Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 188

Author Topic: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)  (Read 182650 times)

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)
« Reply #360 on: January 03, 2013, 01:12:17 am »

Welp, Celestia's laid down her hand. I wonder how long these actions will knock her out for?

If raising the sun was 20 energy, I'd expect powering some kilns and streetlights to be pretty cheap. Most of the rest is just sitting around talking to people through my avatar.

How does the sun incinerate an incorporate being??

It probably doesn't. But I'm guessing it will work rather well against armies and minions.

Why you so cleanly? What if a disease was more likely to spread in
your bathhouses?Why warn people of diseased rats?

Sometimes mundane solutions are easier than magical solutions.

...You can't make glass as durable as steel.

Google is hard.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29738048/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/lightweight-metallic-glass-strong-steel/
http://newscenter.lbl.gov/news-releases/2011/01/10/new-glass-tops-steel/
http://www.technologyreview.com/news/422345/glass-thats-stronger-than-steel/
Oh, so you're an alchemist now right? Changing silica dioxide into titanium and zirconium with a complex structure just by heating it! Wowee, you gonna teach some science to the humans about how to multiply fish and loaves next? Also, technically that's still not a glass, it has a crystal structure. SCIENCE BITCH.
Also, I'm still the only good god. You're just forcing humans into worshipping you under threat of incineration through the use of magical light through out the city. None of the inhabitants are safe there, we gods must band together and eradicate this evil dictator.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 01:16:09 am by Jbg97 »
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 03, 2013, 01:15:00 am »

Welp, Celestia's laid down her hand. I wonder how long these actions will knock her out for?

If raising the sun was 20 energy, I'd expect powering some kilns and streetlights to be pretty cheap. Most of the rest is just sitting around talking to people through my avatar.

It probably doesn't. But I'm guessing it will work rather well against armies and minions.

Google is hard.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29738048/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/lightweight-metallic-glass-strong-steel/
Oh, so you're an alchemist now right? Changing silica dioxide into titanium and zirconium with a complex structure just by heating it! Wowee, you gonna teach some science to the humans about how to multiply fish and loaves next?
He is a god, he can probably teach them how to do that with magic kilns or something. Also you are kinda acting like a asshole right now. Its just a game man and your kinda flipping out.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 03, 2013, 01:15:18 am »

Is the devil of wealth welcome? I promise not to set your city on fire...not that I exist yet...
Is the devil of disease, death, and trickery welcome?
I promise not to kill anyone....
[/trollface]
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 01:16:51 am by javierpwn »

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 03, 2013, 01:17:58 am »

Google is hard.

Oh, so you're an alchemist now right? Changing silica dioxide into titanium and zirconium with a complex structure just by heating it! Wowee, you gonna teach some science to the humans about how to multiply fish and loaves next?
He is a god, he can probably teach them how to do that with magic kilns or something. Also you are kinda acting like a asshole right now. Its just a game man and your kinda flipping out.
No, I'm not flipping out. I'm just pointing out all the bullshit in his "peaceful" dictatorship over the humans.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 03, 2013, 01:19:18 am »

...You can't make glass as durable as steel. The fact that it has an amorphous structure prevents glass from having and durability whatsoever. Also, you give the god of fear a hug for scaring everyone shitless, but I, the only good god in this game who does things solely for the benefit of mankind, and dwarfkind get an angry glare.
Glass is actually very strong, it's just fine glass is so pure it becomes weak and light, and whenever force is exerted on glass, it reverts to a semi-liquid state
Raw glass is strong and heavy

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 03, 2013, 01:22:27 am »

To be fair, if I can say something about this whole thing

Its still a verrrrry early technological age. If glass is going to be produced, its not going to be good glass, or something along those lines.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 03, 2013, 01:25:54 am »

To be fair, if I can say something about this whole thing

Its still a verrrrry early technological age. If glass is going to be produced, its not going to be good glass, or something along those lines.
your right, as early glass was heavy, not as clear, and impurer than it is today
Not to mention expensive as hell to produce, and was expensive to buy

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 03, 2013, 01:28:34 am »

I'm going to invent inflation. That's my contribution.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 03, 2013, 01:30:11 am »

oh my fish costed two loaves of bread yesterday, the fish weren't biting, so imma charge you 7loaves

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 03, 2013, 01:31:15 am »

Pufferfish has made an interesting decision. Really, if any of you want to attack the city, fighting with him might be a good idea.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 03, 2013, 01:33:07 am »

You monster.

Well done! You manage to make the world nearly unbearable to live in (You know even with all of the disease and stuff already, but still, you're doing great! And at the same time, you're gaining in power.)

Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 03, 2013, 01:38:55 am »

Hey, when i get enough worship, I'm gonna replace the sun with something... more befitting of such a violent planet. And it's gonna make all the humans happy to boot!

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 03, 2013, 01:39:13 am »

Pufferfish has made an interesting decision. Really, if any of you want to attack the city, fighting with him might be a good idea.
im not gonna get involved in any conflicts for a while.... Don't want GWG and his morales hunting me,my carriers, and my worshippers down

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 03, 2013, 02:20:32 am »

My other gift to mortals. Banks. Mahahahahaha.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 03, 2013, 02:22:37 am »

My other gift to mortals. Banks. Mahahahahaha.
The God of Madness gives you: HIGH INTEREST RATES
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 188