Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 974785 times)

int_ua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.23.6 | DF 40.08
« Reply #1335 on: August 12, 2014, 11:30:18 pm »

Can you just zip the thing?
1. It looks like it didn't really work, I've updated the previous post.
2. zip an ar archive with two other archives inside of it archived? I don't really like the idea :) I would zip it, yeah, but see pt.1.
3. Okay, I zipped it. http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9378 Does it work for you?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 11:39:34 pm by int_ua »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: August 13, 2014, 06:58:09 am »

I have a very odd problem.
I just downloaded 23.6 to test with my current 40.08 fortress and if i have DF running (it does not matter if i am in the main menu or with a loaded fortress) when i launch
DwarfTherapist.exe

( that i have in C:\df_40_08_win\Dwarf Therapist 23.6\ )

It just crash with the DwarfTherapist.exe has encountered an error :

But if i do not launch DF but launch DwarfTherapist.exe , it works without error, but after i launch DF and load my fort if i click on "Connect to DF" button, Dwarf Therapist will crash with the same error.

I can't say for the Dwarf Therapist for 40.07 as i didn't played it with that version of DF, but it worked without problem for a previous 40.0x version

the run.log when it crashes while i launch DT when i have my fortress already loaded :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The run.log when i am at DF main menu and i launch DT that then crash :

the run.log when i start DT before DF and once i loaded my fortress i click on "Connect to DF"
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 07:14:29 am by Robsoie »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1337 on: August 13, 2014, 08:30:30 am »

I have a very odd problem.
I just downloaded 23.6 to test with my current 40.08 fortress and if i have DF running (it does not matter if i am in the main menu or with a loaded fortress) when i launch
DwarfTherapist.exe

( that i have in C:\df_40_08_win\Dwarf Therapist 23.6\ )

It just crash with the DwarfTherapist.exe has encountered an error :

But if i do not launch DF but launch DwarfTherapist.exe , it works without error, but after i launch DF and load my fort if i click on "Connect to DF" button, Dwarf Therapist will crash with the same error.

I can't say for the Dwarf Therapist for 40.07 as i didn't played it with that version of DF, but it worked without problem for a previous 40.0x version

the run.log when it crashes while i launch DT when i have my fortress already loaded :

The run.log when i am at DF main menu and i launch DT that then crash :

the run.log when i start DT before DF and once i loaded my fortress i click on "Connect to DF"
you can try running it with the -debug argument to see more information in the log file, and/or upload the save so i can take a look.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: August 13, 2014, 08:57:16 am »

It does not have to do with the save actually, it will crash as long as DF is running, even in the main menu, as if i delete the save folder and launch DF -before- launching therapist, crash.

And i noticed that if i launch therapist with DF (so it does not crash) and go to File -> Options, if i click on "Restore Default", the options change, meaning that the options i was using weren't default, they must come from an older version of therapist, but when i confirm "apply option and read all", crash.

So i went to
C:\Documents and Settings\MyUserName\Application Data\UDP Software\ in which i located a Dwarf Therapist.ini (that i assume is where therapist save its settings) and delete the file and the UDP Software directory.

And after that, Dwarf Therapist worked, i could even run it with my fortress loaded without any problem.
So i guess there's a setting i changed in the options of a previous Dwarf Therapist version that is the source of crash with 23.6.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: August 13, 2014, 09:04:25 am »

I upload the DwarfTherapist.ini file that was causing DT to crash, in case you want to look at what could be the actual source of that crash.
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9381

With the ini recreated from scratch by 23.6, it works great, i've been running my fort with it since some time and still no problem, definitively something in the uploaded ini generate the crash as if i re-use it i can reproduce the crash everytime.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1340 on: August 13, 2014, 09:48:45 am »

I upload the DwarfTherapist.ini file that was causing DT to crash, in case you want to look at what could be the actual source of that crash.
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9381

With the ini recreated from scratch by 23.6, it works great, i've been running my fort with it since some time and still no problem, definitively something in the uploaded ini generate the crash as if i re-use it i can reproduce the crash everytime.
thanks for the file and explanation. i was able to reproduce the crash, as you said, and will get it fixed. recently i renamed the default gridview to 'labors full' however your ini had only a single view, called 'labors'. normally with a couple views it would have been ok and just skipped loading the 'labors' view, however there was only a single view, and since it couldn't be found no views were loaded at all. having no views loaded at all was the cause of the problem.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: August 13, 2014, 11:03:54 am »

Thanks, i guess some people that have been using DT for previous 40.0x versions could run into the same problem in case they had the same kind of labor view.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: August 13, 2014, 11:39:17 am »

@splinterz: I can"t make the equipments show up on osx.
First I assumed that something is missing from the osx df structures, then that there's a problem with the .ini generator lua script, but no matter which script version I use I can't make them show up in DT.

Here's one .ini, this one is generated by the script in your repo. I had to disable the lines with fake identities and soul traits to generate, but I doubt they have anything to do with equipment. Any idea?

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: August 13, 2014, 12:04:44 pm »

I'm having problems with comments in filter scripts.

This works and only shows dwarves that are hungry or thirsty:

d.has_health_issue(11) // Thirsty
|| d.has_health_issue(12)

This shows all dwarves:

d.has_health_issue(11) // Thirsty
|| d.has_health_issue(12) // Hungry

Just adding the trailing comment on the last line seems to make the filter match everyone.

Putting the comments on separate lines seems to work. This is fine:

// Thirsty
d.has_health_issue(11)
// Hungry

But adding a final comment line make it show everyone:

// Thirsty
d.has_health_issue(11)
// Hungry
//foo

BTW, it would be a nice feature if it told us how many dwarves are being displayed when we have filters on. Especially when debugging scripts, it's nice to see if a filter actually did anything, and how much.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Beowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.23.4 | DF 40.06
« Reply #1344 on: August 13, 2014, 12:14:44 pm »

Another Linux option would be to setcap at install; you'd only have to run something as root once, and you'd never disable the global protection. With an rpm/deb package you could make it invisible even.

Care to elaborate? I do not quite get what you mean.
But it does not really matter, it does not need root privileges at all, the way I suggested and handle it.

What would be the exact command(s?) you would still need root for with your approach?
warf mode exists for giving you a break from and to supply sites and stuff for Adventure mode!

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1345 on: August 13, 2014, 12:31:19 pm »

First I assumed that something is missing from the osx df structures, then that there's a problem with the .ini generator lua script, but no matter which script version I use I can't make them show up in DT.

Here's one .ini, this one is generated by the script in your repo. I had to disable the lines with fake identities and soul traits to generate, but I doubt they have anything to do with equipment. Any idea?
any information in the log file? maybe try running with the -debug arg?

I'm having problems with comments in filter scripts.

But adding a final comment line make it show everyone:

// Thirsty
d.has_health_issue(11)
// Hungry
//foo

BTW, it would be a nice feature if it told us how many dwarves are being displayed when we have filters on. Especially when debugging scripts, it's nice to see if a filter actually did anything, and how much.
i'll see about providing errors when testing scripts and about counts.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: August 13, 2014, 01:30:57 pm »

Debug errors:
Code: [Select]
2014-08-13 20:12:27.378 DwarfTherapist[31079:a03] Not authorized
libpng warning: Unknown iTXt compression type or method
AFAIK the not authorised error is from QT 5.2.1 (DT needs authorization flag when compiling with QT5.3, but only compiles without it with QT5.2.1)

And here's a log, I hope you find something relevant.
DT Screenshot. The civilians with the red equipment blocks are woodcutters, miners, hunters.
One soldier for reference.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 01:34:34 pm by fricy »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1347 on: August 13, 2014, 02:18:47 pm »

Debug errors:
Code: [Select]
2014-08-13 20:12:27.378 DwarfTherapist[31079:a03] Not authorized
AFAIK the not authorised error is from QT 5.2.1 (DT needs authorization flag when compiling with QT5.3, but only compiles without it with QT5.2.1)

And here's a log, I hope you find something relevant.
DT Screenshot. The civilians with the red equipment blocks are woodcutters, miners, hunters.
One soldier for reference.
no that log is just the minimal information. what does it show in the tooltips? is it reading any items at all? do the squad members have uniforms that conflict with what they're currently wearing?

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: August 13, 2014, 02:35:03 pm »

The uniform tooltips show legs/chest/feet uncovered for all dwarves. The military uniform is set to replace, and includes chainmail, shirt, boot, shoe, trouser, greaves, gauntlet, helm and a backpack+waterskin. It's my standard uniform, the clothes are added to prevent bad thoughts from being uncovered if they fail to claim some equipment. No conflicting shaped items.
What do you mean by "any items"?

Beowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: August 13, 2014, 02:38:17 pm »

Hi compiled cb50786ddbfe8802e210425b348347656e6b845e
friend in-game becomes family member in DT (talked with ... lately).
warf mode exists for giving you a break from and to supply sites and stuff for Adventure mode!
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 222