Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 1211 1212 [1213] 1214 1215 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 841305 times)

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: Chapter 11x: DUN DUN DUNNN!
« Reply #18180 on: May 07, 2014, 12:25:51 pm »

Yeah, don't see no armor effectiveness there. It can deal (with support and PS) a maximum of 9 damage with a crit to Alex. Instead, we have to worry about the usual suspects, Bishops dealing 20 damage, Sages dealing 23, Druid dealing 26. With pure water that's cut down to 10, 13 and 16. He can last a couple hits, though not an overwhelming amount. I can't really think of any other defensive alternatives, though.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #18181 on: May 07, 2014, 09:13:10 pm »

oh, hey, i can slam him then and only haveta worry about JERK MAGIC

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #18182 on: May 07, 2014, 09:16:59 pm »

So, should Sal head north or stick around south? If he does, he can free up a bit of NPC actions. But he may be more needed south with the larger brute force. But he would free up a healer too.

We have to survive until the help arrives, but that will be the hard part because we're literally down to the wire here.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18183 on: May 07, 2014, 09:19:01 pm »

Go north. Alexandra has crazy range with that physic staff. Shouldn't be a problem. With healing out of our hands, I feel like we should be aggressive, but I don't want the falcos breathing down our necks.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18184 on: May 07, 2014, 09:26:28 pm »

Didn't see it coming. This truly is the climactic final battle for FEF1. Taking down all of Prixima's generals...

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18185 on: May 07, 2014, 09:28:07 pm »

Go north. Alexandra has crazy range with that physic staff. Shouldn't be a problem. With healing out of our hands, I feel like we should be aggressive, but I don't want the falcos breathing down our necks.

Nah nah nah, we shouldn't be aggressive until the rest of the NPCs catch up with us. It would be horrible if we died before they reach us. We need calculated aggression, like usual. I'll start seeing what's needed before I move north, Alexander may want to benefit from Sal's support for whatever he might want to do next.

Hm... I guess one option may be for Sal to move one north, javelin Wyvern J (won't kill it but put it in very killable range) and then move into his position. From there, Alexander can either choose to benefit from Charisma or support as he finishes it off, hopefully with no damage if he hits.

Otherwise, Sal could move north and assault a pegsus rider. Alexander could attack or use his pure water.

Or Sal could use Alexander's pure water on Alex and move north, with Alex attacking.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 09:35:39 pm by Xanmyral »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18186 on: May 07, 2014, 09:50:39 pm »

I'd say go attack the falcos. There are only two whyverns left on their feet, we can handle them.

Alex should probably use the pure water. Sage H and Bishop D are gonna be coming for him. Seyena should take Salvatore's place to stop any surviving whyverns from heading wherever they please. That Swordmaster is the only physical unit capable of actually getting in to actually fight- So Olison might want to swap to a lance to keep from being on the bad end of the weapon triangle. Doesn't matter for Alex.

Anja needs to dance Seyena for mage-killery for her last turn with Pure Water active. Olison might be a good choice for the other dancee to go after Hegen, since he'll likely be in range next turn, doubles him, and does 19 damage a hit. Valor is also a choice-But he has low HP, and a crappy poison roll would off him. Healing him could offset that, but that'd roughly half his crit rate, which is what we'd be banking on with Valor, since he doesn't double Hegen.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18187 on: May 07, 2014, 10:24:09 pm »

I think all of the mages can enter combat pretty easily.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18188 on: May 07, 2014, 10:27:43 pm »

I think all of the mages can enter combat pretty easily.

Not so! The Bishop down south, E specifically, cannot reach any of us unless we step toward him from starting positions from this turn.

And the two Sages and Druid on the right are also well out of range for the turn.

Next turn is a whole new ball-game, as per usual.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18189 on: May 07, 2014, 10:31:54 pm »

I'm... Not sure where you get that.

I count two people E can hit, everyone for the other bishop and the southern sage (which is all that's needed, really). The Druid technically has Hell. Its true that the two sages to the west can't reach us though.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18190 on: May 07, 2014, 10:35:39 pm »

I'm... Not sure where you get that.

I count two people E can hit, everyone for the other bishop and the southern sage (which is all that's needed, really). The Druid technically has Hell. Its true that the two sages to the west can't reach us though.

...Oh, right, shooting through walls from the outside. Forgot about that, honestly.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18191 on: May 07, 2014, 10:37:01 pm »

Valor may not be able to stop that, but I suggest Olison moves somewhere else so he can avoid the blastan'. And I hope that the new Druid doesn't have Hell, but there's no mention that he doesn't, so he probably does.

I fear for Seyena trying to hold the line with seven health and as fragile as she is against physical attacks, as a note. It may be good for everyone to just, well, back up a bit. Buy us a little more time. We can't really avoid the magic users that much, sadly, but if we can postpone the main force assaulting us, we may be in a better position.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18192 on: May 07, 2014, 10:40:14 pm »

Valor may not be able to stop that, but I suggest Olison moves somewhere else so he can avoid the blastan'. And I hope that the new Druid doesn't have Hell, but there's no mention that he doesn't, so he probably does.

I fear for Seyena trying to hold the line with seven health and as fragile as she is against physical attacks, as a note. It may be good for everyone to just, well, back up a bit. Buy us a little more time. We can't really avoid the magic users that much, sadly, but if we can postpone the main force assaulting us, we may be in a better position.

Falling back further will make striking back against them next turn somewhat more difficult. But caution seems to be the better course most of the time.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18193 on: May 07, 2014, 10:45:42 pm »

I'm thinking that if we can buy ourselves a turn for our allies to reach us, that could make a big difference is all. Their Physic will really help us, but we can't all be getting downed the next turn. There's not really all that much we can back up into though, is the thing, so it would be limited in both effectiveness and how much time we can buy.

If we could kill those mages quickly, things wouldn't be as hard pressed. If we can kill that berserker, and get his item, that would be a real tide changer.
Pages: 1 ... 1211 1212 [1213] 1214 1215 ... 1249