Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 976501 times)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.20.7
« Reply #480 on: December 28, 2013, 10:18:56 am »

oh okay.  what do I use for the syndromes?  can you give an example?  I dont think you would have pre-defined syndrome #s as you do with health because syndromes are mod defined.  So how would one do a script to filter by them?  use the buff description?  again, an example would be nice.

I guess that follows on with a second suggestion I was about to have.  The ability to select multiple conditions in the health screen-legend to actively filter the grid view by.  I.e. select all 3 fever conditions using shift or ctrl to select each condition so they are all applied to the grid view

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #481 on: December 28, 2013, 06:17:09 pm »

from the patch notes: scripts can be used to check for syndromes with d.has_syndrome(syn name or part of name)

you should be able to select multiple items from the health legend and have it filter; you're saying it's broken?

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 28, 2013, 07:33:43 pm »

derp... thx (I thought I read through the patchlog too)...

I was trying to select multiple items from the health legend and it wouldnt let me.  I tried shift as well as ctrl to select them, but it only would select one at a time and it only showed 1 active filter.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 07:40:39 pm by thistleknot »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #483 on: December 29, 2013, 02:54:33 am »

yeah i see what you mean; you can't select multiple health items. i'll have that fixed up in the next version. right now the way it works is it will only ever add a single health filter when you click things. if you change your selection, then the health filter gets updated. same applies to thoughts and preferences.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 02:56:16 am by splinterz »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 29, 2013, 09:24:47 am »

as a sidenote, since I play offline (while on vaca).  It would be helpful to have the changelog posted in the download.  Thats why I keep missing the updates patchlog, as its only online and not in the download.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 09:31:54 am by thistleknot »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #485 on: December 29, 2013, 09:53:56 am »

yeah i'll see about doing that, it's a good idea. i've updated the version to include the fix for selecting multiple health items from the legend as well.

Somnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 30, 2013, 03:55:26 pm »

Hello! I have two questions.

First, does anyone know how I can run the "splintermind-attributes" command so that I don't need sudo permissions? I'm using Openbox (linux) as my window manager and would like to be able to run it from the Menu.

Second, is there a way to change the font that used, or is there a font that I should have in order to see things properly? Currently the font is very small and if there's a character with an accent mark or anything like that, it just shows up as a question mark. Thank you in advance for the help!

Any clues to these issues? I can change the font size of the menu items, but not of the dwarf names or of the menu options themselves (Files, Scripting, Roles, etc at the top)

EDIT: Okay, I found out how to modify the grid item size, but I"m still having issues with it not displaying special characters, and also there's still the last issue, running without sudo permissions.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 03:59:26 pm by Somnus »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #487 on: December 30, 2013, 04:48:34 pm »

check the last comments here for running it without sudo (i haven't tested it) https://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/wiki/LinuxVersion

for the fonts, you can change the applications main font in the general section of the options. if your font doesn't support the characters/accents, it'll show ? instead, so try a different font.

Somnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 30, 2013, 06:21:13 pm »

I've tried a number of different fonts... is there a specific one that was in mind when written?

Thanks for the link about running without sudo. With a little modification it works perfectly!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 06:47:29 pm by Somnus »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #489 on: December 30, 2013, 07:50:41 pm »

i just fired up linux to take a look and i've got missing accents in the fonts as well. looks like some other weird inconsistency with linux i'll have to hunt down. surprise, surprise.  ::)

celestialjeu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 03, 2014, 09:18:01 pm »

Hey all. I'm having a problem with Dwarf Therapist v.20.4 for mac that I'm stumped on how to fix.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It does read the dwarves--so if you hover over them it displays their name and such so it is sort of usable. The problem continues into all of the menus as well which is the more annoying aspect. I have already tried just re-downloading and replacing the file but I'm not sure what else to try.
I'm on OSX 10.9.1 so it could be a problem with the most recent OS update?  I dunno. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

FIXED (Clear user settings. I hadn't changed anything so hadn't thought to try it. Works now!)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 02:51:54 pm by celestialjeu »

Rinin_Rus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 08, 2014, 01:37:50 pm »

Hello, first of all thanx a lot for maintaining and farther developing this program. I wish to propose a minor interface improvement. Could you disable (or at least make it not modal) message box about loosing connection ("Unable to talk to Dwarf Fortress" title). It's kinda obvious that connection lost when it lost anyway, but this modal window is a bit annoying if you have to reconnect often.
He has a lot of willpower,  but he has very little linguistic ability

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #492 on: January 08, 2014, 03:16:21 pm »

Hello, first of all thanx a lot for maintaining and farther developing this program. I wish to propose a minor interface improvement. Could you disable (or at least make it not modal) message box about loosing connection ("Unable to talk to Dwarf Fortress" title). It's kinda obvious that connection lost when it lost anyway, but this modal window is a bit annoying if you have to reconnect often.
Try disabling the 'alert on disconnect' in the options.

Rinin_Rus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 08, 2014, 05:21:26 pm »

Try disabling the 'alert on disconnect' in the options.
Thanks )
He has a lot of willpower,  but he has very little linguistic ability

Cocoprimate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 09, 2014, 07:15:07 pm »

Hey guys, I'm having problems assigning dwarfs to squads via DT.

I'm currently trying to equip all of my dwarves to stop the clothing wear problems, and I was mass-assigning via DT. I was able to do it with no problems for 2 squads with DT, but on the 3rd squad after assigning the seventh member, the option "assign to squad" that appears when you right click is greyed out. For all the 150 dorfs. I tried making a new squad, but it's still greyed out.

What can I do? I'm using 20.6.
The story of Aban Diamondtowns the Charms of Society, dwarf legend, and his descent into the depths. (SPOILER)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=79229.0
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 222