Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 962074 times)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Bear:1, Wizards:0
« Reply #4380 on: April 22, 2013, 11:42:54 pm »

Um, what? Did you just completely ignore tsuchigumo's status? And the first part of mine? She just ran into one of my landmines, and is totally pissed and wants to kill me, and I'm trying to kill her and the dude with her before they can kill me. And it's far too funny/hilarious to ignore. Also I think you've forgotten to count my wills for the last three turns. I should be well above 16/20, probably past the next level.

Regardless, my next turn is the same as my last - Kill Sanya and Superblast (and anyone else who attacks me) before they kill me do the healing thing on Sanya, Summon Thallids, and try to heal myself. And if anyone attacks me anyway, have my fungus consume them. And defuse any remaining landmines, those things are trouble.

Fakeedit- Damn I'm complaining a lot. Sorry bout that. I really do like your game, and I look forward to reading it every day. (Also we need more emotes. I want one that conveys apologetic embarrassment, but there's none to be found...)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 02:38:09 pm by Angle »

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4381 on: April 22, 2013, 11:49:30 pm »

Come on, which gods did I piss off today?
Say "Hath-caon Hobitaeaod Garhantel" and try to grab it with the crook of my last leg.  If that works, will myself to grow my other leg back.

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4382 on: April 23, 2013, 12:05:43 am »

... Tiny Hammer -_-
Say "Ku-karua Prathoal" and pray to my god for a war-hammer
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4383 on: April 23, 2013, 12:06:28 am »

gah, son of a bitch stole my arcane stakethrower... do possibly violent stuff...

((I do believe that the theiving creature must be a magical soul and ill be damned if im gonna let it get away with this

Hehe you seem to always forget my second +1 speed bonus (not that it would have helped me here) and my pool has been 2/5 for several turns despitelack of combat and casting :P))
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 01:01:19 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4384 on: April 23, 2013, 12:09:24 am »

"I wonder if that effect can be undone, it could be useful for hazardous material storage..."
Silica says <words>
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4385 on: April 23, 2013, 12:11:29 am »

[Surprised you didn't do that in the first place Derm. Then again, everyone seems to take the hard way with offensive magic. Its always lightning breathe this, fireball that, stab this, hack that... There are easier ways.

No problem Piecewise, just trying to make things easier on you.

EDIT: Also Byte has a +1 to Pot rolls, although with the roll of a six really doubt that would of changed anything.]

"Haha, success! Sparky is now huge...-er! ...Oh right, I kind of gave up on the 'mark to free up ability to mind control' thing. Since I figured that if it links it similarly, then it really wouldn't free anything up, so I figured why not just make him bigger then? Seriously though, he's huge! If it wasn't for the fact that I'm so sure I'd kill myself if I touched him, I'd say we should just ride him. Also I've decided its a he now, since I'm tired of saying 'it', makes it a touch impersonal in my opinion." Glassco celebrates his success by resisting the urge to make Sparky give him a high five, as he's sure that would end up in his horrible, horrible death. Either by broken arm or electrocution.

"Also, there's a shipyard that a way! It might have a ship. Or not, probably not to be honest, it looks pretty decayed from here. I don't know anything that could bring something back to peak and prime condition, except maybe some loose interpretations of mental willpower. Or turning something into one thing, then back again. Anyway, got that helmet ready? I'm good to make this baby worthy of us!" Glassco waits patiently for John to hand him the helmet.

[Actual actions below!]

"Ah, thank you. Time to turn this bowl into a sloop! Also, you got a point about the cave, there might be neat stuff in there. Not sure if Sparky can fit in it anymore though, but then again with this I should be able to control stone, so what's to stop me from just widening the cave?" Glassco takes the helmet from John, gives it a good look over to see what it looks like, and places it on his head. "Right, also... I have me a bit of a crazy idea, mind if you can try something for me? Either way, something positive will happen, I hope, but if it truly works... Well, the effects could be astronomical. Also on that note, I won't lose control of Sparky, he's perfectly fine. If I do though we're probably going to die horribly, but I don't see why I should. Right now he's just a big 'ole friendly ball of lightning beetle and awesome." Glassco relays the plan to John silently, then takes a dramatic step towards the bowl. "Right, with that out of the way, time to get this baby into shape! Gentlemen and gentlebugs, I suggest taking a step back, mental prowess is on display here!" Glassco then gets to shaping! [Said shaping is in the spoiler down below.]

Spoiler: Ship Re-envisioning! (click to show/hide)

[Can't put the above in spoilers because you can't nest spoilers for some stupid reason.]
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 05:02:40 pm by Xanmyral »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #4386 on: April 23, 2013, 12:51:41 am »

"Wait this is a better Idea"
Take the bow off of the skeleton give it my obsidian sword and chestplate and words at angle for annoying her bearliance with explosives then get skeleton to kill him if he is still alive[/s]
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 06:54:00 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4387 on: April 23, 2013, 01:02:18 am »

"Oooh, I had a fun idea. Hmm, first step."
Rune science. Activate from a safe distance.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 01:14:20 am by Nahere »

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #4388 on: April 23, 2013, 02:29:16 am »

Take the bow off of the skeleton give it my obsidian sword and chestplate and words at angle for annoying her bearliance with explosives then get skeleton to kill him if he is still alive

Can't we talk about this?

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #4389 on: April 23, 2013, 03:00:04 am »

Take the bow off of the skeleton give it my obsidian sword and chestplate and words at angle for annoying her bearliance with explosives then get skeleton to kill him if he is still alive

If you want but one of the aether mottoes is "never forgive, never forget" so you would need a compelling argument (such as convincing her bearliance to forgive your landmines)
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: April 23, 2013, 03:30:27 am »

If you want but one of the aether mottoes is "never forgive, never forget" so you would need a compelling argument (such as convincing her bearliance to forgive your landmines)
((Rather unfortunately, your landmines inadvertently harmed a character who is both a member of Aether AND the Bearliance. Healing Sanya would probably be a good course of action. Assuming of course that Tsuchi, Superblast and Corsair agree and remember to edit their posts. If all else fails, you could just commit suicide, since that won't perma kill you.))
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 03:32:15 am by Empiricist »

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #4391 on: April 23, 2013, 05:09:59 am »

"Thought as much."

Seeing as A16 enhance an object with a rune property Kin decide to try another circle, A31, C1 and offload the metal rod on the larger circle hopefully without discharging himself. Activate the circle.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4392 on: April 23, 2013, 05:42:26 am »

Now that's just creepy. And what's this book?

Adrian pages through the book a bit, picking out a few words at random to say.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 05:43:59 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4393 on: April 23, 2013, 05:57:43 am »

My Aether side is saying "do science" but my bear side is overpowering that with "Healing good, but one chance only."
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4394 on: April 23, 2013, 06:47:21 am »

((In that case, you might want to tell that to Corsair before he kills Angle))
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 06:58:01 am by Empiricist »
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 435