Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 564 565 [566] 567 568 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 846893 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread.
« Reply #8475 on: June 15, 2013, 10:08:55 pm »

Dammit man, stop spoiling my plans! Now it'll never work!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8476 on: June 15, 2013, 10:09:11 pm »

ANYONE ON THE SERENE'S FOREST FORUM THAT CAN SEE THIS:

WHATEVER YOU DO, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ENGAGE OR ANGER PRIXIMA KESSELRING

SHE HAS ALL THE STATS

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8477 on: June 15, 2013, 10:11:50 pm »

Yeah, while the idea is amusing, I gotta throw my chips in with Serious. PvP can be good, but only if handled well by both the players and the GM, as it has the potential to leave a lot of people frustrated, hurt, and overall just wishing it never happened. Besides, their game is a Gaiden, it probably won't interact with ours beyond a mention or two at most, and vice-versa. Friendly pokes is all good and fun, but they have their limit, and not everyone would be happy with a PvP type thing.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8478 on: June 15, 2013, 10:14:32 pm »

Man, that looks like helping. Why aren't we engaging in kindergarten level spitefulness?

Yeah, while the idea is amusing, I gotta throw my chips in with Serious. PvP can be good, but only if handled well by both the players and the GM, as it has the potential to leave a lot of people frustrated, hurt, and overall just wishing it never happened. Besides, their game is a Gaiden, it probably won't interact with ours beyond a mention or two at most, and vice-versa. Friendly pokes is all good and fun, but they have their limit, and not everyone would be happy with a PvP type thing.

I'd have fun, but only because I tend to be a one man murder ball, and I'm fairly certain we'd have the first move.

Plus, Charlotte is kind of a walking Ballistae. Seriously, she's able to pierce the enemies ears before they can even see her.

Being on the receiving end of a tpk wouldn't be so great.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8479 on: June 15, 2013, 10:15:38 pm »

I'll stop mentioning PVP before I get lynched then. I've never experienced anything of the sort, so I thought it would be interesting at least.
I need to put something interesting here.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #8480 on: June 15, 2013, 10:16:08 pm »

If we PvPed, I'm unsure they could kill me.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8481 on: June 15, 2013, 10:17:13 pm »

Nah I'm with Serious on PVP, too. No one wants that in a game like this. I just take a troll-esque enjoyment in poking fun at anyone who takes forum games really seriously, and the thing was a reference to when he said he'd QUIT PLAYING a game if PVP happened (I think it was one of my games but don't remember).

Sorry anyone who is on the receiving end of this. I derive much pleasure from it.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8482 on: June 15, 2013, 10:23:56 pm »

I'm pretty sure it was Einsteinian Roulette, and specifically I said I'd quit if it started being a case where people started spawn-camping new players to get their starting money because 1. I dislike PvP 2. it's kind of a bullshit thing to do and 3. as basically the most powerful character in that RTD and the GM letting us police ourselves it would be NOTHING but PvP for me if that started.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8483 on: June 15, 2013, 10:26:24 pm »

That does sound like bullshit. It would be thematically appropriate for ER, though. And for Piecewise.

...Dwar is perfectly aware of how I feel about PvP, and if that shit starts I'll drop out.

Also, found it. That took all of 15 seconds. This forum is very easily navigable!

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8484 on: June 15, 2013, 10:28:36 pm »

Feh, no one will lynch you Gamer, or at least I certainly won't, PvP has a time and a place.
Spoiler: The Good (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Bad (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Ugly (click to show/hide)
Simply, it has a time and a place.

Course it would be appropriate for Piecewise, take Perplexicon. :p

EDIT: I hate you so much little 'X' button on the tab so close to the new tab button, so much right now... Added stuff.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 10:50:17 pm by Xanmyral »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8485 on: June 15, 2013, 10:36:17 pm »

Dammit. 5:30 in the morning I decide to go to bed and then... UPDATE just as I logout. *grumble grumble* Still, at least I'm playing now.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8486 on: June 15, 2013, 10:43:37 pm »

Feh, no one will lynch you Gamer, or at least I certainly won't, PvP has a time and a place. There's nothing wrong with two characters rubbing each other the wrong way and in fact such can lead to a lot of fun stuff, as long as the players are fine with it, and indeed PvP could be a fun story device if used well. Nothing raises tension more than having two characters draw weapons on each other and have a stand off due to opposed morals and goals, after all, but it has to both be with the right people and the right game. Some don't like it, some do, I'm neutral on the subject and just want what would make a more compelling story and would leave everyone happy and entertained.

Simply, it has a time and a place.

Course it would be appropriate for Piecewise, take Perplexicon. :p

Even PVP aside, I still think it would be neat if the groups fought or communicated in a more significant way than just a spare mention or two. Maybe I'm just a sucker for crossovers and the like.

Still, a wish is just a wish, I doubt Haspen would do it, even if he originally planned to. It's clear that mostly everyone is against it, and Haspen can't have half of the group drop out, (Especially with the more important characters) in the plot.

And plus, I never argued that we have a PVP-sort of scenario against them in both of our states. We would wipe the floor with them, we have a larger group with decidedly better equipment and much higher levels. I'm not rooting for PVP just to have it, if it's easily abused by one side, neither side really has any fun.
I need to put something interesting here.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8487 on: June 15, 2013, 10:48:42 pm »

Oh I agree with that, I think it would be fun if there was some inter-connectivity between the games, maybe the last fight being our characters teaming up for the same goal, that would be pretty awesome. With PvP in this game, I would wager that it would have to be something with little to no meaning, like an arena where people can duke it out but death can't happen and it's just for fun.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8488 on: June 15, 2013, 10:53:41 pm »

If he comes up with this PVP idea I will drop this without any regret. I have my limits.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8489 on: June 15, 2013, 10:55:27 pm »

If he comes up with this PVP idea I will drop this without any regret. I have my limits.

Man really guys? Really this attitude? I'd just attempt to organize a tea party between both sides. Like for real. We could sit out for 10 combat rounds except for some archer plinking Alex for 1 damage/turn. All to troll Haspen. It would be delicious.
Pages: 1 ... 564 565 [566] 567 568 ... 1249