Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33

Author Topic: [DF 34.11] Warhammer 40k - Underhive Settlement 1.6.1  (Read 103096 times)

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 34.11] Warhammer 40k - Underhive Settlement 1.5.0
« Reply #165 on: July 25, 2013, 10:14:02 am »

Type in enormous rock drum in the items menu. If its not there, you have to build eet.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 25, 2013, 10:20:25 am »

Yeah problem with fuelrods, found em, bought em, water still STILL needs fuelrods to build
you need to unpack it first. b->w->R to build the Receiving Bay, then select it.

Where can I get the enormous rock drum, though???
In the Craftsmanshop, under Rock->make drum.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 25, 2013, 10:35:56 am »

QUICK HOW DO I MAKE BOTTLES

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 25, 2013, 06:50:12 pm »

Make raw green glass, go to kiln, order bottles to be blown. If that hasn't changed.

Or just bring a crate at embark...  should I upload an easy starting build somewhere?

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 26, 2013, 12:38:22 am »

Make raw green glass, go to kiln, order bottles to be blown. If that hasn't changed.

Or just bring a crate at embark...  should I upload an easy starting build somewhere?

Go for it. In retrospect, it's something I should have done a long time ago. I think A&D had one for the original version, but of course it's no longer valid.

Also, I made a succession game of this by the name of Shovelmurk. Check it out in Games and Stories forum and give playing a turn a try! Open to all comers!
please
it's so lonely

On a side note, I've been thinking of implementing features from the seasonal crops mod, making harvests yearly events, and I'd like some input on this.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 01:21:29 am by Suds Zimmerman »
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows
DORFAMUNDA - NECROMUNDA DF MOD

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 26, 2013, 02:07:18 am »

Here's a solid build with a focus on the rifle industry: http://rapidshare.com/files/4046140113/embark_profiles.txt
Probably not the most optimized one, especially on the skill side, but it should be enough to keep your fortress alive through the first year.

1. Copy it into the init folder
2. Choose it at embark, replace stuff that got amiss
3. EMBARK in an area that has no soil(aka easymode)
4. Construct Receiving Bay: b->w->R, uncrate everything.
5. Build a water still and filling area. You should have a rod and bottles.You still need barrels(or stone drums)
6. Dig downward staircases to check for poisonous rock
7. Dissassemble those autoguns, reassemble as many as possible
8. Dig down into non-poisonous rock, make blocks, build a wall around your farming plots and entrance.
9. Butcher your groxes if there is no grass on the surface, but only after you got you hivers underground and the entrance secured.
10. Figure out the metalworking industry. Remember that the Crushing Station kills hivers.... and that this is no reason not to use it
11. Figure out chemistry industry to make gunpowder to actually shoot things!
12. Figure out the farming industry to feed your dudes after the grox meat runs out!

Haven't played in a while, so if the build is lacking something, tell me!

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 26, 2013, 02:30:09 am »

Here's a solid build with a focus on the rifle industry: http://rapidshare.com/files/4046140113/embark_profiles.txt
Probably not the most optimized one, especially on the skill side, but it should be enough to keep your fortress alive through the first year.

1. Copy it into the init folder
2. Choose it at embark, replace stuff that got amiss
3. EMBARK in an area that has no soil(aka easymode)
4. Construct Receiving Bay: b->w->R, uncrate everything.
5. Build a water still and filling area. You should have a rod and bottles.You still need barrels(or stone drums)
6. Dig downward staircases to check for poisonous rock
7. Dissassemble those autoguns, reassemble as many as possible
8. Dig down into non-poisonous rock, make blocks, build a wall around your farming plots and entrance.
9. Butcher your groxes if there is no grass on the surface, but only after you got you hivers underground and the entrance secured.
10. Figure out the metalworking industry. Remember that the Crushing Station kills hivers.... and that this is no reason not to use it
11. Figure out chemistry industry to make gunpowder to actually shoot things!
12. Figure out the farming industry to feed your dudes after the grox meat runs out!

Haven't played in a while, so if the build is lacking something, tell me!
Why no ammo? You can afford a bulk crate if you go down to about 9 junk piles. I mean, if you're gonna haul that many autoguns, you might as well bring the pointy shooty banger pellets. It also looks like it hasn't been adjusted for the price increases in 1.5.0, and a lot of stuff doesn't get properly bought as a result.

Here is a version compatible with the latest UH settlement. The game has been having trouble assigning the prawns, so those are omitted, as are the junk piles, due to their price septupling in the latest release. It has 128 points to spare to be used on whatever. Might be good to get ride of some stuff and buy a crate of 270 autogun cartridges for hunting/having on a rainy day. (Note to self: rename bulk rifle cartridges to bulk autogun cartridges.)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 04:47:24 am by Suds Zimmerman »

Tias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 26, 2013, 04:17:05 am »

I still can't find the enormous rock drum. Will 'build rock instrument' and hope it becomes a drum yield one?

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 26, 2013, 04:22:03 am »

I still can't find the enormous rock drum. Will 'build rock instrument' and hope it becomes a drum yield one?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 26, 2013, 09:16:19 am »

Here is a version compatible with the latest UH settlement. The game has been having trouble assigning the prawns, so those are omitted, as are the junk piles, due to their price septupling in the latest release. It has 128 points to spare to be used on whatever. Might be good to get ride of some stuff and buy a crate of 270 autogun cartridges for hunting/having on a rainy day. (Note to self: rename bulk rifle cartridges to bulk autogun cartridges.)
That's great, my version was more of a stopgap anyway. I mainly forgot the ammo. I am pretty sure though I put the thing together in the newest release, so misadjusted prices would confuse me. Have to look into that.

Junk is the most effective starting ressource, more than worth to ditch the ammo for. It trains your mechanic, produces reliably large amounts of wealth and somewhat reliably ammo and rifle parts, blue prints and random necessities. You can easily afford a hundred units at start as well, which may be more than you can find on your whole map.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 34.11] Warhammer 40k - Underhive Settlement 1.5.1
« Reply #175 on: July 26, 2013, 09:36:49 am »

Where do i copy paste embark.profiles.txt?

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 26, 2013, 10:04:59 am »

That's great, my version was more of a stopgap anyway. I mainly forgot the ammo. I am pretty sure though I put the thing together in the newest release, so misadjusted prices would confuse me. Have to look into that.

Junk is the most effective starting ressource, more than worth to ditch the ammo for. It trains your mechanic, produces reliably large amounts of wealth and somewhat reliably ammo and rifle parts, blue prints and random necessities. You can easily afford a hundred units at start as well, which may be more than you can find on your whole map.
That's one of the reasons I increased the price; it's now 42 points for a junk pile. With the old versions it didn't make any sense to bring along anything but junk and the barest essentials. I didn't intend junk to be free money for new settlements, just a welcome byproduct of exploratory digging and an incentive to get past those toxic rubble clusters and dig deeper. I think it should still be possible to turn a profit by buying junk off caravans, but it shouldn't be as big as before. I feel it was a justified change, but I welcome your input.

Where do i copy paste embark.profiles.txt?
/data/init
Remember to spend your leftover points.

Side note on the topic of junk: I've been thinking of adding blocks to the list of stuff produced from junk in order to facilitate the building of scrap walls. It seems very appropriate for the setting. Thoughts?

PPS: Also, I wish we still had immigrant nobles. You can trick the game into spawning a caste that has no chance of appearing in the wild by tying it to a particular position. I wanted to make a rogue techpriest caste that arrives like the old Dungeon Keeper and has a servo-arm, massive strength and tripled learning rate for industrial/medical skills. Ah well, maybe some day.

PPPS: The above method is how I got this ornery gentleman in the game, as leader of the Pit Slave civ. Well, when I was genning worlds to check out some positions stuff and to see if socks worked, I noticed that a Pit Slave King had become a Sorceror of Nurgle and gathered a retinue of fellow Sorcerors to whom he had passed on the secrets. I didn't check if he still lead the civ, because I don't think necromancers and their derivatives can do that, but it's a nice thought. A character like that would make a badass Dark Heresy antagonist.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 10:08:04 pm by Suds Zimmerman »

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 26, 2013, 10:13:20 am »

Is the mod SUPPOSED to be this hard? I got WRECKED by sludge jellies 1 minute after embark, HiverMcFucktard goes into a marital trance and kills 2 people, etc

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 26, 2013, 10:20:48 am »

Is the mod SUPPOSED to be this hard? I got WRECKED by sludge jellies 1 minute after embark, HiverMcFucktard goes into a marital trance pitched a fit and kills 2 people, etc

Yeah, I've seen jellies wreck wolf spiders and feral grox so really it's best to only have moving water on the map to avoid death by dehydration and nothing else.You'd probably have better chances against wolf spiders than jellies in the rivers of this besotted miserable little planet.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 26, 2013, 10:25:09 am »

Is the mod SUPPOSED to be this hard? I got WRECKED by sludge jellies 1 minute after embark, HiverMcFucktard goes into a marital trance and kills 2 people, etc
Yes. Yes, most definitely.

-snip-
I... think I accidentally unpacked the version 1.47 into the 1.51 folder or something the like. I really welcome the price adjustments. Sorry for the therefore outdated starting build. It will be replaced as soon as I get to a computer that can run DF without whining.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 11:22:02 am by Liber celi »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33