Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33

Author Topic: [DF 34.11] Warhammer 40k - Underhive Settlement 1.6.1  (Read 103400 times)

Etherdrinker

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Etherdrink☼
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 34.11] Warhammer 40k - Underhive Settlement 1.5.7
« Reply #315 on: October 21, 2013, 06:08:17 pm »

I  understand it need a lot of hassle for be feasible, the underhivers are the most low tier of "humans" in this dimension. I read somewhere if you wan create a "quick" shooter like weapon, it should need more speed (correct me if I am wrong).

Actually the Necromunda part of the universe, I donīt know that much, cause I was glued to PCgames of WH40k, a reading from miniaturegame codex for those armies plus the basic manual.

Having some in mind like a pretty tunned down little ambush groups, than comes in this mod.

My ideas are:
Necrons: We all know how powerful are this race, but a underpower unit for them are logical in some points, like a dysfunction in the regenerative metal they have, malfunction-crumbled crypt. We all know about those possibilities than comes in the supplements. You canīt loot then easily because the vanishing technology they have for avoid reverse engineering their weapons. Even with a underpower moding, they can be a late game foe.

Imperial Guards: At the start I was seeing then like small force than could be summoned by a expensive way, maybe resources or maybe because you settlement please a lot the Emperor, and depends how much you are pleasing the Empire, you get better chances they help you in some raids. About Las-Weapons, talk with Mep or Putnam about if they are posible (if you donīt do it already), and depends how they looks in the practice, you can tunned it up or down or remove it. (experimentation)
Edit: Las-weapons not all the time should be like the elite ones than are in the core of Imperial Army, thy could be a less quality one, salvaged, looted from an old-old battle in that zone.

Eldars: A bit like Necron suggestion, in this case we all know they tend to appear sometimes in small groups to raid Necrons or just as scouts. Again other posible late game enemies if this mod goes more far. For sure we will have a better weaponry to fight in some equality way.

You can try ask to Putnam, or Mep probably other of many good modders that are here if some stuff are possible via, DF hack.

Sorry if I sound like is "easy" and I know is not, also, is your time. Just I want to see a mod in this kin of universe than could be big as MWDF.

EDIT: The DFhack included inside this mod, is compatible with the falconneīs plug in pack?

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 21, 2013, 08:27:43 pm »

With a little bit of work, it is. Just add

Code: [Select]
autofixhandedness start
autoSyndrome enable
itemsyndrome enable
fix/growthbug enable

to the end of dfhack.init

If you don't, some stuff won't work right.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows
DORFAMUNDA - NECROMUNDA DF MOD

Etherdrinker

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Etherdrink☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 21, 2013, 09:32:41 pm »

######################################################
# Underhive stuff, various                                                                               #
autofixhandedness start
autoSyndrome enable
itemsyndrome enable
fix/growthbug enable

Guess is ok already :3

EDIT:

Lurking the plugins I ve partially adding some keybinds from MWDF than helps a lot here too.
# Custom, Keybinds                                   #
keybinding add Ctrl-V digv
keybinding add Alt-P copystock
keybinding add Ctrl-D job-duplicate
keybinding add Ctrl-U unit-info-viewer
keybinding add Alt-A@dwarfmode/QueryBuilding/Some/Workshop/Job gui/workshop-job
keybinding add Alt-W@dwarfmode/QueryBuilding/Some/Workshop/Job gui/workflow
keybinding add Alt-W@overallstatus "gui/workflow status"
keybinding add Shift-B@pet/List/Unit "gui/autobutcher"
keybinding add Ctrl-Shift-N gui/rename
keybinding add Ctrl-Shift-T "gui/rename unit-profession"

"digv" Helps a lot in Underhive, because is for avoid the toxic veins by just pressing Control+V in mine mode, you will designate the whole vein to mine, and not just the common Square.

Also I added Mouse query using falconneīs plug in pack.

EDIT 2:
Non-critical, but Plagued Zombies have trouble breathing? I guess creatures are still WIP

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 22, 2013, 04:39:25 am »

You know what would be awesome?

This + Masterwork.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Etherdrinker

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Etherdrink☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 22, 2013, 05:48:09 am »

Would like to see a big one mod as MWDF with this universe. But will need a ton of help for do this. Mostly designing the races.

Now I need a DT version for this mod xd

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 22, 2013, 05:51:21 am »

Just for the record Etherdrinker, since you mentioned the zombies having trouble breathing, anything with lungs will still have trouble breathing if its lungs are damaged. Doesn't seem to do much but piss them off though.

Etherdrinker

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Etherdrink☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 22, 2013, 06:30:28 am »

I know, the creatures are made from various templates, body parts etc. So I just think they can be done more resistant vs attacks like for example, Golems they canīt die from bleeding.

Also, I just delete a long game than I can say was "successful", my food never runs out and potable liquids. But I get some troubles trying to define jobs. And lurking and lurking in items to make some stuff. I lobotomized a settler without know it.

The scrap stuff are pretty useful for get random stuff, was trying to make metalworks workshop, but it was asking "firesafe anvil" and I canīt find one, unless it have other name here.

How I can make stop the settlers eat poisonous spores?

I find the confusion about the barrels, I was thinking "Drums" were the musical Drum and not the "container drum", they drums can store just fine liquids inside, but they donīt store food for some reason.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 22, 2013, 06:36:43 am »

Stop growing them and forbid the others. Bitter moss and meal fungus are much better alternatives.

The anvil is disabled and by extension the metalsmith's forge. This was done for balance reasons. If you want metal items/weapons, you need a set of hand tools for the relevant shops.

If memory serves, the hiver forge, both lathes, and many other workshops require them. They can be bought in toolkits on embark and unloaded at the receiving bay or if you already have a craftsman's forge you can make them yourself from steel or possibly ferrum.

The craftsman forge requires hand tools also.

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 22, 2013, 11:28:58 am »

Honestly, cave spores are kind of vestigial at this point. Abregado and Destroid added them because in the original mod, all the food crops required processing, but civs wouldn't process them in worldgen and they would all die off. With bitter moss filling that role, they don't really have a purpose any more. I guess I could make them grow near-instantly in order to make them worth the hassle. One trick you could do is use burrows to ensure that only cooks assigned to spore leaching and a few haulers have access to the stockpile.

EDIT 2:
Non-critical, but Plagued Zombies have trouble breathing? I guess creatures are still WIP

That's intended. It's because the plague zombies you see wandering around the overworld and in caverns aren't strictly magical. They just have a disease that makes their flesh rot and makes them want to eat people. They still need their organs to live. The ones that Sorcerors of Nurgle bring along are totally magical, though.

You know what would be awesome?

This + Masterwork.

I've actually never played many mods aside from this and Kobold Camp. (And some miscellaneous stuff like one of the orc mods for the older versions.) What sort of features that are in Masterwork would you like to see in this? I'll put them on my to-do list.

Also, I've been wanting to add a water-bearing plant that can be processed in the manner of vanilla at the still so that civs get tricked into bringing barrels of water with their caravans. I'm going to give it an incredibly long growdur so as to prevent it from being farmed in Fortress Mode and, ideally, I'd like to prevent it having seeds so as to avoid cluttering up settlements and misleading players on the embark screen - will this prevent civs from using it? I'm asking just in case anyone knows, so I can avoid wasting time on testing it out.

Gonna upload an illustrated guide to industry soon for those who want their hands held. Maybe DSP will LP my mod.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 22, 2013, 12:10:38 pm »

Dunno about a water plant. The ratskins will probably be the ones to bring the stuff from it, since they seem to operate much like the elves of Vanilla. I did have something in mind though after picking through some Necromunda related stuff.

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 22, 2013, 03:04:06 pm »

The water plant is just there to trick civs into bringing in the purified water they're supposed to have anyway. The evil biome thing is a good idea, I hadn't thought of using plants like that. I'll see what I can do.

Also, I've posted a guide to industry in the OP. I hope it's illuminating.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 22, 2013, 03:15:37 pm »

I thought something to entice one to settle such areas and viciously pick over the toxic ponds and "river" edges would be good. Otherwise there's really no reason to embark there except for some slightly different things to try and kill you. Would it be wise to settle there given the various... things in these extra nasty places? Not really. Would it be profitable? If luck is on your side, hell yes!

Etherdrinker

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Etherdrink☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 22, 2013, 05:36:49 pm »

The water plant is just there to trick civs into bringing in the purified water they're supposed to have anyway. The evil biome thing is a good idea, I hadn't thought of using plants like that. I'll see what I can do.

Also, I've posted a guide to industry in the OP. I hope it's illuminating.

About the visual guide is pretty neat, thanks for the work you put in it. I am getting more and more the trick about the mod.

May I ask about the lore than explain about the unminable blocks? I assume "Dome" and "supports" are from an ancient fully construct planet that are mentioned in WH40k codexes about Hive Planets, or Forgeworlds used by the Adeptus Mechanicus?

For Evil biomes, they should have a nasty environment, like radiation (use for rad vest), Acid Rain (will make nasty damage in the living outside), river of hi toxicity waste. The Seasons should show other fun  stuff. I have plenty of ideas but first would be nice if you feel like do in it, and we can try talk in a chat or something.

All this things can create a ton of gameplay and fun. The embark spot should have a temporary "safe zone", like be surrounded by decaying defensive blocks, or some kind of spot the radiation donīt reach but the settlers should risk anyways for survive in the long term.

Of course, this biome will hold most nasty possible creatures than can resist or not resist the changes, the rewards here should be hi for be in such dangerous place. The traders should come with suits for resist coming in that place. But still they will need you have a better suitable spot for their safety.

Not sure how feasible is create an toxic air like zones or a whole map in toxic environment.

About the MW features, is like a bit the thing I add with the plug ins, plus the diversity of it. You can check the OP from the actual MW and know what is inside the game without playing than much, all is in the Manual/op.

Also Masterwork have a cool feature than is the GUI than help you to choose the gameplay you want, and let you choose in a friend user way, the race you want to play.

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 22, 2013, 06:52:04 pm »

Most of your suggestions aren't practical to implement. The radiation storms are already in, however, as are the protective suits.

Necromunda is indeed a Hive World. This mod is set in its lowest levels, called the Underhive. If you want to learn more about the setting, check out the rulebook. The fluff starts on page 59. It's a pretty cool game that not nearly enough people play.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 22, 2013, 06:56:14 pm »

Was gonna reply but Suds ninja'd me with a much simpler response. And honestly I'd like to get into it (and 40k in general,) but as they say, "Crack is Cheaper" with that hobby. Plus I'd only have one guy who'd actually be interested in playing it and we have no proper terrain or anything.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33