Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 54

Author Topic: SMAC MP Game: Turn 100! Partial Map Inside  (Read 40362 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SMAC MP Game: Turn 1!
« Reply #330 on: April 18, 2013, 07:37:45 pm »

Kiera looked out over the new landscape. "A perfect location, Brother Quellin. Your scouts served us well. But let us not grow too proud with our achievement here - though this marks the beginning of our expansion across Planet, though this marks our growth as a people and the promise of holding our faith, and though our brethren at the University have proven erstwhile allies with the transfer of their new technology, we can not become complacent. I am sure Planet has more surprises in store for us, and we must use the opportunity afforded us here to the best of our ability. To that end, I Christen this city, Humility. It's existence comes at the grace of our Lord, and we must not let ourselves become prideful or allow sloth to overtake us."

Quellin nodded. "The settlers are industrious, Sister. They will not disappoint. And already we push towards the Elysian Plains, with our eyes ever on the frontier. You have no need to worry over the Dawnseekers growing complacent." He laughed, a bit. "And with that, I must be off. We've gotten promising reports on the western front I must see to. May you always chase the Dawn, Sister, and may it's light always bless your path."

----

Meanwhile, some distance away. "What do you mean, they've taken it all?" screamed Brother Luke at his cowering underling. "We were close! We could have unlocked it's secrets!" The disciple cowered.

"It's the new Former project, sir. The Lady has committed all our resources to it, she's recycling half the city in pursuit of it, and has cut off funding to almost every other project. There's just nowhere for the credits to come from, sir - she's watching it all personally, to make sure production completes on time."

Luke frowned. He didn't like this at all. Something was coming - he could feel it in his bones - and Sister Kiera's dedication to turning this planet into some kind of New Eden was going to be no protection against it. No, something had to change.

"Consider this project on hold, then. I will personally fund a smaller project, but one that might be vitally important to our security. After your failure here, do not expect to be involved."

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 18, 2013, 10:02:28 pm »

University, why would you give the Believers tech? Whyyy?
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 19, 2013, 05:48:42 am »

"It's the new Former project, sir. The Lady has committed all our resources to it, she's recycling half the city in pursuit of it, and has cut off funding to almost every other project. There's just nowhere for the credits to come from, sir - she's watching it all personally, to make sure production completes on time."

formersnextturninternethighfive?

i thought at first you were implying an artifact spend, but i doubt you've got a node up already... selling your Rec Commons, Kiera? Your people will not be happy...

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 19, 2013, 09:08:47 am »

University, why would you give the Believers tech? Whyyy?

Imagine you found yourself next to me, I had three cities, 4 rovers and 4 scouts right on your boarder. Would you prefer I be working on my new laser units, or building formers? :P Plus, they are my GOOD FRIENDS.

formersnextturninternethighfive?
i thought at first you were implying an artifact spend, but i doubt you've got a node up already... selling your Rec Commons, Kiera? Your people will not be happy...
I was only a few turns away from my network node and artifact hookup, but decided the formers were more valuable so switched over to produce on of them immediately instead.

2 more turns until city #4! ^_^

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #334 on: April 21, 2013, 12:11:12 pm »

Where is ebbor?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 21, 2013, 01:15:43 pm »

The CEO gazed out across the plains of planetfall as the next tracked convoy of minerals pulled into Morgan Industries. Deep within the complex, gigantic new terraforming machines were slowly taking form.

As the last of the mineral-bearing behemoths rolled in, and the outer doors began their descent, his COO reported.

'Morgan, construction across the colonies is going well. Every one of our cities is producing the new machines. Work should be done in a matter of years.'

'Years?' Morgan questioned 'We don't have years. Progress must not be stopped, we must increase all our outputs. Utilise every means necessary to get them out!'

And, the next year, the machines now styled 'Formers' rolled out from every base, to tame the planet for the benefit of all mankind. Editor's note: but mainly the Morganites. Because we're the best.

Morgan Archives, On Industry, 2119, Part 4, Chapter 3, excerpt.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 21, 2013, 02:22:34 pm »

Twig, how many cities are you at now? 4?

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 21, 2013, 02:37:45 pm »

4th one next turn, yes.

edit: i feel like im giving away trade secrets here. :< ah well
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 02:39:29 pm by Twiggie »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 21, 2013, 02:42:27 pm »

Where is ebbor?
My turn?

Oh, dammit. Evil spamfolder strikes again. Will try to get it done soon.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SMAC MP Game: Turn 19!
« Reply #339 on: April 22, 2013, 03:21:45 pm »

ebborrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 22, 2013, 03:34:35 pm »

At the current rate, a 300-turn game will take three years.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 22, 2013, 04:10:31 pm »

ebborrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr?
What?

At the point of you writing that message the turn should've been on it's way through the interwebs.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 22, 2013, 07:20:18 pm »

Then you should mark it in the turn counter :P

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 25, 2013, 05:10:56 am »

FOCKING WORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRMS

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 26, 2013, 02:39:40 pm »

I've opened seven pods.

Every one of them was a monolith.

Hey, at least they weren't worm-infested. But given that we haven't actually found any actual pods, I'm sure my people must think that the ENTIRE spaceship vaporized in orbit.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 54