Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

To read or not to read, is that the question?

Yes
No
I'm just here to see what the whole deal is about
Ahh, the good old times

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 121

Author Topic: Necrothreat II - A Fort Cursed by the Gods!  (Read 447963 times)

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Necrothreat II - Teh LOLmod Succession Fort - A Fort Cursed By The Gods
« Reply #1170 on: December 02, 2013, 04:55:46 pm »

Bain and Chiad are dead, but they died the first day they were forumited so we didn't get much story for them.  I'm not sure if we have any other named/famous Maidens besides Sulin, Solon, and them?

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: December 02, 2013, 09:41:15 pm »

Bain and Chiad are dead, but they died the first day they were forumited so we didn't get much story for them.  I'm not sure if we have any other named/famous Maidens besides Sulin, Solon, and them?
Actually that works better; those are the two who are actually NAMED in that scene, though it's not those two

EDIT:
Changed it so it makes more sense
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 11:02:36 pm by highmax28 »
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: December 03, 2013, 10:09:53 am »

Yeah, I noticed the similarities.  All we need now is a forumite with a long braid to be Nynaeve al'Meara.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: December 03, 2013, 11:49:59 am »

Yeah, and mastahcheese can be Lan, riding Mandarb, his reindeer mount  :)
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: December 03, 2013, 01:05:42 pm »

He is kind of a badass in my views...

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: December 03, 2013, 01:18:51 pm »

Of course he is...Mastahcheese has tamed the wild reindeer of the north, what's not badass about that? Then, to make it even more badass, he died, was reborn with an entire reindeer cavalry and is wreaking havoc upon his enemies there. To be honest, if I ever met Mastahcheese, I would probably be killed by pure badassery.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: December 03, 2013, 01:23:24 pm »

Of course he is...Mastahcheese has tamed the wild reindeer of the north, what's not badass about that? Then, to make it even more badass, he died, was reborn with an entire reindeer cavalry and is wreaking havoc upon his enemies there. To be honest, if I ever met Mastahcheese, I would probably be killed by pure badassery.
He also can be very calm when running things. He's an obvious leader in that alone :P

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: December 03, 2013, 05:05:59 pm »

Ahh, Mastahcheese. Fearless leader until the very end and even after that. They make fun of him and his cheesemaking but he is a force to be reckoned with indeed.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: December 03, 2013, 05:26:14 pm »

Ahh, Mastahcheese. Fearless leader until the very end and even after that. They make fun of him and his cheesemaking but he is a force to be reckoned with indeed.
I need that picture that says:

Mastacheese! Why u no masta cheese making!?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: December 03, 2013, 06:58:31 pm »

What the heck, you guys? It's like reverse bad-mouthing people.

Also, here you go.
Spoiler: All of them. (click to show/hide)
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: December 03, 2013, 07:54:41 pm »

What the heck, you guys? It's like reverse bad-mouthing people.

Also, here you go.
Spoiler: All of them. (click to show/hide)
I die of laughter a little bit whenever I see that...

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: December 04, 2013, 05:55:59 am »

Gold, I tell you, pure gold.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: December 05, 2013, 01:16:53 pm »

Right! It's December. You can finally vote for Necrothreat II in the Hall of Legends. Feel free to hop on to the thread on the top of the page and cast your vote!

Necrothreat I has also been inducted into the Hall of Legends! Congratulations!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 02:26:36 pm by apiks »
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: December 05, 2013, 02:13:00 pm »

Right! It's December. You can finally vote for Necrothreat II in the Hall of Fame. Feel free to hop on to the thread on the top of the page and cast your vote!

Necrothreat I has also been inducted into the Hall of Fame! Congratulations!

Yes, it's always good when acts of pure madness gain recognition.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: December 06, 2013, 12:43:37 am »

When we reached the camp of Bain and Chiad, we finally had a decent sized force of warriors ready to fight. But deep down, I knew it was not enough. I told Mastacheese, Toady and the others to go on back to Necrothreat and await me there, and recruit any they find. They asked if I was leaving and I told them for a while. The call of the ocean was maddening, and I knew I would eventually fall prey and answer its call. I knew that something awaited me deep towards the other shores somewhere or perhaps out on the sea. But I will go, but I will not lead others to their deaths with me. This is my burden and my burden alone.

They left after I told them to hold out inside the old fort, or if the place is too treacherous, stay outside of it but far enough to not be sucked into its call. I walked the beaches for hours until I saw what I needed; a small rowboat that I could work by myself. I pushed it out to the water and hopped in, putting down my sword and grabbing the oars. I then mutter to myself, answering the call of the seas. Whoever or whatever you are, I am coming…

…How many days has it been? How many months? I’ve been at sea and I never need to eat or drink in this forsaken land for some reason. I go on without any sign of land, and hours after land disappeared from view a fog rolled in. I’ve been drifting as I slept, thought I’ve never seen a wave or had a single gust of wind. Everything was still. The sea no longer called to me, but I knew I couldn’t go back… What was I looking for? I cannot even think or remember. Days passed, and then I saw something in the distance. I rowed towards it, but it disappeared into the fog quickly. I couldn’t catch up with it.

I kept going on in its direction and that was when I saw land for the first time in a long time. I brought the rowboat ashore and pulled in onto the shore. I may be here awhile. I strapped on my sword again, and wandered inland. Whatever this place was, it was nothing like I have ever seen in my life. Glidesnarls was a long ways away, but this… This was nowhere I could recognize. I wandered for awhile until I saw signs of a small village. I headed towards it, eager to see signs of life after so long at sea. But to my dismay, I found nothing. I went to return to the shore where I landed and saw figures following me in the dense fog that still seemed to linger. They were humanoid, but appeared rather taller and bulkier then a fourmite. Humans perhaps?

I decided to instead let them follow, as I went inland instead of going back. The village was rather eerie, deserted of life and appeared as if everyone just up and left. I kept a hand on my blade in case something came out at me. But I knew I was hunted or stalked by those figures in the fog, but what did they want? Did they know I seen them? I kept on past the village, seeming to not grow weary as I marched on. I then headed towards what appeared to be an abandoned temple of sorts. I entered, thinking I could lure those figures out of the fog. I kept my blade drawn now, mostly because it was darker in here then outside. There wasn’t much here save for an altar of stone which seemed to have dried up vines covering it. The symbol wasn’t familiar at first, but I noticed a strange neck piece hanging off of the side of it. Despite how old the place looked, it shone like it was recently polished. It was a talisman in the shape of a sword with an image of a hammer in the blade. I heard rumbling as I grabbed it, and then the symbol of the altar made me regret what I did.

I just took something from an altar of a demon god.

Quickly, I tried to put it back, but the rumbling did not end. So I placed it on my neck, hoping it would give good luck, but what luck could help me now? The entrance sealed shut, barring my path. I was trapped. I then noticed that there was a rather new handwritten note that was beneath the altar, as if it fell out during the rumbling. It spoke about how the demon god was a traitor, and how Armok destroyed him for this. It also spoke of some other betrayal to Armok but it speaks as if the writer had been hiding that from Armok. It was strange but I felt as if the handwriting was familiar. I then noticed another opening off to the side. I seized my chance and dashed into it.

As I ran down the corridor, I looked at the talisman and I felt as if it belonged elsewhere. I then felt compelled to attach it to my blade, but I couldn’t while I was running. Why was I running? I didn’t need to. I slowed down and then I heard a familiar voice speak in my head. I couldn’t handle it for long back then, but I can now. I won’t let my sanity die on me… Not while I’m trapped in a demon god’s temple. I paid no heed to them as I removed the talisman and tied it to the end of my hilt. I must say it seems fitting being there.

I kept on and saw a horrifying sight; a room filled with nothing but coffers loaded with bones, with skulls and other skeletons littered the room. At the far end, a black orb pulsated, as if it was beckoning me. I walked towards it, careful of the bodies that were in the room. I stood over that damn orb, and as I gazed at it, it seemed to gaze back without a face. I dared not to touch it, but my reflexes compelled me to just touch it. Before my hand was half an inch away, it pulsated brighter and more violently. I then knew this was something that was of an even darker origin than any High Lord in existence. Was this something that they needed? Was this a source of their power? I couldn’t tell but I knew I must destroy it. I focused every ounce of magic in my body to destroy that orb. A single percent of power I used on that orb in those moments would’ve obliterated a fourmite the moment it merely touched a single essence of sweat off of his brown. But it fought back, letting loose a great scream of pain, one that nearly deafened me. I kept at it, and then after a couple seconds, I took my blade and swung down, the blade glowing a bright blue. It destroyed the orb, but the blade changed.

On the side of the hilt now bore a heron. A strange sign for sure. I then heard the place rumble again, and I rushed out of that room of death. I saw back in the main room the entrance opened up again, but there was someone in the doorway this time. He was taller then me and looked stronger, but he was a fourmite alright. “So… You destroyed it… I’m glad. That damned thing kept us from leaving this wretched place. You came here answering our calls… Come, destroyer, I will show you to my people."

I had never seen him before, but I knew I could trust him somehow. Who was this guy? And what was that orb? I pray that I never find out, but I may have to so I may escape here myself...

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 121