Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 974646 times)

zapa1928

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.21.2
« Reply #525 on: February 15, 2014, 02:18:09 pm »

Hey me again.
This time DT 21.2 don`t start at all. Here is what Win7 is throwing at me

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Write if you need any additional information (and how to get them).

« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 02:40:09 pm by zapa1928 »

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.21.0
« Reply #526 on: February 15, 2014, 02:38:48 pm »

Tareq has been working on this and it should be resolved. give the new build a try and see how it goes.

Thx, this one works more or less. After asking for the admin pass it takes a long time to connect to the game - about 1-2 minutes. During this time it eats a lot of CPU time, totally saturating one of the cores of my macbook. After it finishes loading the CPU usage goes back to normal, and DT works correctly.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #527 on: February 15, 2014, 04:14:17 pm »

Hey me again.
This time DT 21.2 don`t start at all. Here is what Win7 is throwing at me

Write if you need any additional information (and how to get them).

post your dwarf therapist log. i just tested with 21.2 and the save you sent me, and i can't get it to crash.

GiantUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 15, 2014, 05:56:15 pm »

Tareq has been working on this and it should be resolved. give the new build a try and see how it goes.

Thx, this one works more or less. After asking for the admin pass it takes a long time to connect to the game - about 1-2 minutes. During this time it eats a lot of CPU time, totally saturating one of the cores of my macbook. After it finishes loading the CPU usage goes back to normal, and DT works correctly.

That's what I was getting too. I can't pinpoint the location of the slowdown, and I had to disable the warnings for it to get that far. I can only guess that the OS X memory reading isn't as efficient or as fine-grained as it could be.

zapa1928

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 15, 2014, 07:14:47 pm »

post your dwarf therapist log. i just tested with 21.2 and the save you sent me, and i can't get it to crash.

I am afraid i can`t as run.log for 21.2 has not been created.

So only i can describe symptoms of a crash.
While opening DT window appears saying normally that application crashed and i have either option to look for solution online or end program.
In Win Manager DwarfFortress.exe thread takes 116 KB of memory and does not respond on termination attempts.

I think DT dosen`t get to the point of creation a log.

I have few copies downloaded and between them, beside first error window i posted, second reoccurs

If you`ll get any more idea of how can i help you with recreation of this crash or methods of reporting mine, i'll be happy to help tomorrow.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #530 on: February 16, 2014, 06:38:10 am »

the dffd file has been updated with another version with some optimizations, give it another go and let us know if it's loading faster for you.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #531 on: February 16, 2014, 07:00:25 am »

I am afraid i can`t as run.log for 21.2 has not been created.

So only i can describe symptoms of a crash.
While opening DT window appears saying normally that application crashed and i have either option to look for solution online or end program.
In Win Manager DwarfFortress.exe thread takes 116 KB of memory and does not respond on termination attempts.

I think DT dosen`t get to the point of creation a log.

I have few copies downloaded and between them, beside first error window i posted, second reoccurs

If you`ll get any more idea of how can i help you with recreation of this crash or methods of reporting mine, i'll be happy to help tomorrow.
i still have no idea what's going on here. i tried downloading and running 21.2 on two other machines, and still haven't had a crash. the version just previous to this one has no problems on your machine?

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: February 16, 2014, 07:47:50 am »

the dffd file has been updated with another version with some optimizations, give it another go and let us know if it's loading faster for you.

Thank you for both you and Tareq. This seems to work as expected. I'll release it in my pack and we'll see if we get any bugreports.

zapa1928

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: February 16, 2014, 08:54:45 am »

i still have no idea what's going on here. i tried downloading and running 21.2 on two other machines, and still haven't had a crash. the version just previous to this one has no problems on your machine?

That is affirmative. I`ve been using 20.4 version with no problems at all and 21.0 with stated before.
I also confirm that 21.2 is working ok on other computer i have (unfortunately to week to handle enjoyable df game XD ).
So it must be something vey specific to my configuration. I assume its sth hardware related as Win manager cant candle thread termination. I`ll try few configuration when i`ll have time and report the results.

I`ll also send you my system configuration log. Although i don't think it will be helpful, but you may catch on something i don't.

Bo-Rufus CMVII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: February 16, 2014, 04:00:07 pm »

21.2 works for me (Windows 7), and the funniness with sorting by migration wave is gone.

You may want to remove the "latest doesn't work" someone posted at wimbli, since it's no longer true for latest.

Bo-Rufus CMVII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: February 16, 2014, 04:20:18 pm »

It would be nice if there was a column somewhere that would let you sort the dorfs by size.  (Maybe on the weapons page? You can see sizes there by hovering, but it's kind of tedious.)

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #536 on: February 16, 2014, 04:24:41 pm »

21.2 works for me (Windows 7), and the funniness with sorting by migration wave is gone.

You may want to remove the "latest doesn't work" someone posted at wimbli, since it's no longer true for latest.
thanks for the feedback! unfortunately i don't think i can remove other people's comments from the file listing on dffd  :-\

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #537 on: February 16, 2014, 04:28:08 pm »

It would be nice if there was a column somewhere that would let you sort the dorfs by size.  (Maybe on the weapons page? You can see sizes there by hovering, but it's kind of tedious.)
right click the very first column header (dwarf names), and you can sort by body size.

Bo-Rufus CMVII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: February 16, 2014, 11:24:03 pm »

Great, thanks.

If you can't delete the reply, you could reply to it with an update.

zapa1928

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: February 17, 2014, 04:28:49 pm »

Ok, so i downloaded qt5gui.dll and copied it to system directory and the original v21.2  is working, but not the second exec you`ve sent me on email.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 222