Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 777 778 [779] 780 781 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 847378 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oli's down, and I'm out of moves, so you're the only person who can finish off said Rider. Just make sure to calculate if it's an instakill before rushing in. This is going to have to be like chapter 2: OHKOs, healing and prayers.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah but you can't do anything this turn except heal, and you being there prevents Raquel from crush kill murdering the knights currently blocking you from Wodan.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

the moral of this story is that chokepoints go badly when everyone ignores them.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

Pretty much. :v

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

Oli's down, and I'm out of moves, so you're the only person who can finish off said Rider. Just make sure to calculate if it's an instakill before rushing in. This is going to have to be like chapter 2: OHKOs, healing and prayers.
I may be able to take out the rider as well, if you don't want me gambling against the knight.  With 29 AT, 20 AS, and a Crit rate of 38, I can double the Wyvern Rider and kill it guaranteed with no repercussions (6 RES, 13 AS = 46/36 damage minimum), or take a chance on the Wyvern Knight (10 RES, 14 AS = 34/41 damage), though the Knight will hit me with his spear as well (28 damage).  If we can get someone else as back-up on the knight to guarantee its death, I can go for that. 

Yeah but you can't do anything this turn except heal, and you being there prevents Raquel from crush kill murdering the knights currently blocking you from Wodan.
Wodan and the knights literally cannot do a thing, though; they can't reach us with 1-range weapons, cannot stop in (11,8) or (12,8) until Derick's and Tantallos' counters run out, and cannot move through those squares as long as (11,7) and (12,7) are occupied by anyone.  I think we should prioritize the people who are presently murderizing our team. :3
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 03:54:56 pm by Culise »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seriously though, we screwed that strategy up well.
We're going to need a new one, since the chokepoint can't even exist anymore without screwing people up. I CAN rescue anyone in front of me, though!
If I do so, and gregor replaces valor (because valor is not going to get NEAR wodan right now) we could still salvage the chokepoint.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I may be able to take out the rider as well, if you don't want me gambling against the knight.  With 29 AT, 20 AS, and a Crit rate of 38, I can double the Wyvern Rider and kill it guaranteed with no repercussions (6 RES, 13 AS = 46/36 damage minimum), or take a chance on the Wyvern Knight (10 RES, 14 AS = 34/41 damage), though the Knight will hit me with his spear as well (28 damage).  If we can get someone else as back-up on the knight to guarantee its death, I can go for that. 

Wodan and the knights literally cannot do a thing, though; they can't reach us with 1-range weapons, cannot stop in (11,8) or (12,8) until Derick's and Tantallos' counters run out, and cannot move through those squares as long as (11,7) and (12,7) are occupied by anyone.  I think we should prioritize the people who are presently murderizing our team. :3

Hmm. Well, if Valor moves, that's definitely an option. I mean, Seyena's the only non-Ami healer, so you could easily blast the knight while she restores someone.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The reason this strategy failed is because we sacrificed the integrity of the actual strategy for short term worries.
We can't let immediate concerns wreck our strategy, nor can we let people break it for their own means.
If we're holding a choke, we need to actually hold the choke.
This went hideously wrong because half of everyone wanted to kill enemies this turn instead of supporting the choke.

We can't have three strategies at once, that's what almost killed half of everyone in chaps 1 and 2.
We need to decide something and stick with it.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

Hmm. Well, if Valor moves, that's definitely an option. I mean, Seyena's the only non-Ami healer, so you could easily blast the knight while she restores someone.
Which reminds me that I'm going to need to get a healing stave of my own at some point.  But, regarding those row-7 chokepoint tiles, we'll want someone who can take two hits (in case they move the paladins out of the way to bring in archers) sitting in each, because if anyone in either tiles dies, the paladins will have just enough move to punch through the hole.  Alexander's health is at full, but Valor would need healing as well if he sits there.  Alternately, Valor can move and make room for Gregor to occupy that position. 

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dude, PM, the choke is still being held so long as there's someone in front of those bodies. The knights can do nothing. While they're held back, we can get the other units to focus on short term instakills.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile

Which reminds me that I'm going to need to get a healing stave of my own at some point.  But, regarding those row-7 chokepoint tiles, we'll want someone who can take two hits (in case they move the paladins out of the way to bring in archers) sitting in each, because if anyone in either tiles dies, the paladins will have just enough move to punch through the hole.  Alexander's health is at full, but Valor would need healing as well if he sits there.  Alternately, Valor can move and make room for Gregor to occupy that position.

You should probably take out the knight. No-risk is something we really need right now, and he can do a fair bit of damage to Seyena.

But wait- actually, can Salvatore move after he is healed? If not, then we should have Seyena kill the knight and Raquel stay where she is to help kill off the riders on the right.
I need to put something interesting here.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

Actually, I just realized that Edwin's attack hit, and that Wyvern Knight A is asleep for three turns.  Rider B is the only mobile threat left in the west.  I'm moving in to eliminate it this turn unless anyone objects.

EDIT:
But wait- actually, can Salvatore move after he is healed? If not, then we should have Seyena kill the knight and Raquel stay where she is to help kill off the riders on the right.
Oh.  Err, can Seyena kill the knight in one turn without waking him and without either my or Riven's help?  I can always move back to the right next turn; Levitation means that the snow doesn't affect my move.  We also need to get Raquel and Riven out of the way so those riders don't get the first blow against us. 
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 04:13:00 pm by Culise »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Bleh, I was outside for no more than fifteen minutes. It's been an hour now and I have a fever and headache. Cya in the morning folks ;v
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

rest in peace Haspen

But ffs, the choke ceases to mean a whole lot when the thing keeping it up is the bodies of three members of the team :p
Pages: 1 ... 777 778 [779] 780 781 ... 1249