Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33

Author Topic: [DF 34.11] Warhammer 40k - Underhive Settlement 1.6.1  (Read 103411 times)

stormcry0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 34.11] Warhammer 40k - Underhive Settlement 1.4.5
« Reply #120 on: March 04, 2013, 12:27:39 pm »

Okey, so, I messaged Mr. Zimmer to ask him permission to help in the fixing of the mod, he replied:

"I've been way too busy to keep up with DF much, so feel free to take the whole thing over with my blessing. The latest released version has everything aside from some minor fixes you've probably already fixed. Good luck."

Therefore I will be posting more often here first fixing the most important problems and working in a more clear and efective industry.

Once again, I have no plans of taking over the mod, I just want to help Mr. Zimmer to fix it since his the one holding it right now, and until he have time I will be answering and correcting the problems found by you.

SO, first things first, I will update this post with a list of problems and ideas, from most important to less game-breaking/relevant.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 02:19:51 pm by stormcry0 »

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 04, 2013, 12:31:32 pm »

Good, that it will still get some fixes

SuicideRey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 07, 2013, 10:49:05 pm »

Hey guys, this is probably gonna be a noob question but I've started a new settlement and everything was fine untill I realized... I haven't brought any drills with me! Could someone give me a little information on how can I make at least one? I think it's made in a reclaimator, but I'm not sure how to obtain mechanical parts... Thanks. (:

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 07, 2013, 10:52:16 pm »

I think you're basically screwed, to put it bluntly.

SuicideRey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 07, 2013, 10:55:27 pm »

I think you're basically screwed, to put it bluntly.
Gosh darn it. That's very dissapointing... Is there anyway to obtain one... Illegally? XD Other way I'm starting a new settlement. And Thanks.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 07, 2013, 10:56:05 pm »

If you somehow manage to survive until the first caravan comes you can rip the depot and jack everything.

SuicideRey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 07, 2013, 11:05:55 pm »

If you somehow manage to survive until the first caravan comes you can rip the depot and jack everything.
To be honest, I had 2 caravans arrive so far. I jacked the first one and the second one run away due to wolf spiders here's a screenshot of what I have right now, I wasn't lucky getting anything from them though, no drills and no metals only some items that I could melt.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 07, 2013, 11:14:38 pm »

Wait and pray to the emperor for a drill?

SuicideRey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 07, 2013, 11:19:53 pm »

Wait and pray to the emperor for a drill?
Haha thanks, sure will, bruwa. xD

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 08, 2013, 05:56:15 am »

You can get most the materials for rockdrills by sifting through junk. Of course you need a drill to get junk, if you didn't bring a few hundred piles at embark.

If are willing to cheat, you could change any reaction in the RAWs to produce rockdrills... on the other hand you seem to do pretty well. You will probably acquire a drill when the first Hiver caravan arrives.

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 08, 2013, 06:15:19 am »

Its easiest for you to start a new embark, and its cheaper to buy the ferrum drill crates things than a drill on its own.
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 08, 2013, 07:25:00 am »

nah, cheating is easier at this point.
replace the reaction for rockdrills at data\save\regionX\raw\objexts\reaction_reclaimator.txt with this one:

Still, I would see it as a challenge rather than a failure.
Also, mining is very hard in this mod.

SuicideRey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 08, 2013, 08:03:18 pm »

nah, cheating is easier at this point.
replace the reaction for rockdrills at data\save\regionX\raw\objexts\reaction_reclaimator.txt with this one:

Still, I would see it as a challenge rather than a failure.
Also, mining is very hard in this mod.
Oh thanks I'll just wait a little bit longer for the underhive caravan and if I have no luck, I will try that.
I never really messed with the RAW's but I'll give this a shot thanks. (:

chalicier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 21, 2013, 12:32:21 pm »

Here's my current set of RAWs, stormcry. They should have rust, gunpowder and priming compound producing sane quantities, Hydrogen acting like a liquid (as gases seem not to want to stay in barrels), Prometheum collection working, ghost fingers mat tags corrected, and brass smelting working correctly.

It also has "Prepare Rat Meat" as a Kitchen option, too. I'm looking into the possibility of modding an occasional puking-sickness for gangers who eat it  :D

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/584809/underhive_raws.rar

stormcry0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 07, 2013, 09:49:25 pm »

Here's my current set of RAWs, stormcry. They should have rust, gunpowder and priming compound producing sane quantities, Hydrogen acting like a liquid (as gases seem not to want to stay in barrels), Prometheum collection working, ghost fingers mat tags corrected, and brass smelting working correctly.

It also has "Prepare Rat Meat" as a Kitchen option, too. I'm looking into the possibility of modding an occasional puking-sickness for gangers who eat it  :D

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/584809/underhive_raws.rar

I'm so sorry for not been around here working in the mod to get it fully functional but I've been working in my degree thesis, in June I will get that resolved and then I will work harder, better, faster and stronger to get the best necromunda ever! o:

Thanks a lot Chalicier I will take so time to check your fixes, again, thanks again specially with the hydro, in the other hand I have plans to remove the brass from the mod and add "plasfibre" A cheap material made from plascrete and used for armor.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33