Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33

Author Topic: [DF 34.11] Warhammer 40k - Underhive Settlement 1.6.1  (Read 103397 times)

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 34.11] Warhammer 40k - Underhive Settlement 1.5.1
« Reply #180 on: July 27, 2013, 05:15:58 am »

marital trance
Is that what the kids are calling it these days?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Small update: I'm gonna get to work updating the raws for DFHack, particularly for the autosyndrome feature - solve the problem of children and dogs being turned en masse into heavy machine gunners. Remember to keep me posted on any bugs you encounter. Maybe this time around I won't take half a year to get to them.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows
DORFAMUNDA - NECROMUNDA DF MOD

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 28, 2013, 01:17:12 am »

New update on pending changes.
For 1.5.2, alongside DFHack compatibility, I want to add each of the Necromundan Houses as plug-ins, each with separate creature and civ entries as well as graphics. So if you want to play Delaque, Escher, Goliath, Van Saar and Cawdor you'll be able to do that and get thematic benefits and penalties for that. Now, I've got a pretty good handle on what I want to do for most of the Houses as far as mechanical stuff goes: Orlock (which will continue to be the default house) will get a significant bonus to mining skill gain as well as a small bonus to smelting efficiency. Escher will get a bonus to agility and to melee skills for females and an across-the-board penalty on everything for males as well as a lower population ratio (due to a genetic abnormality). Goliath will get significant bonuses to strength and toughness for males but females will get reduced skill gain rate for selected skills (in this case, to represent regressive cultural practices rather than genetic abnormalities.) Cawdor will be friendly with Redemptionists and hostile to Ratskins, and will be able to outfit their gangers with powerful flamethrowers (in the form of a fairly long-lasting transformation.) Van Saar will get a relatively minor but still significant boost to skill gain for all industrial/crafting skills.

Now, the main problem is that I'm unsure of what to give the Delaques. They'll be getting cave adaptation for sure, to represent their sensitivity to light, but I'm not sure what bonuses to give them. In the fluff, they're all about spycraft and information brokering, but I'm not sure how to translate this to DF. Any help whatsoever with this will be greatly appreciated. Additionally, the reason I want to do them as plug-ins and not have all the Houses in-game simultaneously as separate civs is because I'm concerned about players getting swamped by caravans/sieges/ambushes. If anyone knows of a method to have all the civs in-game whilst avoiding that, I would appreciate having that information passed on.

In addition to all of that, each of the Houses will have separate wardrobes and armouries and available trade goods where appropriate (Goliaths getting access to large two-handed weapons, Cawdor getting flamer fuel from caravans, etc.) Furthermore, there will be a new Rival Ganger civ dependent on which House you choose, who will bother you with everything from theft to sieges. (It's gonna be Orlock vs. Delaque, Goliath vs. Escher and Cawdor vs. Van Saar as the odd ones out.) As always, please keep me current to any of your thoughts, concerns and wishes for the mod.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 01:20:46 am by Suds Zimmerman »

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 28, 2013, 01:41:41 pm »

Add a new good only seed * Serene, Mirthful, and Joyous Wilds * for the carebears, will ya?

Tias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 34.11] Warhammer 40k - Underhive Settlement 1.5.0
« Reply #183 on: July 31, 2013, 04:15:28 pm »

I still can't find the enormous rock drum. Will 'build rock instrument' and hope it becomes a drum yield one?

Be that as it may, there is no 'rock drum' on my list, only rock instrument.

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 34.11] Warhammer 40k - Underhive Settlement 1.5.0
« Reply #184 on: July 31, 2013, 09:59:50 pm »

I still can't find the enormous rock drum. Will 'build rock instrument' and hope it becomes a drum yield one?

Be that as it may, there is no 'rock drum' on my list, only rock instrument.
Then you must likely installed the mod improperly, since everything is working fine on my end.

chalicier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 01, 2013, 03:11:49 pm »

Apologies for my absence, everyone, I've been working on my own games. I'm loving the new updates, SZ!

Atelerd

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 03, 2013, 05:14:41 am »

Is there any way to speed up shooting?
I'm playing as adventurer and I'm upset about it's rate of fire - because there is ~7 turns for one shot, and for these time enemies would tear you to pieces.
Once I saw birst fire, but I can't figure out how to switch to it.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 03, 2013, 05:29:54 am »

No, not really, and burst fire? ._.

Atelerd

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 03, 2013, 05:31:21 am »

Three rounds in the one attack. Maybe I've seen it in the dream, heh.
Maybe i can speed it up by changing raw files or something?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 03, 2013, 05:34:01 am »

That's what I mean when I say "no, not really" :P

Atelerd

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 03, 2013, 05:39:45 am »

Dammit. That makes guns in adventure mode totally useless.

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 03, 2013, 06:05:19 am »

If that were possible I'd have already done it. The only very slim possibility is through some sort of DFhack witchery. My fondest DF wish is for ranged weapons to get their own individual speed tokens when Toady releases the new combat update. We'd still have the little guys dropping in individual cartridges each time they fire, but it'd be a hell of a lot better than nothing.

As it stands, guns aren't that bad if you give yourself a really high skill and avoid close encounters. It's the only viable way to have it enjoyable with everything being as it is. I've actually had some pretty tense gun battles in adventure mode. Town catacombs are great for that. And, of course, if guns get any better, melee weapons will become useless (unless you have insane dodging skill or carapace armour.)

On the topic of DFHack, does anyone know the proper commands for autosyndrome syndromes? Are they the ones here or the ones here? I'm gonna try both if I have to but I'd rather save some time, if anyone knows.

1.5.2 is nearly done. All the graphics are finished; the ones I'm least satisfied with are the Eschers and the Goliaths but everything else is good enough for me. All I have to do now is set up everything for DFHack.

TastyMints

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:love of murder]
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 03, 2013, 11:43:17 am »

On the topic of burst fire and ranged weapons, somehow I get the feeling we will see a set of raws for ranged weapons that will include material types, speed tokens, temperatures, physical states, etc. The modding community is extremely important to Toady and he has always facilitated all kinds of fun and interesting things when the time came. With the current and future overhaul of melee combat, I don't think I would be stepping out of line or being too presumptuous if I were to say that ranged combat will likely get the same treatment.

Remember, combat still has a long way to go, and the idea of fighting styles with their own raws has been commented on many times. I also happen to recall reading in DFtalk that the ability to breath clouds of items was also added in this release, but currently does not assign any mass or attributes to said items that could cause harm. All in good time.

P.S. Looking forward to 1.5.2 I'm just about ready to start a new settlement.

P.P.S. I would have to disagree on the sentiment of guns making melee weapons useless or redundant. In an Underhive, the firearm catalog can range anywhere from black powder weapons to Storm Bolters, which are essentially guns that fire grenade sized exploding jet propelled bullets at the potential maximum of 360 rounds per minute per barrel (720 rounds per minute for said Storm Bolter.) It would be somewhat silly to assume that even the equivalent of a modern assault rifle would be common amongst UnderHivers. Most of the more advanced technology that mankind has in its possession are made and maintained from blueprints created before or during the Dark Age of Technology. A settlement that could manufacture such weapons in the Underhive itself would surely deserve to wield them against their enemies, and they must be suitably difficult to mass produce. Assuming these things, melee weapons are definitely not rendered useless.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 12:53:41 pm by TastyMints »

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 03, 2013, 01:51:10 pm »

On the topic of burst fire and ranged weapons, somehow I get the feeling we will see a set of raws for ranged weapons that will include material types, speed tokens, temperatures, physical states, etc. The modding community is extremely important to Toady and he has always facilitated all kinds of fun and interesting things when the time came. With the current and future overhaul of melee combat, I don't think I would be stepping out of line or being too presumptuous if I were to say that ranged combat will likely get the same treatment.

Remember, combat still has a long way to go, and the idea of fighting styles with their own raws has been commented on many times. I also happen to recall reading in DFtalk that the ability to breath clouds of items was also added in this release, but currently does not assign any mass or attributes to said items that could cause harm. All in good time.

P.S. Looking forward to 1.5.2 I'm just about ready to start a new settlement.

P.P.S. I would have to disagree on the sentiment of guns making melee weapons useless or redundant. In an Underhive, the firearm catalog can range anywhere from black powder weapons to Storm Bolters, which are essentially guns that fire grenade sized exploding jet propelled bullets at the potential maximum of 360 rounds per minute per barrel (720 rounds per minute for said Storm Bolter.) It would be somewhat silly to assume that even the equivalent of a modern assault rifle would be common amongst UnderHivers. Most of the more advanced technology that mankind has in its possession are made and maintained from blueprints created before or during the Dark Age of Technology. A settlement that could manufacture such weapons in the Underhive itself would surely deserve to wield them against their enemies, and they must be suitably difficult to mass produce. Assuming these things, melee weapons are definitely not rendered useless.

I meant useless in adventure mode, you silly goose. No sense in bringing a sword when Redemptionist Butthole #358 can put a bullet in your skull as soon as he spots you. Though I guess it's a good thing none of the civs are packing boltguns.

I'm really excited for the combat update even if we don't get improved ranged weapon moddability. Separating attack and movement speed is gonna be a godsend whatever happens. And the brawls look fun.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 03, 2013, 02:58:46 pm »

If that were possible I'd have already done it. The only very slim possibility is through some sort of DFhack witchery. My fondest DF wish is for ranged weapons to get their own individual speed tokens when Toady releases the new combat update. We'd still have the little guys dropping in individual cartridges each time they fire, but it'd be a hell of a lot better than nothing.

As it stands, guns aren't that bad if you give yourself a really high skill and avoid close encounters. It's the only viable way to have it enjoyable with everything being as it is. I've actually had some pretty tense gun battles in adventure mode. Town catacombs are great for that. And, of course, if guns get any better, melee weapons will become useless (unless you have insane dodging skill or carapace armour.)

On the topic of DFHack, does anyone know the proper commands for autosyndrome syndromes? Are they the ones here or the ones here? I'm gonna try both if I have to but I'd rather save some time, if anyone knows.

1.5.2 is nearly done. All the graphics are finished; the ones I'm least satisfied with are the Eschers and the Goliaths but everything else is good enough for me. All I have to do now is set up everything for DFHack.

You might notice that they're both the same...
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33