Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Valentine's Day/Al Capone Massacre Day Thread  (Read 2122 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Valentine's Day/Al Capone Massacre Day Thread
« on: February 14, 2013, 03:43:09 pm »

So....it's that completely commercialized modern Western invention of a holiday, St. Valentine's Day. When people with significant others get all googly-eyed, and people without them contemplate murder of the googly-eyed ones. I've been on both sides of that equation, and this year I happen to be pro-googly.

But in deference to those who aren't, I thought I'd start this thread so that people can commiserate about their Valentine's Day plans, etc. without bothering others. Besides, thread will wither and die in a day or two anyways, and be out of the way then.

So....let the B12 lovefest begin!  ;D

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Valentine's Day/Al Capone Massacre Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 03:56:58 pm »

Right! So....Janet got semi-married, Kaijyuu is settled in with his fiance, I have quite the evening planned with my inamorata....anybody else out there actually going to enjoy V-Day for a change?

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 04:04:43 pm »

No.

Aww, come on, dude. You don't have to be an unhappy camper like that. :P

Congrats to RedKing, Kaijyuu, and Janet! May your lives be long, prosperous and filled with chocolate eclairs.

HAHA THAT WAS A STAB AT REDKINGS DIGESTIVE SYSTEM and also mine because I am starving. :P

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 04:05:49 pm »

I've always felt confused about people who made a big deal about valentines day if they ended up alone.

Guys. Seriously. Have you seen the stores? DO YOU SEE ALL THAT CHEAP CHOCOLATE. DO YOU REALIZE TOMORROW IT'S GONNA BE EVEN CHEAPER.

That's what I used to do.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 04:08:32 pm »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 03:32:16 pm by Ogdibus »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 04:10:19 pm »

I've always felt confused about people who made a big deal about valentines day if they ended up alone.

Guys. Seriously. Have you seen the stores? DO YOU SEE ALL THAT CHEAP CHOCOLATE. DO YOU REALIZE TOMORROW IT'S GONNA BE EVEN CHEAPER.

That's what I used to do.
Braces just got tightened, so eating chocolate has the potential to be pretty painfull, and hard/cream-filled chocolates are no-go because of braces.

YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 04:14:08 pm »

Braces just got tightened, so eating chocolate has the potential to be pretty painfull, and hard/cream-filled chocolates are no-go because of braces.

Guys. Seriously. Have you seen the adult stores? DO YOU SEE ALL THOSE CHEAP SEX TOYS. DO YOU REALIZE TOMORROW IT'S GONNA BE EVEN CHEAPER.

Better?  :P

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 04:21:19 pm »

Dude in my experience. Sex toys are MORE expensive post and during valentines day. Seriously.

I'm glad I pretty much got all I'd ever want there. That stuff is kinda expensive sometimes.

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 04:27:53 pm »

Magma is overrated.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 04:30:22 pm »

You are doing it wrong.

Get some good chocolate, plop it in your mouth and dont chew. Just let it melt in your mouth. If its not tasty, you bought shitty chocolate and should return to step 1.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 04:32:10 pm »

Not to mention that chocolate is good enough to just say fuck it and eat post braces tightening. I say this as someone who's had braces for the last 2 years.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2013, 04:38:47 pm »

You are doing it wrong.

Get some good chocolate, plop it in your mouth and dont chew. Just let it melt in your mouth. If its not tasty, you bought shitty chocolate and should return to step 1.
Silly you, chocolate in Belgium is ALWAYS good. And augh pain. I guess I could just break it up in pieces since my molars don't hurt. But who cares, I have self-made biscuits. It's called "speculaas" in Dutch, since biscuits is a tad too general.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2013, 04:45:09 pm »

You are doing it wrong.

Silly you, chocolate in Belgium is ALWAYS good. And augh pain. I guess I could just break it up in pieces since my molars don't hurt. But who cares, I have self-made biscuits. It's called "speculaas" in Dutch, since biscuits is a tad too general.
You just gave me the idea of doing something with speculoos paste for Valentine's....

No, not like THAT.
(although now that I've given myself *that* idea....)  ;D

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2013, 04:51:18 pm »

I saved money by being single on valentine's day!

Happy with current relationship ==> sweet date
Unhappy with current relationship ==> sweet dough

It's a win-win situation.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2013, 04:58:50 pm »

Good attitude.

Pages: [1] 2 3