Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33

Author Topic: [DF 34.11] Warhammer 40k - Underhive Settlement 1.6.1  (Read 103405 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [DF 34.11] Warhammer 40k - Underhive Settlement 1.5.5
« Reply #240 on: August 21, 2013, 06:04:13 am »

Its missing the [SOIL] tag, it only has [SOIL_OCEAN].

To be a clay that can be collected the inorganic must be SOIL_TEMPLATE, SOIL, and has :FIRED_MAT:something. The something can be anything you like, just the FIRED_MAT tag must be exactly like that.

EDIT: I think you would have a lot of fun with this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60111839/locilization%20patch.zip

It lets you rename any word in the stringdump of DF. So your hardcoded "collect clay" can become a "Collect Promethium", and the Kiln can be named a "Promethium Refinery"... and many, many more things. Its huge and I use it extensively in MasterworkDF. I replaced over 200 hardcoded strings by now.

Edit2: If I am not entirely clear, read this. That was my reaction when I first found it. :)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 06:11:08 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Carch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 21, 2013, 06:19:25 am »

check, adding soil tag to prometium morass allows it's collection as clay. just trying to figure out a way to get the world gen back to it's previous way without losing the soil tag.
Carch likes steel, tin, pewter, sharks for their sharp teeth, dragons for their possessive nature and magma smelters for their warm glow.

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 21, 2013, 06:22:22 am »

Way ahead of you on the localization patch, Meph. I've already changed most of everything that needs changing, though some of the stuff that replaced references to the sun is still a bit wonky. (The lights are in the eastern ceiling should really be more like the lights are brightest in the east or something.) The problem with making it a soil layer is that it would be too abundant, when it's really meant to be a semi-rare resource, so the stone method is more in line with my original intentions.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows
DORFAMUNDA - NECROMUNDA DF MOD

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #243 on: August 21, 2013, 07:38:36 am »

Yes, adding the soil tag means complete layers of it. I dont really know myself what to do with that function... I have two types of clay for stone/earthenware, dirt for cheap boulders that can be used as builtmats only, and peat, which can be compressed into a slow but limitless fuel source.

Dont really know if anything else is reasonable. Certainly not the rare 1-tile things I talked about earlier, the soil-layer thingy kind of kills that idea.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Carch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 21, 2013, 07:56:43 am »

maybe the special tag helps? I'm not sure what it does and the wiki isn't clear, but I suspect it prevents it from being generated as parts of layers.
I'll run some tests on that, but I'm not at all sure.
Carch likes steel, tin, pewter, sharks for their sharp teeth, dragons for their possessive nature and magma smelters for their warm glow.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #245 on: August 21, 2013, 08:26:29 am »

No, the special tag only restricts it from embark and caravans. It will still occur naturally. Besides, it only works on metals, not all inorganics.

Carch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 21, 2013, 10:11:43 am »

oohh.. then.. I might have an idea....
make a special building called 'promethium derrick' and make it require the stone you get from mining a promethium morass tile. and make the promethium morass tiles only occur as 1-tile clusters inside isomeric promethium?
if you mark the stone as special you can't trade for it, so the balance would be preserved.
I know it's not.. ideal.. but.. it would allow you to keep the promethium morass as it was, and work more or less as intended.
or maybe make it a special stone that only occurs inside promethium morass clusters? then you can keep the original world gen almost completely intact.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 21, 2013, 12:30:37 pm »

I'm a devout lover of WH40k, so posting to follow :D

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 21, 2013, 03:41:29 pm »

Whats this green stuff i find myself unable to mine?

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 21, 2013, 06:41:38 pm »

make a special building called 'promethium derrick' and make it require the stone you get from mining a promethium morass tile. and make the promethium morass tiles only occur as 1-tile clusters inside isomeric promethium?
if you mark the stone as special you can't trade for it, so the balance would be preserved.
I know it's not.. ideal.. but.. it would allow you to keep the promethium morass as it was, and work more or less as intended.
or maybe make it a special stone that only occurs inside promethium morass clusters? then you can keep the original world gen almost completely intact.
This is a good idea. If I give the stone a small chance of getting spent in the reaction, it will also provide an incentive not to just milk a single boulder forever. Thank you, Carch. I'll be sure to add it in the next version, when I get around to releasing it. I've been spending way too much time working on other things lately.

(Speaking of, I might be running a Dark Heresy campaign come September. I'd ask anyone that is interested to please send me a PM.)

TastyMints

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:love of murder]
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 21, 2013, 11:15:53 pm »

Just popping in with some things for Suds:

I seem to be having difficulties producing a Metal Stamping Press even though I appear to have the appropriate components.

Within the Reloading Bench, the command to create pistol stubs is shared between stub pistols and autopistols. The both say "Pistol Stubs"

Also, I've done some reading and I noticed that Autoguns and Autopistols actually fire caseless ammunition. That is, the majority of the bullet is a shaped charge of propellant, rather than encased in brass. I could see autogun cartridges and autopistol stubs using extra propellant and no brass. This would also further differentiate firearm manufacturing into two different tiers, sure, but that might not be a bad thing. You mentioned changing power generation to more of a reactor-based method. If this is so, then having a chymistry intensive process for creating autogun/pistol/cannon rounds might give more structure to the progression of the mod.

Also I've been throwing around a few ideas in my noggin for a couple weeks. More on that later, I'll take a swing at doing it myself and submitting it for your approval rather than expecting you to cater to vague suggestions. ;)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 11:17:50 pm by TastyMints »

Carch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 22, 2013, 05:16:45 am »

This is a good idea. If I give the stone a small chance of getting spent in the reaction, it will also provide an incentive not to just milk a single boulder forever. Thank you, Carch. I'll be sure to add it in the next version, when I get around to releasing it. I've been spending way too much time working on other things lately.

(Speaking of, I might be running a Dark Heresy campaign come September. I'd ask anyone that is interested to please send me a PM.)
wooo! I contributed to this awesome mod! XD

if you want, I can PM you the building I made as a concept for a 'prometheum derrick' and I already worked on adapting the prometheum morass so that it dropped a 'prometheum well sounding'.
my idea was that if you took the location of three promethium morass tiles*, you could work out the location of the sub-surface deposit they welled up from. but making it a non-infinite resource would work well too.

*which now only occur as single-tile deposits inside isomeric prometheum, since my reasoning was that you'd find isomeric promethium around a morass tile, and that could lead you to the location of the real deposit.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 05:20:30 am by Carch »

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 22, 2013, 10:22:19 am »

Just popping in with some things for Suds:

I seem to be having difficulties producing a Metal Stamping Press even though I appear to have the appropriate components.

Within the Reloading Bench, the command to create pistol stubs is shared between stub pistols and autopistols. The both say "Pistol Stubs"

Also, I've done some reading and I noticed that Autoguns and Autopistols actually fire caseless ammunition. That is, the majority of the bullet is a shaped charge of propellant, rather than encased in brass. I could see autogun cartridges and autopistol stubs using extra propellant and no brass. This would also further differentiate firearm manufacturing into two different tiers, sure, but that might not be a bad thing. You mentioned changing power generation to more of a reactor-based method. If this is so, then having a chymistry intensive process for creating autogun/pistol/cannon rounds might give more structure to the progression of the mod.

Also I've been throwing around a few ideas in my noggin for a couple weeks. More on that later, I'll take a swing at doing it myself and submitting it for your approval rather than expecting you to cater to vague suggestions. ;)
The stamping press is deprecated and not even supposed to be in there any more, the pistol stub thing is easily fixed, and I'm well aware that auto cartridges are supposed to be caseless. The problem is that when I called Heckler and Koch they wouldn't tell me what the binder for their caseless cartridges. I don't think you can make a solid little block of propellant out of nitrocellulose alone. Until someone can help me out with the science, I'm going to just assume that the hivers are as stupid as I am and have decided to rely on an older, more reliable form of cartridge assembly. Not that I'm against the idea by any stretch of the imagination, just need some data.

wooo! I contributed to this awesome mod! XD

if you want, I can PM you the building I made as a concept for a 'prometheum derrick' and I already worked on adapting the prometheum morass so that it dropped a 'prometheum well sounding'.
my idea was that if you took the location of three promethium morass tiles*, you could work out the location of the sub-surface deposit they welled up from. but making it a non-infinite resource would work well too.

*which now only occur as single-tile deposits inside isomeric prometheum, since my reasoning was that you'd find isomeric promethium around a morass tile, and that could lead you to the location of the real deposit.
Nah, I'm good. Thanks, though.

Carch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 22, 2013, 11:10:06 am »

actually.. nitrocellulose can be 'cast' into a specific shape by pressing it into a heated mold while underwater or suspended in a non-flammable oil.
the point that always seems a bit off to me is that caseless ammunition tends to require a very specific gun design so the firing chamber doesn't overheat and cook of the next round while it's being chambered (since normal guns eject most of this heat in the spent casing)
I always find it unlikely that with all the different patterns (as autoguns tend to be manufactured absolutely ANYWHERE, and require less tech then even a lasgun to make) around, everyone and their pet grox somehow managed to overcome the overheating problem. not to mention leakage around the back of the firing chamber without any adeptus mechanicus education in design.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #254 on: August 22, 2013, 11:54:06 am »

But ammo without a quiver (even renamed to cartidge) is impossible to mod into DF. Dwarves need to carry a quiver with their ammo. So have the reaction produce bullets, and use the quiver as cartride. Done.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33