Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

To read or not to read, is that the question?

Yes
No
I'm just here to see what the whole deal is about
Ahh, the good old times

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 121

Author Topic: Necrothreat II - A Fort Cursed by the Gods!  (Read 446084 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: Necrothreat II - Teh LOLmod Succession Fort - A Fort Cursed By The Gods
« Reply #1125 on: November 25, 2013, 03:44:40 pm »

Maybe we could make a new character...A noble, maybe, called the Hornblower. In the description it can say he carries a horn, and then he could do a creature change from zombie to alive. Or at the very least from zombie to friend...An anti-Necrothreader as it were.

Might as well name him Mat as nobody has taken that name yet. Make him the Fort's mascot, lol!

Not quite what I meant. I meant like the dungeon master...An immigrant noble who comes after certain requirements are met. Maybe after a couple of Necrothreader sieges, I don't know. But yes, we should really call him Mat  :D

I like to believe that surviving up until now is a feat of it's own that fulfills requirements, but we most definitely must elaborate further on such a thing.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: November 25, 2013, 03:48:28 pm »

Maybe we could make a new character...A noble, maybe, called the Hornblower. In the description it can say he carries a horn, and then he could do a creature change from zombie to alive. Or at the very least from zombie to friend...An anti-Necrothreader as it were.

Might as well name him Mat as nobody has taken that name yet. Make him the Fort's mascot, lol!

Not quite what I meant. I meant like the dungeon master...An immigrant noble who comes after certain requirements are met. Maybe after a couple of Necrothreader sieges, I don't know. But yes, we should really call him Mat  :D

I like to believe that surviving up until now is a feat of it's own that fulfills requirements, but we most definitely must elaborate further on such a thing.

Yes, we must. It would hit two birds with one stone...One, it is the best idea ever. Two, It will help re-balance the ridiculously overpowered zombie hordes.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: November 25, 2013, 09:38:40 pm »

So does that make me Arthur Hawking since I'm kinda rallying and leading them? :o
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: November 26, 2013, 12:19:25 am »

Highmax Begins his Journey Through the Old Homes:
I stood up and noticed, unlike before, I don't feel so sick and hurt. I am also clothed. Perhaps my learnings of magic have aided me? I cannot think anything else. I don't feel alone at all, but I see no one. I notice also that I carry that strange blue sword at my waist, but nothing else to protect me. And here I began to ponder my objectives;

1) Find a way out of here alive
2) Kill Ur

Both at this time seem like impossible tasks. For starters, DwArfY revived me and I had to suffer immense pain before I could escape.

I must say though, the land seems as desolate and barren as before, but I'm dawdling here. I walked into the fortress and I felt a great shadow loom over me as I crossed that damned bridge. It felt as if every bone in my body was hit with an ice cold wind with needles sticking into my body. I stepped back and got away from there. I guess I'm not headed that way so soon. The sky was the same as before; a dark grey, no sun, no moon, just grey. The land now seemed to have blood patches every now and then. I walked up to one and I swept my hand through it. Most of it was years old and permanently stained the earth, but one was fresh, and it trailed off into some nearby hills. I sighed as I readied my great journey through the dark and desolate wastes of the old homes. I walked for what I thought seemed like ages, but the distance told me I walked for about twenty minutes at the most, and I saw a cave not far from the top of the hills where I stood. I went down to it, noticing the blood ran into it as well, but was slowly going away, showing the wound was either being dressed or the bleeding stopped.

As I got closer to that cave in the hills, I heard a hoarse breathing, as if something had their lungs torn out. I walked in catiously, that blue blade ready to be unsheathed at will. I walked deep enough and saw a cloaked figure shaking. I walked towards it, not caring about my own safety at this point. Whatever it was, I don't think it would harm me. It turned and stared at me with eyes of horror and shock. It was a face I was hoping never to see again so soon; Ruhn. He was shaking all over and had bloodstains all over his cloak. He shifted away from me as if I was a monster and gasped, covering his face.

"Perrin? Is that you? I... I'm so sorry about the vampire... I couldn't save you..."

He stopped shaking and inched a little closer, squinting his eyes as he looked at my face.

"Highmax? You're... You're here? No...You shouldn't have come here! Its too dangerous!"

"I've been here before... I don't think this is the afterlife, but some hell in between life and death, though I don't recall you were eve- oh... Wait..."

I realized that at some point, I accidentally resurrected his body instead of sealing the vampire away. Needless to say, his being here was MORE then my fault.

"That damned fortress... I can't take it anymore..."

He grabbed me and shook as he did.

"I cannot even kill myself here... I just die and then get resurrected feeling every inch of pain... I just ripped open my throat before I walked over here... I cannot take this place anymore!"

I heard footsteps come down from the cave enterance and I heard a voice I didn't recognize at all, and the outline of a tall and majestic fourmite. I couldn't see his face though in the darkness of the cave.

"He's succumbed to madness now. You cannot save him, child. All souls that were resurrected and brought here are condemned, whether or not their bodies are killed or not. Only magic and certain feats can set us free. You did one of these feats, with some magic in it if I recall."

"Who are you? I can't remember ever hearing your voice. And I remember much of Necrothreat and its second rising."

The majestic fourmite laughed and kept his kingly posture as he walked towards me.

"Of course you wouldn't remember me; we never met. My name is Toady One the Great. I am the firstborn of the dead fourmites. I was condemned here during the first years of Necrothreat when Apiks screwed up his aquifer plug. Then you know what happened during the fall, but my body remained underwater and half resurrected, so I was stuck here for many years. I watched ages go by, a world get destroyed and become this world, and then the rise of the second Necrothreat. I must say, I'm pleased how well it turned out despite the dangers that come at us regularly."

I dropped to my knees and bowed.

"Lord Toady One, I, Highmax, am unworthy to stand in your presence. You are a hero and god amongst fourmites. I kneel in awe of your greatness."

He laughed and pulled me to my feet.

"I got much to tell you, child. And perhaps, you may be able to save us from this Hell. Now walk with me as I tell you the true story of Ur and Armok, not the one you read as you regained your memory..."

To be continued...

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: November 26, 2013, 12:43:43 am »

What??! Toady One? Wasn't he at the head of the zombies when Necrothreat I fell?

Side note: That aquifer... oh god that aquifer. I tremble only at the thought of it.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: November 26, 2013, 11:32:37 am »

What??! Toady One? Wasn't he at the head of the zombies when Necrothreat I fell?

Side note: That aquifer... oh god that aquifer. I tremble only at the thought of it.
I'm certain he's a legend amongst fourmites, after all, were fourmites, right?

And he wasn't really leading them as much as his body was. I kinda see him as like this great figure to all fourmites, being like a god amongst them, but still maintaining the status as a mortal. Like a demigod but better. And he had a ghost there since the beginning, like before I joined, so technically, he was undead the whole time

And it had to be said with that aquifer :P

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: November 26, 2013, 11:55:56 am »

Nice story line. Sort of like a half-world for zombies...watch out, maybe the zombie yak is out there!

I do have one problem, though it doesn't really matter that much, the tenses are different in the first paragraph than the rest of the story. But, I say again, I like it!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: November 26, 2013, 12:28:35 pm »

Yes, poor Perrin.  Is Jenny here too, or is that different since a necromancer brought her back?
Bain and Chiad are probably still 100% dead?

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: November 26, 2013, 12:50:46 pm »

Yes, poor Perrin.  Is Jenny here too, or is that different since a necromancer brought her back?
You never know...

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: November 26, 2013, 03:03:13 pm »

It's more about whether the mind has managed to escape the undead scourge that is necromancy or not. So if their minds did manage to escape, then they should be there too I suppose. Some are forever trapped and some escape. We never know. That is the cursed fate of the victims of Necromancy.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: November 26, 2013, 11:26:59 pm »

It's more about whether the mind has managed to escape the undead scourge that is necromancy or not. So if their minds did manage to escape, then they should be there too I suppose. Some are forever trapped and some escape. We never know. That is the cursed fate of the victims of Necromancy.
Only Ur knows what happens tro those who die and those who are resurrected...

Highmax Learns the True Stories of Armok and Ur
I walked with Toady One as he explained to me the stories of Armok and Ur... And I think we can fix SOME things, but it may require more forumites then just me and Toady One.

Below is what he told me, and as I write this, he is speaking it to me with all that he knows with his deep well of wisdom and knowledge:

The Story of Armok, God of Blood, and Ur, the High Lord Threadromancer
Before the time before time began, there was darkness and no worlds or planes but one small island amongst the darkness. There were two brothers in this darkness, one was chaos, the other was order, and they constantly argued. One day, chaos struck order, and order spilled blood. Order then struck chaos back, spilling his blood back. They fought long and hard, struggling to show which one was greater and their blood mixed, and from it, a being was created; Armok the Blood God was born. He struck down Chaos and Order and let them become warring entities of existence. Armok then forged many planes of existence, and many worlds. He even created lesser gods, dwarves, humans and elves. He grew weary and caused the elves and dwarves to fight; the first war began when the Dwarf King slew the Elvish King in a drunken rage, and both races began to wage war. He took the blood from the fallen and grew stronger. He enjoyed this very much.

He then created something that appeased Chaos; a race so vile and dark, that its sole purpose was to kill; the goblins. And from these, he created the bastard form of the goblins, the race of Kobalds. Soon, the world began to plunge into war and chaos grew stronger. Blood was spilled daily by thousands each day from each plane of existence. Armok drank the blood like wine, and he indulged in it like a dwarf would drink booze. Thousands of ages passed, and Armok grew weary of the dwarves, elves and humans fighting goblins and kobalds. He then created a special plane of existence, and then created new races on top of the old, perhaps even mutating some of them. Here, he created the Fourmites, the hardened people who used many strange tools and weapons. Then he created an enemy for them to fight; the high lord threadromancers. The forces of Chaos and Order began to grow equal again on this plane, and chaos was great in power. But Chaos wanted to win this plane as well, and he instilled a power into the high lords, making them much stronger and more devastating. The first High Lord to receive the "blessing" of Chaos was Ur. Ur was killed before he could fully manifest his power, but when Necrothreat fell, everything in the world fell apart. All bonds were broken, the line between dead and alive blurred, and Chaos had succeeded in his ordeal. But then order did something; he made Armok weep for the fourmites, and he reforged the new world, where Necrothreat II lies, overtop the old world, where we stand now. Ur in the overworld, as it is known as, has created a thin veil between him and the other lesser Threadromancers, and his power is he always taints them, forcing to do his will. They all follow him and say he is a god, but in truth, when the lines between life and death blurred, Ur was resurrected as a half dead, half living abomination; a resurrected High Lord. Weaker in body but much greater in his magical prowess, he tainted the land and made it his place of solitude where the souls of the undead roam as he controls them. Very few make it out, and those that do are never the same.

I asked Toady One if it was possible to return to the overworld if they dug deep enough, and he hit me, saying that we should never dig too deep. I then stood up, and I asked him where Ur dwelled. He told me he would show me the way, but he will not let me try and fight Ur, and he will chain me if need be. I told him just to show me and I will plan. We walked north, where the land began to freeze, and we kept on for days upon days until we were about four miles away from the biggest necromancer tower I have ever seen in my life. Lightning struck the air around it, and a cloud swirled around it as if a storm blew about. I never knew what it was like to feel truly afraid until now... And as much as I tried to be firm, I could not stop shaking. Toady then said he sits on his throne at the top of the tower, ruling over abominations that were much more grotesque and dark then what we ever seen.

But I knew I had to get in there. And to do so, I needed the largest army ever assembled... And the souls of the damned may just do the trick...

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: November 28, 2013, 02:16:21 pm »

The Fall of Highmax

The blood was red as evening fell,
It dripped from blade so blue
That sky was caught as it was swung
By Highmax brave and true

The zombies came in endless hordes;
They stretched from sun to moon.
As Necrothreaders drove them on
They danced to Fain’s fell tune.

From Necrothreat he came in haste,
The wind was in his hair;
He charged through gates and over walls
To enter zombies’ lair

His blade he swung to zombies’ howl
And limb was hewn from limb.
His rage was great and terrible,
His anger turned all dim

So on he went and on he killed,
The dead lay at his feet
Before they rose again to find
Their heads cut off like wheat

And as he fought against the night
A gleam came to his eye
And strong the strokes which pushed them back
From he who must soon die

Alas for Highmax the Swordsman!
We came but hours too late
To find his mind was caught by Fain;
His death was damned by fate

He wanders now in Necrothreat,
No thoughts are in his head,
And all who meet him quake in fear
To see Highmax un-dead

Oh Highmax! On he flying went
To borders wreathed in fear.
His rotting body he fled from
To land of shadowed mere

He faces gods, un-dead and Ur
To drive away the dark.
His blade again is sounding death
With sapphire-coloured spark

His strength is used to shelter men,
His sword upholds the weak;
With valour he fights to the end
To find that which we seek.

But still we hear his mighty voice,
It booms across the halls,
And soon the hero will return
To walk between our walls
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: November 28, 2013, 02:58:20 pm »

DwArfY... you are killing me with awesomness.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: November 28, 2013, 04:33:52 pm »

I swear; DwArfY might very well become the next Tolkien... I didn't say Jordan because the lack of songs/poems so far from what I read

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: November 28, 2013, 04:59:31 pm »

Huh, thanks. No one is better or as good as Tolkien though, but even to be compared in some small way is a compliment indeed.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 121