Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 1167 1168 [1169] 1170 1171 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 841421 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: Bullsh*t Miracles
« Reply #17520 on: March 26, 2014, 02:34:48 pm »

Yeah it's so bad that Matilda didn't rez Alex because he is no longer useful!
nooooo
Oh, pfft, we can recover from this. There's not many enemies left, and our movers and shakers are still alive. The rest of us have all three turns left.

We WILL need to very carefully plan our turns out though.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 02:39:36 pm by Powder Miner »

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17521 on: March 26, 2014, 02:57:35 pm »

oh fuck me
I need to put something interesting here.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #17522 on: March 26, 2014, 03:00:11 pm »

Okay, I'm gonna murder that bishop when I get home, unless someone thinks it's a bad idea and can convince me too.

Because more enemies are below you, near allies whom they can down easily, and going up to attack the bishop puts you in easy range of three units whom can easily down you?

We need to kill these mages down below. Current vague, unmathed idea is Seyena kills the Druid with her glaive and positions herself out of the way (south of Anja is a good spot), Valor kills the bishop to the south (does he have enough room for his elixir? We need that elixir to get people up next turn).

From there, if we want to just kill people, Sal can kill the sword master (provided he can hit him with the killer lance), and if Olison moves a space north of the druid (why Seyena needs to canto outta the way) he can kill the sergent with his short spear.

If we want to kill another sage, Sal can try to crit-or-death rush the sage to his left and Olison finishes it off if needed, or kills the sergeant as prior. This leaves the swordmaster up though.

Olison has a vuln so he could just try to bring as many people up instead.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 03:12:42 pm by Xanmyral »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17523 on: March 26, 2014, 03:03:46 pm »

You sure? I think I can one shot this one too, and then theres only the swordmaster and warrior to the north, neither of whom can kill me in one go. I think.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17524 on: March 26, 2014, 03:14:09 pm »

You forget the sentry, he can reach you too. We need you south more however, I think. I'll look into it regardless, but now is the time to stay only a few spaces from one another I believe. I made a "everyone up can kill someone" plan above, but as to if that is best is debatable.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 03:15:44 pm by Xanmyral »

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17525 on: March 26, 2014, 03:17:42 pm »

Seems so.  Let's see, now.  A quick glance-over says that the northern choke doesn't need to be secured; in fact, by falling back, Valor and Seyena can move out of range of Sarge C or Axebloke E altogether.  Key targets to eliminate are:

Bishop A: 38/38; 13 DEF; 22 RES; 51 Eva; 17 AS
Swordmaster A: 24/37; 14 DEF; 12 RES; 63 Eva; 25 AS
Sarge B: 25/42; 17 DEF; 12 RES; 43 Eva; 17 AS
Druid C: 25/35; 12 DEF; 19 RES; 36 Eva; 13 AS

Seyena can double all of these except the Swordmaster.  Even ignoring her supports, her 23 RES and 23 HP makes her a decent fit against the Druid (13*2=26 damage with a Iron Lance at a guaranteed hit rate/counterattack of 17 damage at 60%) or to weaken the Bishop (57.76% chance of only 34 damage with a Glaive).  Weakening the Swordmaster from a distance (59% chance of 12 damage) is also a possibility. 

Valor can double only the Druid, and can be doubled by the Swordmaster should he attack from an adjacent tile.  His only ranged attack is with a Francisca, which is also vulnerable to the Swordmaster's sword.  I do not believe we want him moving north on his own; if he fails to one-shot the full-health Bishop to his north, that puts him out of support range of Seyena, puts him in range of three counterattacks, and threatens an overrun where the enemies can use the corridor to block us from healing him (unless we use the Rescue staff). 

Olison is conveniently placed with acceptable risk to eliminate Sarge B (64% chance to hit twice with Triangle Advantage; 14*2=28 damage using a Short Spear/cannot be countered with 2 range).  Druid C is an outside chance (51.84%; 18*2=36 damage using Short Spear/31! damage at 77% chance on the counterattack), or weakening Bishop A. 

Salvatore is our answer to the Swordmaster, with 26 DEF and 23 HP.  Each and every single one of his Personal Skills come into play, giving him +10 Crit, +2 base damage, and +15 Hit.  Even neglecting his support with Olison, attacking from range gives him a 76% chance at 19 damage, and since there's no real reason not to (2 damage max on the counterattack), using the Killer Lance increases that to 23 damage with a further 35% crit chance for the potential knock-out.  With Olison just barely in support range, that's an 81% hit chance and a 45% crit chance.

And I strongly recommend that someone request that Matilda Cantos that Vulnerary out of storage in order to put someone back on their feet, if she herself is still on her feet come the next Ally Phase. ^_^

EDIT: Also, I really like Xanmyral's plan.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 03:21:22 pm by Culise »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17526 on: March 26, 2014, 03:24:12 pm »

Thanks for mathing it out. Irritating doing anything with multiple tabs on a phone and I'm going more from memory than I prefer.

Don't forget weapon triangle bonus damage, that pushes the sword master into OHKO range.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17527 on: March 26, 2014, 03:25:28 pm »

Thanks for mathing it out. Irritating doing anything with multiple tabs on a phone and I'm going more from memory than I prefer.

Don't forget weapon triangle bonus damage, that pushes the sword master into OHKO range.
Oh, yes, that's true.  24 damage with the Killer Lance would do the trick quite nicely.

EDIT: Also, Valor does not have room for an Elixir drop right now, but a free trade with Olison before attacking can fix that. 
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 03:27:25 pm by Culise »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17528 on: March 26, 2014, 03:29:23 pm »

And no damage in return to boot should he miss, so it's a no risk chance.

Does Olison really have so little of a chance to hit? Factoring in charisma and supports?

My idea was to have Seyena start us off with the druid and canto below Anja (swap to javelins, should be out of the range of arrowis), Valor make mince meat of the bishop, provide delicious charisma and block Seyena from arrows, Olison kill the sergent with support and Charisma bonus, and top it off with Sal trying to stab the sword master.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 03:33:46 pm by Xanmyral »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17529 on: March 26, 2014, 03:31:43 pm »

If we can have Seyena medicine Tiron before her attack, that'd be even better.

I like the new plan because I still get to murder a wizard. If I can't carry the elixir, and I think I can't, I can dictate that I'll drop a vuln instead, right? So ling as I include it in my action post?

Ninjedit: Or trading. I like trading.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17530 on: March 26, 2014, 03:36:26 pm »

She can't, you can either attack or use two items with Haspen's amended canto rules. I think.

I suggest tossing Olison either your pure water or vulns. I suggest the vulns, we're gonna go powder crazy again after this hopeful murder spree.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #17531 on: March 26, 2014, 03:36:44 pm »

As soon as you get the magicky jerks down, I'd recommend raising Alex-- at that point, he'd be exceedingly difficult to down at all, and could provide that practical invincibility to Sal or Anja.
Have Anja dance the mage killers.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17532 on: March 26, 2014, 03:37:49 pm »

Ah, I neglected them since Valor is out of range; that won't be the case if he moves south.  I also forgot the weapon triangle.  Including those with the Short Spear:

Base attack: 108 - 43 + 15 + 10/5 + 10/0 = 100/85/80% chance
Base damage: 30 - 17 = 13

That's actually looking rather dandy, then, with a guaranteed kill for Valor support and 72.25% chance even without, as long as Salvatore stays in range. 
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 03:42:18 pm by Culise »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17533 on: March 26, 2014, 03:46:21 pm »

Fun facts: the axeman do 22 damage to Sal now. He has 23 health. The sage will have to down him (meaning he can't down anyone else) and the axeman to the west can only hit Anja with a pitiful chance that isn't even in the tens place. Wait, in range of Valor. Make that an auto dodge.

If Olison moves back to his old spot afterwards, the sentry can only hit Valor and Olison, can't touch Anja. This shouldn't down either of them, but we don't want that archer getting too close.

The sage down south is our biggest worry.

I like guaranteed kills.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17534 on: March 26, 2014, 03:47:29 pm »

As soon as you get the magicky jerks down, I'd recommend raising Alex-- at that point, he'd be exceedingly difficult to down at all, and could provide that practical invincibility to Sal or Anja.
Have Anja dance the mage killers.

Anja can only dance Npcs. She should probably be dancing Tiron, then Matilda, then Danya.
Pages: 1 ... 1167 1168 [1169] 1170 1171 ... 1249