Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 962075 times)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile

((Why not kill seven and capture the last one then go and have some FUN))

((Who says you need to kill all eight before he can come in to the world? He might still be able to arrive with some of the sealers dead and then start hunting sealers on his own. That is a possibility too. Though if that does happen, he wouldn't be at full power since I'm sure the seal on him would still be in effect. Though there is a positive to killing the sealers. If the ultimate big bad gives us our magic, wouldn't weaking the seal also make magic more powerful? more words might get added to the book or existing magic becomes more potent on it's own.

Killing the sealers-
Pros:
Magic might become more powerful
Our characters get to go home

Cons:
We unleash a extremely powerful evil in the world that is so powerful, people couldn't kill it and had to seal it instead
Said evil is what gives us our magic, so magic defiantly won't work on it. So we'd be powerless against him.
Sealers might actually be the good guys keeping this world from being destroyed

I think before we focus on killing the sealers, we should find out how the sealers even sealed the evil thing in the first place. They must've used something else other then our magic to do it. Maybe there is another form of magic besides the kind from our books.))
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

I think monsters will probably get more powerful and corrupted when we kill more sealers. Also, monster concentrations will probably increase near sealers. There's a good chance of our magic becoming more powerful as the Other leaks into our world tough. It'll probably change corruption too, mayby lower the level for absorption.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 07:05:24 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile

Most likely.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Win gulps and retracts his head.
He mumbles "Dem kids always ruining everything...".

Say "Clo-Caltel Gathel-Lereth Shoshashzel".

E: Oh, and the gods probably have something to do with it. If somebody reaches a high enough level with their god, we may be able to ask them.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 01:22:02 pm by miauw62 »

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

[Seriously, the lich is very informative. He's told me the answer to all of the questions your asking. Quite a while ago, actually.

To put it simply, Other being killed = no, but we're not fighting the other, we're fighting his avatar.
Magic on the other = yes, the Other is a stupid beast and its own fire will hurt it as well as real fire, as they say.
Why are the sealers evil?: The whole power corrupts thing.

At least, this is what he told me, among other things.]

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile

((Who knows if he's lying?))
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"You might as well try your crazy idea. I mean I've died a few times now so it's not like you could make it worse."
I'll go along with anything Glassco tries. If he fails, I'll activate the mark and try concentrating on flying a few feet.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

"Fair enough, and just twice now I believe. I have a feeling it will be sadly more common... But regardless. Lets see if this works... I'm going to try to create, what I hope, to be a mind link between us. If it works, I should be able to help you nudge things into shape mentally, or exert your will on things. If things look like they're going wrong, I'll just disconnect." Glassco concentrates on John and tries to use his powers to get into John's mind. No mental domination, none of that and if it looks to be that terminate such link immediately. Attempt to make it to where Glassco can use his will instead of Johns, or perhaps help him out. "Alright, lets try it out. Activate the mark and try to fly it." Will myself to will for John to will the ship upwards.

[Will doesn't look like a word anymore.

Also, who knows. I for one believe him, but you could be right. They use the powers of the eight gods to hold the avatar in place, and they want us to kill the avatar, which they acknowledge will kill them. Which is what they want, I believe, as well as the world to not be ripped to shreds.]

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence

Kin didn't drag his feet, almost falling head over heel. "Hope you don't mind me jumping in helping you? Don't want to kick you while you are down. Oh, wait. Sorry, foot in my mouth." Making sure that Thrakor understand that Kin won't solemnly make jokes under the belt he tries to figure out the best way to kick ass.

Garstopit the mage if Thrakor doesn't kill the mage. Take the metal rod if the mage is dead.

Here you go Unholy_Pariah. Filled one in for you.
Quote from: Sven's Super Secret Science Script
Gathel-LerethRight Arm
Je'raelLeft Arm
Con-telRight hand
SsathshalssallTongue

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks KineseN. The arm words were the ones I needed for my GLORIOUS ROBOTIC ARM.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence

((You should thank Unholy_Pariah, I only supplied with the unpronounceable tongue word.))

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

"Hrmm."

Continue heading out of the village.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile

Hey piecewise could you roll my everflame cast from last turn and pm me what would have happened?

You dont have to if you dont want to and i dont want you to edit last turn, i just wanna know how it would have affected the outcome of the pitchforker fight.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 10:22:56 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

(The turn will be tomorrow. Sorry, today ended up being very busy; So the few hours I had today were for ER, and the few hours I have tomorrow are for Perplexicon. Then, on friday, things get back to normal.)

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile

Hmm... I wonder, would it be possible, with enough words, to make one of these?

BOLO! Screw gods, I got a tank!
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 435