Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2061375 times)

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #2910 on: April 03, 2013, 11:12:01 pm »

Every time I play security, I spend the entire round chasing one guy for theft. It's surprisingly hard to catch someone who never stops moving without smart use of flashbangs or dead eye aim. And using flashbangs for medium theft always seems so... excessive.

Then there was that one bar fight with revs. I had no goddamn clue what was going on there. So many people. One disadvantage security has, we all have big red targets painted on us, when its hard to tell revs and idiot civilians who just picked up weapons because they're idiots, apart. (seriously guys if you are not a head or sec, never pick up a weapon unless you plan to actually HELP. Then drop it. Immediately.) And don't complain when we cuff you anyways because seriously, there is no time to sort it all out. Stun everyone there not sec, and cuff then brig them all, and sort it out in the brig. Only safe way to do it.

Also, stop running from Sec. Never ever run from sec. I don't care if you didn't do anything, let us catch you so we can sort it out. If the captain falsely accused you and you're afraid he's going to kill you, RUNNING FROM SEC OFFICERS ISN'T GOING TO HELP. WE WILL NOT LET HIM KILL YOU WITHOUT VALID REASON. USUALLY. BUT ME MIGHT TURN A BLIND EYE IF YOU MADE US CHASE YOU FOR TEN MINUTES. You running distracts us and lets that traitor Captain do whatever he wants while we waste time trying to chase you. So if his objective isn't to kill you, you just pissed the entirety of sec off, and helped the traitor, for no good reason. Also, running is a crime and will just end with more brig time.

DO NOT RUN FROM SEC UNLESS YOU ARE A TRAITOR. DO NOT RUN FROM SEC UNLESS YOU ARE A TRAITOR. DO NOT RUN FROM SEC UNLESS YOU ARE A TRAITOR.

DO NOT RUN FROM SEC UNLESS YOU ARE A TRAITOR.

Or have good cause to fear for your life if they catch you. Or you're the clown. I cannot emphasize this enough. If you do panic and run, turn yourself in at the brig. No one ever actually does this, but it will get you a lessened sentence and leniency. People seem to think running is funny/fun. It is not. It makes playing security even more horrible than it already is, helps traitors, and is really really awful.

Please. Stop running. If a cop tried to pull you over for speeding, would you take off on a high-speed chase? RP-wise running from security on a SPACE STATION WITH NO CHANCE FOR LONG TERM ESCAPE ASIDE FROM KILLING EVERY SEC OFFICER, is horribly stupid. Please stop doing it and just sit in the brig quietly for two minutes. From now on I will give a donut to every person I arrest who doesn't try to run given half the chance. I might even not beat you with my baton.

(joking.)

(of course I'm going to beat you with my baton)

Please.

Please.

Please.

Stop running.

Disclaimer. This post was not intended as a personal rebuke to any person, organization or group. If this post somehow offended you, I'm sorry. It was not intended that way, and you should not take it that way. This post is in no way intended to be hostile or angry, simply to underline a point. If it comes off as such, my apologies. Donuts are delicious. That is all.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: April 03, 2013, 11:44:50 pm »

Turn yourself in. Get locked up for your own safety. Captain walks in and shoots you. Nothing wrong with this plan. If you're the Captain.

Yes, I know what you're really getting at.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #2912 on: April 03, 2013, 11:58:29 pm »

Competition over the ticket would hardly even be a thing. It would probably be easy enough in most people's minds to just find a way to board one of the pods or the shuttle without it.

Which is why all of the pods/shuttles that don't contain a Winning Ticket would be blown up by the AI near the end of the round.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: April 04, 2013, 12:25:02 am »

The people would just get on the same pod as the person with the winning ticket, maybe make sure to cut any sensors so that the AI couldn't tell there were other people.
Nothing important here, move along.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #2914 on: April 04, 2013, 01:16:22 am »

And then they'd explode.

You've dealt with psychopathic AI before, right? :P
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: April 04, 2013, 02:17:41 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If feel this is relevant to the past few things said about Axl. And I plan on writing this into a book when the database is working.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: April 04, 2013, 02:18:40 am »

A smart rogue AI would bolt chemistry so people can't breach your core with thermite.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: April 04, 2013, 03:34:45 am »

My problem is, I'm stuck with an industrial mindset. I know security is understaffed but often I see Engineering is also understaffed, or mining, or Botany, or R&D. Then I get depressed that I missed all the action because miners and botanists spend most of their time locked up in their area. The engineer gets around and sees things but I hate the 2-pixel-width wire clicking when setting up solars. Security is definitely the job for getting involved in action but I see too many other pressing needs that I give priority to.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: April 04, 2013, 05:25:40 am »

I've played HoS before without ever playing Sec Officer. Only in small rounds, luckily. But yeah, security is almost always understaffed. In a certain round, the captain was running around, uploading laws to the AI and screwing with comms. So I spent most of the round looking for him and ended up having to disregard the QM and botanist murdering eachother over some tomatoes. Even when I brought the captain in it didn't end because the HoP tried to get him out and for some reason gave him a cover identity. So yeah, we REALLY need more security. There's more to deal with than you think.

I also agree to the DO NOT RUN FROM SECURITY thing. On ONE term tough: Security shouldn't randomly stun people when they want something from them. Just ask nicely first.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: April 04, 2013, 05:49:28 am »

I usually stop for security, Unless I am the HoP and some random sec officer comes up and starts yelling at me to stop for nothing, I then ask the HoS over the sec channel whats going on with the officer.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: April 04, 2013, 07:33:55 am »

I also agree to the DO NOT RUN FROM SECURITY thing. On ONE term tough: Security shouldn't randomly stun people when they want something from them. Just ask nicely first.

You see, if you did actually do something illegal, if you don't run you are put out of game for at least one minute of brig, plus processing, which doesn't even have the benefit dying has of letting you talk on ghostchat and observe. Running, if done properly, can give a massive rush of adrenaline and be incredibly fun, and does not make either party go and make themselves a cup of tea while your character idles in brig.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: April 04, 2013, 07:43:23 am »

I have a feeling that wall was referring to me... I was a QM a while ago when Captain Sneek walls into the mail office and constantly pushes me down. I return the pushes and eventually he tases me and tries to put me down the disposal. I get up, push him down, take his gun, and tase him with it. Then I push him down the disposal.

He immediately accuses me of assault and the manhunt starts. I feared what would happen if I get caught and left with Sneek, so I ran. Besides, our heroes v. villains gimmick needed a new villain.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: April 04, 2013, 07:56:22 am »

Hm. So that's actually what happened that round. And not everybody is as good at running as you are. Besides, if you haven't done anything illegal, running honestly isn't worth it for either party. And if you run, you have sparked a manhunt and your brig time is increased by the amount of minutes you ran divided by two and then add another 25 percent to that for resisting arrest.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: April 04, 2013, 08:04:33 am »

Hm. So that's actually what happened that round. And not everybody is as good at running as you are. Besides, if you haven't done anything illegal, running honestly isn't worth it for either party. And if you run, you have sparked a manhunt and your brig time is increased by the amount of minutes you ran divided by two and then add another 25 percent to that for resisting arrest.

Actually, it's a win-win that way. If you escape, you have a fun thrill and some challenge, and may eventually even escape safely (cough mebrainingkisameandstealinghisIDclothesandmask cough). If you lose, you have enough brig time to go AFK without any impact on the round, since you're brigged anyway.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: April 04, 2013, 08:11:42 am »

Chases always end in fucking annoyance for me, since they either escape or take my gun and thus automatically becocme unstoppable killing machines.

Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 1654