Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 976472 times)

turabeasel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.20.6.5 BETA
« Reply #420 on: November 18, 2013, 08:38:43 pm »

i've uploaded another beta version. highlights:

• grouping is saved/loaded for each tab/view
  • skilled labors (above dabbling) can be toggled by row or by column
  • labors can be enabled/disabled by columns
  • commit/clear pending changes can be performed on individual dwarves (right click menu)
  • the custom profession section of the right click menu can be 'torn off'
  • GUI enhancements to tooltips and the dwarf details pane (standardized colors, caste information, extra trait info)
  • modders can include a file to override/add custom views (see masterwork for an example)

OSX should be supported now. i can't compile it to confirm, but all the code changes have been merged, and the memory layout file has been completed.

has anyone complied this yet to see if it works with osx?
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.20.6.6
« Reply #421 on: November 18, 2013, 10:22:07 pm »

Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum and, first of all, I would like to thank the guy who maintain DT. You gives us some of your time so we can save some of ours on playing DF. Your work is much appreciated!

I would like to make a suggestion, kinda cosmetic one, but could be good for those who, like me, play on notebook or simply doesn't have a big screen. To show all the jobs columns at the same time, it's required for us, People of the Smaller Resolutions (maybe we are the Dwarf Screens  :P ), to close all the docks. Just like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sure, it is more than enough to work on, but the docks kinda have some easy-to-read info, specially the "Dwarf Details" one. Now, if we want to, we can make it float on the screen instead of being attached to it, just like this:

Again, sure its enough to inform me relevant things about mr. Stukos Kûbukonol. But it's a little bit clumsy to have to open and close this dock every now and then. In fact, it is quite clumsy, indeed, and even mr. Kûbukonol agrees with it.

Now, if we happen to have a little tweak on that floating window, the people of the Dwarf Screens would be much obliged. Lets say that someone puts a little button at the left side of the "close window" button on the floating dock, just like this:

(ok, the button I happen to have in hand isn't all that little... Don't blame me! Blame Windows!)

So, let's say I want to keep that dock opened, minimizing it would be amazing just like this:

I don't know if it is feasible, but if it is, than it is an easy way to rise the happiness of the people of the Dwarf Screens, so that their Dwarf Therapist may be engarved with little docks windows that menaces with spikes of info.  ;D

And, since I'm already here, is there anyone having trouble to assign dwarves to squads from DT? Mine shows greyed option on that righ button menu, even if I clearly have an active, not full squad. I can remove from squad, but not assign...  :'( Edit: Yes, mine is the nwest version, 20.6.6, i think.. Edit 2: Nevermind... It happens that you can't assign a dwarf to a sqad if you are on the military tab, because DT for some reason greys out the option, but it works on the other tabs.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 11:51:12 pm by Urist McBeatdemtantruming »

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 19, 2013, 01:25:19 am »

This is a really good idea; I've also been thinking of uses for all that grayspace.

Sorry it's taking me forever to update the file. Buried in work at the moment, no time.
ヽ(´ー`)┌[>゜))))彡]   Dwarf Therapist User Guide

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #423 on: November 19, 2013, 07:26:20 am »

Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum and, first of all, I would like to thank the guy who maintain DT. You gives us some of your time so we can save some of ours on playing DF. Your work is much appreciated!

[excellent explanation and images]

And, since I'm already here, is there anyone having trouble to assign dwarves to squads from DT? Mine shows greyed option on that righ button menu, even if I clearly have an active, not full squad. I can remove from squad, but not assign...  :'( Edit: Yes, mine is the nwest version, 20.6.6, i think.. Edit 2: Nevermind... It happens that you can't assign a dwarf to a sqad if you are on the military tab, because DT for some reason greys out the option, but it works on the other tabs.

i've played with this a bit today, and it seems i've been able to get it working as you've demonstrated. i'm not sure if the behaviour will be consistent across platforms, so we'll have to see. essentially it changes the dock to a true window when you 'float' it, allowing you to minimize it. once minimized, it creates a little bar you can drag around and place where you'd like on the screen. so we'll try that out for the next release and see how it goes.

the bug with the military assignment will be fixed in the next update as well. it's actually caused when you try to assign a non-eligible citizen to the militia (children for example). the menu becomes greyed out, but doesn't become activated again. thanks for the report.

i've been distracted re-writing the masterwork settings gui, but i've been able to get in some additional changes to the filtering stuff as well. in the upcoming update you'll be able to set any number of scripts as filters (ie. more than one) and health, thought and preference selections are applied the same way. you'll then see a list of all the currently applied filters, and be able to remove any individual ones, or click the 'x' button to clear all active filters.

this will allow you to apply multiple filters on top of each other, so to speak. for example, you could apply a 'nobles only' script, then a 'strength > 1000' script, then choose a few preferences, and a recent thought, and it'll filter down to those nobles with > 1000 strength who also have the chosen preferences and the selected recent thought.

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 19, 2013, 09:25:26 am »

Compiles fine for me on linux.  Two questions, tho:
1. Only the middle button (button 2) will toggle labors.  Turning off single-click option allows left button to work, but is not draggable.  I haven't been able to find out why this is.
2. Is there an option to display castes?  I play Masterwork, and find that very useful.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #425 on: November 19, 2013, 09:40:40 am »

Compiles fine for me on linux.  Two questions, tho:
1. Only the middle button (button 2) will toggle labors.  Turning off single-click option allows left button to work, but is not draggable.  I haven't been able to find out why this is.
2. Is there an option to display castes?  I play Masterwork, and find that very useful.
i'll see if i can find anything on the mouse buttons, i think someone mentioned it before as well.

castes should be detected and shown automatically. you'll see the caste name in the details pane, and on the tooltip (optional). if you group by caste it should also break them into their respective masterwork castes.

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 19, 2013, 12:28:39 pm »

castes should be detected and shown automatically. you'll see the caste name in the details pane, and on the tooltip (optional). if you group by caste it should also break them into their respective masterwork castes.

That's the confusing bit - there is no option to group by caste, and they don't show in the popup tooltip.

I've cleared User Settings ... wondering if there's some compile option I missed ... ?

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #427 on: November 19, 2013, 02:48:48 pm »

Ther

That's the confusing bit - there is no option to group by caste, and they don't show in the popup tooltip.

I've cleared User Settings ... wondering if there's some compile option I missed ... ?
there should definitely be a group by caste option in the drop down, are you certain you didn't compile the old version accidentally?

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 20, 2013, 08:00:52 am »

Ah, I was compiling 0.6.12.  I see what I did - the two links for Windows 20.6.6 and Linux 19.2 go to packages, but the source link points back to ye olde version.  I had assumed it was pointing to a code repository.  "hg" doesn't give version numbers, it just says "default".

Sorry for the confusion - I'll look at the 19.2 package.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 20, 2013, 09:39:57 pm »

Is there a way to import a dwarf's raw role % into the script editor?

I have this idea for a script that compares ustom roles I would have for each weapon type, and then pick the highest one.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 21, 2013, 03:02:49 pm »

Would it be possible to extend the age ranges to have individual years from 0 to 10? For dwarves, it would make it easier to see just how long it is before Urist McUseless grows up, and for animals, it would make keeping track of them a lot easier.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.
« Reply #431 on: November 21, 2013, 04:57:13 pm »

i've played with this a bit today, and it seems i've been able to get it working as you've demonstrated. i'm not sure if the behaviour will be consistent across platforms, so we'll have to see. essentially it changes the dock to a true window when you 'float' it, allowing you to minimize it. once minimized, it creates a little bar you can drag around and place where you'd like on the screen. so we'll try that out for the next release and see how it goes.

Niiiice! I can serve as tester in case you're in need of someone.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #432 on: November 21, 2013, 05:02:40 pm »

Is there a way to import a dwarf's raw role % into the script editor?

I have this idea for a script that compares ustom roles I would have for each weapon type, and then pick the highest one.
i'll expose the function to get raw or adjusted role ratings in the next update.

Would it be possible to extend the age ranges to have individual years from 0 to 10? For dwarves, it would make it easier to see just how long it is before Urist McUseless grows up, and for animals, it would make keeping track of them a lot easier.
yeah i noticed this as well, with some mods < 10 isn't a child anymore. consider it done for the next update.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 24, 2013, 10:29:57 pm »

since meph has diseases (edit: in his mod). an ability to see active syndromes in DT would be nice.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 10:38:44 pm by thistleknot »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #434 on: November 25, 2013, 02:54:19 am »

since meph has diseases (edit: in his mod). an ability to see active syndromes in DT would be nice.
Which is already included in the DT. Just hover your mouse over a dwarf.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 222