee he's ever had, before hopping back onto my throne and floating down the path.
Flip Derm off with both golden hands, before hopping back on my throne and floating down the path.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 05:48:01 pm by Wwolin »
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: March 12, 2013, 03:03:54 pm »

Slow flappery. Say Words.

"Huh, clouds ye' say? I don't think so."
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: March 12, 2013, 03:07:58 pm »

I do hope no one dies, that would be sad.
Well, kinda late for that. Someone already died due to chronic head-is-sword-itis. Truly terrible. I'm less hoping no one dies, more hoping we have enough candles for everyone.
"You know, not only did Sanya II manage to kill herself with a sword, I'm doing my damnest to follow her legacy. Grrrgh!
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: March 12, 2013, 03:17:47 pm »

Use a golden fist to give Derm the worst atomic wedgee he's ever had, before hopping back onto my throne and floating down the path.

"Made of pure force, jackass. Nice try."
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: March 12, 2013, 03:21:15 pm »

If anyone touches you, they might be blown away. Not the smartest of ideas to touch him.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #2901 on: March 12, 2013, 03:54:57 pm »

Now go look for monsters.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2902 on: March 13, 2013, 12:13:40 am »

Sorry derm... apparently my guy got his eyes crossed

Actions
[pot:4+1]

Your words summon up a strange sort of clockwork repeating crossbow. Neato.

You pick it up and head down the path with Derm, making it to the outer gate of the village.

((
A pair of wings, made of paper thin obsidian, appear on your back.
Hmmm...
Ironic, how hubris will probably kill me. All those stories about how personality flaws killed heroes, and all those times I laughed in the face of such stupidity. Yet I am bleeding horribly because I wanted shiny wings.
Yeah... Obsidian is kinda fragile  :P.))
"Time for fun."
Search for NPCs to arcane-shank.
Only people around here besides your friends from the portal are the monks. Although the basement has dangerous things in it, if what you've heard is true, and those clouds down the path there look a bit ominous.

((Hm... I wonder if anything will happen here if enough people die))

Hm... some person died? That sucks... but nothing to do with me. Thus I don't really care much. Let's see what else this temple has to offer.

Head up one floor and check out what's there. If it's the shrine floor, let's just say I checked out all the rooms and I offer my blood the whichever one looks like will make me faster. I'm too slow right now to have much of a chance in a fight. If it's not the shrine floor, see what all there is to explore.

((Question, can you have an offering to more then one shrine? Or just one? or is that something I have to figure out on my own?))
(You can try offering your blood to more then one god. May end poorly though.)
You head upstairs and offer some blood to the god represented by a font of mercury. The cut heals instantly with a silvery scar.

((DAMN!))
"AELS ZENTOL HAlTHOL"!
(No entry found for Haithol.Or Halthol)

[pot:3]

An eight fold magic circle appears at your feet. Black oozes from it for an instant before it explodes up like a burst oil well. It flows over you, burning your skin and filling your mind with screaming whispers and painful, unnatural thoughts. It vanishes a moment later, but ou are not as you were. Your left hand is back and your right arm is functional again. Both of them, from the shoulder down, are  solid black. They look otherwise normal.

A mark appears on your stomach with 4 open eyes out of 8. 

Silica follows Corsair outside, noticing that there is a person bleeding out int the distance who seems to look exactly like the late Sanya, she runs over to them to investigate while activating her mark.
That wasn't what I expected...
*sigh* I hope this mark isn't permanent, I spent quite a while creating this body of mine.

You run over to Sanya Mark II, who seems to be missing her hand. As per your mark, you can't seem to activate it.

Aaargh!
Back away from sword, and clutch the new blood fountain.

"Damn it... Why..?"

You continue to bleed, despite all your screaming. How odd, that usually works.

Still made of pure force, I would like to remind everyone.

I don't think fire harms me.

Keep a walkin'.

You walk down to the path to the outer gate of the Village.
It's An ancient looking 15 foot tall wall of rough cut, cobbled together stones and mortar.The wall completely blocks off the pass, save for a small doorway in it's center. To the left is the solid rock wall of the mountain and to the right is a 30 foot drop off down to the first roofs of the village.  Beyond the gate the path takes another sharp turn to the right and continues down to the village.

Put on ring. Sniff alcohol.
You put on the ring. Suddenly you're invisible! Actually no, it's just a normal ring. It's nice though. The wine smells like a rather weak alcohol made from fermented fruit. You can't place the fruit though.

"Oh, hey John. Hm... Didn't quite work..." Glassco nods at John from behind his mask, as he looks in his book again at the hastily copied notes. "Hm... Well, not sure what went wrong. Guess I'll just try again." He mutters words again, as he makes his way to the sparring ring. "This should be a safe enough place."
[pot:6]
You summon a steel spear!

You pick it up and walk into the sparring ring.

"~Clearly-insidious. Further-research-required. Unsuitable-for-immediate-defensive-adaptation.~"

You guessed it, more science!
[pot:6+1]
[end:3-1]
You summon an enormous feline made of the strange destructive light.It doesn't seem alive, but it drifts to the ground it starts roaring in strange, echoing voice. And then the second it touches  the ground it detonates. You go flying back, pelted with rock shrapnel. Once the smoke clears you're laying, half propped up against the perimeter wall of the temple grounds. Your legs appear to have dissipated, their windy forms no longer attached to the dustdevil you call a body.

"Eeeny meeny miney moe, I pick the house with the most dough!"

Head into the storehouse.  If threatened, kill target with Rothon Shael.  If NPCs, talk to them.  If empty, loot the place.
You wander into the storehouse. It's a massive place, a dark hole in the side of the mountain lit by harsh beams of light from holes in the ceiling. Wooden crates, dark from water rot, are scattered about and judging by the few broken open boxes and barrels, this place was mainly used to hold food, not high value goods. You search it anyways.
[2]
As you poke around the storehouse you notice a flickering light coming from behind some boxes. You poke your head around to investigate and barely escape as a torch is swung just past your nose. A villager, clothed but skinny and mad, comes at you wielding the torch like a club.
[spd:1+1]
[torchbearer spd:3]
[TB dex:5]
[TB str:3]
[Spd:5-2+1]
[str:2+2]
You don't have time to say a word before he's on you, but you manage to raise your mace. The torch slams into the clockwork murder device in a shower of embers and glances off. You shout words at him while he winds up for another strike.
[pot:4]
[dex:5]
A bolt of lightning bursts from your mouth and lances right through the Torchbearer's chest, leaving little in it's wake except charred bone and blackened flesh. The Villager collapses in a pile at your feet, current still arcing from your teeth.

To the church we to!
TO THE CHURCH-LIKE ORNATE BUILDING!
Words

You walk slowly down the path to the ornate building, clutching the dagger still in your stomach. The building is fairly small, crouched on the edge like it is, but it's stones were clearly cut with great care and aren't native to this mountain, by the look of it. They're a strangely bright alabaster granite. The outer doors are closed and an insignia of a white mask has been painted upon them.
[pot:5+1]
Your words summon a double sided ax made of a strange alloy of copper and steel.

"At least you didn't lose your arm like I did with my spear."
I'll activate my spear. I'll then say words, followed a few moments later by another word. After that, I'll follow Glassco.
Your spear activates and is engulfed in an aura of powerful wind.
[str:4-1]
So powerful in fact that it tears itself from your hand and goes skipping off across the temple grounds. Dang.

[pot:3]
a ball of water about as big and powerful as a water balloon flies off like a mortar shot and splashes harmlessly against the wall.
[pot:2]
The next spell doesn't do anything but make your mouth taste funny.

You shrug and follow your buddy to the sparring ring.

Try summoning a pet again.  Give it the same orders as last time.  Then head down the path.
[pot:1+1]
Nope.

You head down the path and stack up on the village's outer gate along with derm and sven

Kin leaves the group to explore the ornate building further down the path. He also tries a new word.
[pot:5]
A phantom image of a cage appears before you and then vanishes.

Aw, looks like my post somehow got eaten by the forum :c

Say "Shareeb Balethe". If I don't die horribly, examine my surroundings.
[pot:3+1]
A mark appears on your right leg.

As far as I know your surroundings are just the temple grounds, a sort of flat open space outside the temple surrounded by a low wall. There's a sparring ring, benches, and a switchback path down the mountain at one end.

Flip Derm off with both golden hands, before hopping back on my throne and floating down the path.
You get back on your throne and hover down to the Village outer gate, flipping derm the double golden bird the entire time.

"All my golden rage."

Slow flappery. Say Words.

"Huh, clouds ye' say? I don't think so."
[pot:1+1]
Oh... well...that didn't work. Probably best not to dive in with those clouds still there eh?

Now go look for monsters.
You wander back down stairs to the hall of heroes. Hmm. Well there are monsters in the basement, but there are also probably ones out down the mountain. And considering the ones in the basement seem to like fire, and your elemental control is over a flammable thing...maybe down the mountain is better. Hmm hmmm hmm.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2903 on: March 13, 2013, 12:14:31 am »

How we all still doing by the way? Having fun?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: March 13, 2013, 12:30:04 am »

Doing awesome, having fun trying to figure words out, joy from seeing new ones and figuring new things out. The gods and lore are interesting, and I have a feeling horrible eldritch abominations are going to be spewing out of guts soon. Or people turning into them. Or both, probably both.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #2905 on: March 13, 2013, 12:31:05 am »

Hmm. On second thought, go back to the scroll room, and do some more research on what exactly the magic of the other is supposed to do, and if anything happens to those who use it.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: March 13, 2013, 12:33:30 am »

Im loving it :D

summon bundle of arrows for my crossbow... aka WORDS
Carefully begin loading if successful

((Is my crossbow just a 1 shot per second autoreloader or is it a full auto murder cannon like in van helsing?))
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 12:45:53 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: March 13, 2013, 12:38:13 am »

((I'm... sort of... then again I haven't gotten to the real fun parts of magic and killing since I decided to explore every nook and cranny of the temple lol. But I'm sure I will have a blast soon.))

((Oh and anyone wanna test out what happens when you contract to more then one god/shrine/whatever? I don't feel like potentially dying yet.))

Ooo... that's interesting. Is my blood made of mercury now or something?

Cut my left arm to see if I really do bleed mercury now and or see more of the silvery scarring process. Also move my body, punch the air, and run to see if I'm feel faster. Also offer up some more blood to see if anything happens. After all that head up stairs to do more exploring.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: March 13, 2013, 12:39:10 am »

((Yep, just need to get more channeling and then the real fun will begin.))
"May as well summon another"
"Cainthalsaz Zerth".
Have both daggers follow me, search for monsters to kill in the basement. If I find something, crush it with will if it is made of flesh and/or arcane, otherwise fling daggers at it, then try to pull the daggers back through the monster.

((I'm half expecting to screw up will and put a dagger through my head here, and have been awhile :P.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: March 13, 2013, 12:47:07 am »

"~Faasci-nating.~"

More fun stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 435