Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 777628 times)

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Invasion of the Body Snatchers! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2013, 06:48:17 am »

If, for some reason, Murdermachines dies quicker than Deathgate (which lasted 19 months by the way), then we'll settle Deathgate III into an evil, savage biome with voidspawn access and evil rain.

So, if we fail faster here, we throw ourselves upon our own swords in the manner of the ancient samurai and restart somewhere where we're even less likely to survive?
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2013, 11:01:54 am »

If, for some reason, Murdermachines dies quicker than Deathgate (which lasted 19 months by the way), then we'll settle Deathgate III into an evil, savage biome with voidspawn access and evil rain.

So, if we fail faster here, we throw ourselves upon our own swords in the manner of the ancient samurai and restart somewhere where we're even less likely to survive?

But of course. What else we could possibly do?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2013, 01:08:22 pm »

Such is the way of Deathgate!

Updating coming later today!
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2013, 01:22:53 pm »

But of course. What else we could possibly do?
1.Give the voidspawn flippers + Mod the game so you can embark in the middle of the ocean.
2.Watch your dwarves die. !!FUN!!
3.Enjoy

EDIT: Some questions about the voidspawn. Are they supposed to look insectoid because of the ant/bee like caste system? Are they laying eggs?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 01:37:49 pm by Yuli Vlasi »
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2013, 02:35:34 pm »

EDIT: Some questions about the voidspawn. Are they supposed to look insectoid because of the ant/bee like caste system? Are they laying eggs?

With the exception of thralls, which are not voidspawn proper, voidspawn reproduce by laying clutches of eggs and have insect like carapieces.
You can imagine them sorta like Xenomorphs from Aliens, Tyranids from 40k, or Cho'gath from League of Legends.

Overlords and Patriarch's have four arms, a prehensile tail, four  eyes, and two horns.
Soldiers, plaguebringers, and drones have two arms and two eyes.
They have no skin or hair, use a thick shell carapiece for skin, and use a special type of muscle that doesn't bleed very much and heals very fast.
All castes have sharp claws and teeth.

My implementation of the voidspawn wasn't perfect.  Their genders are a bit wonky and they're too small.  But they are deadly.  My only concern is they don't have the shear numbers they're suppose to.  (They're suppose to out breed every sentient race in the game, but that rarely happens.)

It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Nonsequitorian

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs alcohol to get through the day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2013, 03:05:57 pm »

I hope they aren't intelligent enough to make real weapons or such. I think it's a bit silly when there's some sort of "God race" that's better in almost every way, including intellect, and yet still occupies the same realm as any other sentient race.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2013, 03:47:13 pm »

Felsite 25th, 251
Feb and Aban finally finished the farms.  We have four fields, so I've ordered plump helmets, cave wheat, pig tails, dimple cups, and quarry bushes planted in seasonal rotations.
Digging on the beacon continues.  I'm impatient since my brothers cannot join me until it is finished.
Stukos is growing bored and has been whittling stone crafts to pass the time.  I order him to construct mechanisms to trade and to secure our entrance.

Hematite 11th, 251
Bomrek and Likot seem to have gone on summer vacation instead of digging the beacon.  Do they not realize how much work is to be done?

Hemtatite 17th, 251
I finally have my own office again.  And it seems, just like as in Deathgate, I'm stuck taking inventory in the common room.

Malachite 1st, 251
Migrants have arrived!  This means when the beacon is complete, I shall have more bodies for my brothers.
There are five in this batch.  Besmar, a woodcutter; Erush, a cook; Kel, a bonecarver; Logem, an animal caretaker; and Sibrek, a weaver.
Amongst them, Kel, Logem, and Sibrek are marksdwarves, Besmar and axedwarf, and Erush is a macedwarf.
Seeing as how they have nothing better to do, I've ordered Besmar and Vutok to begin training.
For once, Vutok didn't complain.  Probably because I made him the militia commander.

Galena 14th, 251
In anticipation of the coming supply caravan, I've ordered a trade depot built.
The final level of the beacon has been excavated.  A little more work and it'll be completed.
The excitement is palpable.

Galena 27th, 251
A litter of kittens was born today, the first in Murdermachines.
I've ordered the trio of adorable kittens butchered.  I will not have a repeat of Deathgate.

Limestone 2nd, 251
The beacon is complete.

Despite working on it for months, Bomrek and Likot know nothing of its intended purpose.  They are unsure of what the eldritch symbols mean, nor the importance of the geometric shapes.  But no matter, soon my brothers will take their bodies as their own.

Limestone 3rd, 251
My brothers have been reborn.
noodle0117 has taken the body of Stukos.
Derm has possessed Vutok.  He now calls himself "The Fearbringer".  Perhaps he was in the void a little too long...
Prosnorkulus has taken over Besmar
Ulborb, calling himself the Stonemurderer, has taken over Bomrek.
Jables takes the body of Likot and calls himself the Stoneman.
Krosan takes the body of Sibrek.
Raptor possesed the body of Kel.
The body of Aban is taking by Atomic Avacado
Saint takes the body of Logem.

With that, only Feb and Erush remained as themselves.  Feb is too busy to notice the change in the others.  Erush barely knew anyone else.

Limestone 4th, 251
noodle0117 and I converse for the first time in what may be eons.  He was the second overseer of Deathgate, and our most gifted mechanic.  He also had the misfortune of having to reincarnate about half a dozen times.  Quite tragic.
Still, this many bodies is not enough.  Dozens of my brethren remain in the abyss.  The beacon is complete, my brothers can arrive.  Now it is time to make Murdermachines grow.

(OOC)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 03:52:28 pm by AnimaRytak »

Teh_Idort

• Bay Watcher
  • Oi u gobber.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2013, 03:55:10 pm »

Hell, I'd love a dorf on this.

Name him "Dortimus" And make him a disgruntled soldier, stuck doing menial tasks such as leatherworks.

Speaking of, Do voidspawn drop skins to make leather? Or any other resource that we're able to use to equip Murdermachines?
Treatment status: Success.
Patient status: Deceased.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2013, 04:00:10 pm »

Hell, I'd love a dorf on this.

Name him "Dortimus" And make him a disgruntled soldier, stuck doing menial tasks such as leatherworks.

Speaking of, Do voidspawn drop skins to make leather? Or any other resource that we're able to use to equip Murdermachines?

They should qualify as sentient (they have their own civilization and such) unless I've made a mistake somewhere. 
So they won't be butcherable.
They can craft weapons though.  But I honestly can't say what level of metal they'll use.  I believe they can use iron and bronze, perhaps even steel.  But I cannot say if that works as intended or not.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2013, 04:22:59 pm »

My name is Fearbreaker.

Looks good otherwise. I'd write a journal but my computer is borked and this one is completely terrible.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2013, 04:26:30 pm »

I'd like to be dwarfed.

Name:Kalver Verin
Job Name:Bladesman
Profession:Swordsdwarf
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 04:32:32 pm by OREOSOME »
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2013, 04:38:47 pm »

My name is Fearbreaker.

Looks good otherwise. I'd write a journal but my computer is borked and this one is completely terrible.

I was hoping you'd prefer Fearbringer.
With the whole demonic dwarves coming from the abyss to steal the bodies of other dwarves, Fearbreaker seems a little to noble for a body thief.  But I can change it if your set on the name.

Speaking of body theives, the name of our dwarven group is "Bodythief the Void-wraith"

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2013, 04:42:17 pm »

Oh, no I thought it was okay, I just wasn't sure if it was intentional or not.

Carry on.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2013, 04:49:00 pm »

so Deathgate meets Spearbreakers?
How would that even work?
"Deathgate unleashes hell!"
"Spearbreakers is unfazed, unleashes mugs"
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2013, 05:22:58 pm »

IT RETURNS

I'd like any mechanic. Flame, preferably male.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 272