Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 1023 1024 [1025] 1026 1027 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 841487 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread. Currently hijacked by Risk of Rain!
« Reply #15360 on: November 30, 2013, 08:18:17 am »

Not much happened. Welcome back, GB. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread. Currently hijacked by Risk of Rain!
« Reply #15361 on: November 30, 2013, 08:38:24 am »

Not much happened. Welcome back, GB. ^^^
Pretty much nothing at all.

Except risk of rain, whose sale I missed, apparently.  :(
I need to put something interesting here.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #15362 on: November 30, 2013, 11:24:19 am »

I don't think it was on sale? >.> I mean, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's 10 bucks like usual. Ah, well. Christmas is coming up soon, maybe it'll be on sale then. Kinda hard to call with Steam. ^^^;
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15363 on: November 30, 2013, 11:54:41 am »

It was on sale a few days ago I think. I considered grabbing it, but I should really be saving for a new computer. Or to pay people to make things for me. Anybody know any coders?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15364 on: November 30, 2013, 12:03:55 pm »

C'mon, Blade, coding ain't hard. Especially python.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15365 on: November 30, 2013, 12:12:32 pm »

I only know the Python that is shown in the RenPy tutorial. I'd have to... Learn.

EDIT: WELL. I'm going to give it my best shot.

EDITEDIT: Christ above I have no idea what I'm doing.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #15366 on: November 30, 2013, 12:54:24 pm »

What are you doinnn? v:

Also: guuuuuys. It's 30th already.

:I
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15367 on: November 30, 2013, 01:03:05 pm »

What are you doinnn? v:

Also: guuuuuys. It's 30th already.

:I

Okay, it seems to me that the first thing I need to do is get the character sheet format set up so my fledgeling program can recognize statistics and plug them into the battle formula whenever I get that far. And I don't know what to dooooooooo.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15368 on: November 30, 2013, 01:39:24 pm »

Okay, it seems to me that the first thing I need to do is get the character sheet format set up so my fledgeling program can recognize statistics and plug them into the battle formula whenever I get that far. And I don't know what to dooooooooo.

No, what. Are you trying to build a game or simulator without knowing programmings? You have to lern the programmings first. Have C or Java or appropriate Python tutorial (because once you know one, you know them all, except for language-specific syntax/features).

Facts: Ren'py is abstracted from Python. If you want to do anything cool with Python itself in Ren'py (things not included in the add-on's syntax and logic), it'll require some shenanigans. I initially had a dynamic clock script for FEFVN Day Three but gave up on it because it wasn't interfacing well with the rewind/fast-forward commands. That stuff's hard.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15370 on: November 30, 2013, 02:43:19 pm »

"Only a fool learns from his own mistakes."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15371 on: November 30, 2013, 02:49:24 pm »

... *shrug*

All I know is, it's the way I learn best. Really thinking my initial plan of 'pay someone else to do this for me' was a lot more solid.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15372 on: November 30, 2013, 03:07:53 pm »

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein
"To error is human"-unknown

So are you saying you are a boring person or are not human, FFS?
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15373 on: November 30, 2013, 03:10:02 pm »

So are you saying you are a boring person or are not human, FFS?

I'm just saying that there are some fields where you can do cool things without having to read, and some where you can't. I definitely had to read to figure this out, for example.

Also, do we need another communal post or did that last one take care of it?
Pages: 1 ... 1023 1024 [1025] 1026 1027 ... 1249