Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 561 562 [563] 564 565 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3695680 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Underwater segments now in 3D!
« Reply #8430 on: August 17, 2013, 01:29:01 pm »

we are still underground
Are we. Please provide source.

Besides, I didn't say the greens were outdoors, just suggested that they might have weather. Magical weather perhaps, but still weather.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8431 on: August 17, 2013, 01:31:31 pm »

We keep going down, don't we?

If we're not undeground, the Underside is definitely under DL 1 and bits of 2. Those all appeared to be opaque to me, didn't they to you?

"Under an opaque coating of stuff" is close enough to "Underground" for me to use the more concise term.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8432 on: August 17, 2013, 01:34:28 pm »

new theory: z-levels are a lie, it's just our viewpoint shifting to make us look like we're going down but instead we're going east/west all the time to reach a new "level" of the dungeon. we're essentially in a big maze with oric's personal boss area sitting right in front of the exit

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8433 on: August 17, 2013, 01:35:24 pm »

Do you have any proof?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8434 on: August 17, 2013, 01:37:01 pm »

If we're not undeground, the Underside is definitely under DL 1 and bits of 2. Those all appeared to be opaque to me, didn't they to you?

"Under an opaque coating of stuff" is close enough to "Underground" for me to use the more concise term.
Going down from the top of a building is still down.

Leaving the compound placed us into some sort of non existent place, where we met Betweenford. Angles and shapes don't match. We can move ladders, and they still work.
I don't think the ladders are down, actually, they serve more like portals. Highly doubt that if we were to dig a hole, we'd end up in DL 4. The dungeons levels aren't stacked upon oneother, not in the traditional sense anyway.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8435 on: August 17, 2013, 01:37:30 pm »

if we actually went down, the pits would end. the pits did not end (we'd hear something from that coin vendor we dropped in if they did), and there are no pits in the same area we previously saw the pits, meaning they end somewhere. pull up the map references by yourself.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8436 on: August 17, 2013, 01:41:12 pm »

Tell me, in the 14th floor of a 15-story building, how much sunlight is there? (Ignore windows, there are no windows leading out of the Underside.)

Leaving the compound placed us into some sort of non existent place, where we met Betweenford. Angles and shapes don't match. We can move ladders, and they still work.
I don't think the ladders are down, actually, they serve more like portals. Highly doubt that if we were to dig a hole, we'd end up in DL 4. The dungeons levels aren't stacked upon oneother, not in the traditional sense anyway.
Just because some ladders lead through portals doesn't mean that portals connect all zones. Exhibit A: Explain the Underside. Where and why were the portals that lead us from DL1 to Underside, or from there to DL2 and back?
Sig

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8437 on: August 17, 2013, 01:45:41 pm »

Tell me, in the 14th floor of a 15-story building, how much sunlight is there? (Ignore windows, there are no windows leading out of the Underside.)
Rain still falls on the top floor though.

Where were the portals that transported us when we moved the ladder. You don't see the things. Not all portals have nice visual effects. Especially when you don't want people noticing them.

Besides, there were portals. Proxies ladder system is repeatedly shown to connect to different rooms, both to the underside and DL 2. Really, the space simply doesn't match, as shown with the infinitively deep pits. Try fitting the dungeon levels together in a realistic sense. It won't work.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8438 on: August 17, 2013, 01:54:21 pm »

Rain still falls on the top floor though.
Do you need storm sewers for the 14th?

Where were the portals that transported us when we moved the ladder. You don't see the things. Not all portals have nice visual effects. Especially when you don't want people noticing them.
And yet, the portals exist, and were constructed,

Besides, there were portals. Proxies ladder system is repeatedly shown to connect to different rooms, both to the underside and DL 2. Really, the space simply doesn't match, as shown with the infinitively deep pits. Try fitting the dungeon levels together in a realistic sense. It won't work.
I never claimed that there weren't portals, merely that the dungeon wasn't all portals. This isn't Aperture (and for that matter even they had their entire facility connected by non-portals).
Sig

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8439 on: August 17, 2013, 03:24:23 pm »

Underside was just a series of vents that connect different parts of the Warrens to the Others. Not truly part of the Warrens, but part of it's infrastructure. Being infrastructure, probably has a definite top/bottom.
The DL's are probably located at random points of the vents; only connected via vents/portals(possibly even teleporting to increase randomness) Meaning it would be impossible to know which one is at the top/bottom. SubDL's are most likely older parts of the dungeon, which have been repurposed into infrastructure.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8440 on: August 17, 2013, 03:27:20 pm »

Swim east.
Wait, we're already at the rightmost tile of the dungeon map... what the hell is East of here?

Eastward ho!
If we move to some place, I vote East!
East

You discover some Young Hellyfish. There also seems to be a door further east. It looks very sturdy.

You have a bad gut feeling about what lies beyond the door.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8441 on: August 17, 2013, 03:30:16 pm »

It's probably the feeling of a lot of now-flowing water suddenly hurtling us offscreen if we open it up.

Go back up for air, tell our companions what we've seen and where we're going, then head to the west!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 03:48:01 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8442 on: August 17, 2013, 03:40:29 pm »

Underside was just a series of vents that connect different parts of the Warrens to the Others. Not truly part of the Warrens, but part of it's infrastructure. Being infrastructure, probably has a definite top/bottom.
The DL's are probably located at random points of the vents; only connected via vents/portals(possibly even teleporting to increase randomness) Meaning it would be impossible to know which one is at the top/bottom. SubDL's are most likely older parts of the dungeon, which have been repurposed into infrastructure.
If that's the case, why are there people in the Underside? And, for that matter, where is everything?
Sig

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8443 on: August 17, 2013, 03:45:44 pm »

If that's the case, why are there people in the Underside? And, for that matter, where is everything?
1:Proxxy has a heart and decides to throw intruders into the vent system rather then purging them from the system.
2:Everything is located among the vent systems. How else would the randomly teleporting DungeonLevels get any oxygen? Or simply floating around in empty Voidstuff.

what Derm said

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8444 on: August 17, 2013, 03:51:55 pm »

1:Proxxy has a heart and decides to throw intruders into the vent system rather then purging them from the system.
2:Everything is located among the vent systems. How else would the randomly teleporting DungeonLevels get any oxygen? Or simply floating around in empty Voidstuff.
Well, this brings up another few questions:
1. Why do the life-support systems of the Warrens include enough room for people to live in?
2. Where did the materials that the Undersiders turn into coins, items, buildings, etc come from?
3. Why are there people in the Warrens? Other than the minions of the Siblings, I mean.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 561 562 [563] 564 565 ... 1544