Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3735788 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Don't Be a Hero.
« Reply #2430 on: March 30, 2013, 09:26:43 pm »

Oh.
So it is!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Nothing satisfies—Attain liberation with vigilance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: March 30, 2013, 09:38:21 pm »

Oh.
So it is!
>Wait five turns.
>Problem solved.

Also, I gots me a sigtext now!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 09:40:44 pm by CyberUrist »
Slog looks overjoyed at this revelation.
Slog is a barrel of endless dopamine.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: March 30, 2013, 09:45:14 pm »

Also, I gots me a sigtext now!
You make me the sad.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: March 30, 2013, 10:41:36 pm »

Scanner Issue: Don't drop it. You really want to let go of something that could provide information we would have to find via trial and error away? Something that only costs an inventory space, that uses no other resource beyond that and time? I disagree with this greatly. Remember when we were worried about whether or not we could actually hurt Polaris with his own sword? That would of helped out a lot then.

Slog Issues: Grab 'dem spells if we can, skedaddle back to the shops before he turns back else we'll have to leave stuff in the dungeon. That is random. Which changes. Yep, we'll lose some stuff if we leave it, chances are. Or maybe not, concerning we know the layout will change, this has been referenced many times, but we've personally never seen it do thus. Perhaps it only changes when we leave the level? Signs point to yes.

Oric Issues: Mention name consistency, question what is even going on, don't follow. Following him is a no-no, don't want to piss off the end boss right away. Such things would go rather badly, honestly. That, and we could run into a room full of enemies, which will blissfully ignore him while going to chomp at us, which is bad for the "don't have Slog turn into a ticking time-pinata of our stuff" issues.

I do wonder how long a round/turn is outside of combat. Is it a single scene outside of combat?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: March 30, 2013, 10:47:18 pm »

I agree with everything Xanmyral said. Especially on the scanner. That could be EXTREMELY useful later on.

Slog... I can't find any way to add onto that suggestion.

On Oric, do everything Xan said, but I suggest we also ask what is with the fountains. May as well see if we can find out why we are supposed to murder Riltia.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: March 30, 2013, 11:41:50 pm »

"Hey, did you ever notice that your name is mine spelled backwards?"
Say this. Also congratulate GM on swift update speed.

Follow Oric.

(???: 13+10 Awesomeness) You try to follow Oric, but something smacks you in the butt. Within moments, you're airborne.

Riltia runs over to you. At least you're alive.

No.

Drop the giant sword and take the Heal us and...something else in Slog's inventory.
Okay well in that case...

Drop giant sword, reabsorb clot cutter, Take Healus, Increase, and one of the money types.

Then, we track back to the shop, dragging the giant sword with us, and we sell that sword, probably also the scanner (Scan sounds nice but I don't see the use for it?)
Scanner Issue: Don't drop it. You really want to let go of something that could provide information we would have to find via trial and error away? Something that only costs an inventory space, that uses no other resource beyond that and time? I disagree with this greatly. Remember when we were worried about whether or not we could actually hurt Polaris with his own sword? That would of helped out a lot then.

Slog Issues: Grab 'dem spells if we can, skedaddle back to the shops before he turns back else we'll have to leave stuff in the dungeon. That is random. Which changes. Yep, we'll lose some stuff if we leave it, chances are. Or maybe not, concerning we know the layout will change, this has been referenced many times, but we've personally never seen it do thus. Perhaps it only changes when we leave the level? Signs point to yes.

Slog is confused and has no idea what you want him to do/drop/grab, especially since your inventory is full and you're spending time chasing some dude instead. However, just to be considerate, he drops all the loot he was carrying as he de-transforms: the scanner and both types of money. What a good mercenary Slog is!

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: March 30, 2013, 11:49:41 pm »

Hmm... is it bad I would respond to the "What do you do when you get out of the cell" question with "Buy pizza"?

Also, Oric's soul star, I think, is white, because of the triangles coming out of his hand when he cast that spell.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 11:51:58 pm by CyberUrist »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: March 31, 2013, 12:36:07 am »

Well... Damn. ... Well. Oric is in permenant Oversoul, I think, judging by the symbols that appear when he did the magic that made us fall down. We had those exact same symbols when we did stuff while in over soul. Also, all the souls have those arrows around them, yeah? They correspond into a triangle since half are one shade, half are another shade following this pattern.

That, and we have that symbol on our chest as well, although it has other stuff too. Wish I could get a good look at the design on his shirt. Looks like... A radio tower? A tree?

Ciro: Absorb dagger, pick up scanner.

Slog: Grab money again.

Group: Head to save point/merchant area, all inventory slots are full so we gotta shuffle some things around. Again.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: March 31, 2013, 12:38:45 am »

That, and we have that symbol on our chest as well, although it has other stuff too. Wish I could get a good look at the design on his shirt. Looks like... A radio tower? A tree?

From what I can tell, it kinda looks like an angel. Or a cross.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Or Oric just likes fashion.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: March 31, 2013, 12:40:19 am »

...Wait, duh, I'm stupid. Its a T. Oric is the thief.

EDIT: Hm. Disregard that, the other siblings don't have a perchance for wearing their symbols, so it looking like a T doesn't mean anything, probably.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 12:52:10 am by Xanmyral »

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: March 31, 2013, 03:46:00 am »

Anyone wondering who the other girl is? the voice?
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Brawler Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • -1 Rodent Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: March 31, 2013, 10:25:25 am »

Good job slog!

Oric seems like a pretty okay guy, all considered. Maybe he's not the villian but our key to leaving the cycle?

Also, the currencies had the same menu right? Can't we stack them?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 10:27:17 am by Brawler Mouse »
Dendritic.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: March 31, 2013, 10:48:39 am »

Well... Damn. ... Well. Oric is in permenant Oversoul, I think, judging by the symbols that appear when he did the magic that made us fall down. We had those exact same symbols when we did stuff while in over soul. Also, all the souls have those arrows around them, yeah? They correspond into a triangle since half are one shade, half are another shade following this pattern.

Ciro: Absorb dagger, pick up scanner.

Slog: Grab money again.

Group: Head to save point/merchant area, all inventory slots are full so we gotta shuffle some things around. Again.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: March 31, 2013, 11:47:28 am »

Good job slog!
For what, again? Not giving us the spells or dropping all our loot?

Oric seems like a pretty okay guy, all considered. Maybe he's not the villian but our key to leaving the cycle?
Maybe he's just a nice villain.

Also, the currencies had the same menu right? Can't we stack them?
Not in the past, no.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 1544