Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 435731 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Survey Team
« Reply #3045 on: January 01, 2014, 11:38:10 am »

Can one of those auto mapping drones I have left map those tunnels? If yes, send it to do so.

If not, see if the drone has any wheels or easily adjustable rangefinder and thruster sensitivity setting that would allow me to send it on its way to explore without much risk.

If not and if it is possible to reprogram the auto-mapping drone to map enclosed spaces by messing with its settings-programming, get a dynamic bonus for doing so.
((You know what they say: "If you can get a robot to do it for you twice as good, at half the time and at half the risk, do so."))

Else just continue with previous action of "explore, asses structural integrity, note radiation levels and take samples" and inform Anton (Sean's character) that he can use his drones to explore the still intact tunnels in this radioactive hellhole that no man can currently enter.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 11:39:50 am by Parisbre56 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3046 on: January 01, 2014, 07:03:11 pm »

Simus joins him a moment later, giving him the kind of disappointed look that can be felt straight through layers of armor and lead.

((Hey look, a real-life ability of mine has leaked into the game.))

Our business up here is not yet finished, Bishop. Demonstrating the high structural failure rate of the lower floors does not a survey complete. Even if we go now, we'll be coming back up just as quick, and I'm reasonably confident that Anton and his group can handle themselves for the moment.
"Oh don't give me that look. I feel bad enough as it is... Let's just go and help the ground forces already."

Support the ground troops my flying down into a flanking position and take cover, overlooking the wreckage.

Bishop attempts to fly away but simus puts him in a headlock.

Can one of those auto mapping drones I have left map those tunnels? If yes, send it to do so.

If not, see if the drone has any wheels or easily adjustable rangefinder and thruster sensitivity setting that would allow me to send it on its way to explore without much risk.

If not and if it is possible to reprogram the auto-mapping drone to map enclosed spaces by messing with its settings-programming, get a dynamic bonus for doing so.
((You know what they say: "If you can get a robot to do it for you twice as good, at half the time and at half the risk, do so."))

Else just continue with previous action of "explore, asses structural integrity, note radiation levels and take samples" and inform Anton (Sean's character) that he can use his drones to explore the still intact tunnels in this radioactive hellhole that no man can currently enter.
You send one of the auto-mapping drones into the tunnels. It zooms off for a few minutes before returning and giving you some data. This one particular tunnel appears to lead into complex under the main building, at which point it just starts looking like a big 3d hologram of hovering spaghetti, with too many tunnels to keep track of.

"Look alive, people! Movement in the wreckage! Weapons ready, but check your fire, it may be a survivor or a rogue robot of some kind."

Move to the wreckage, Red Hand to taser mode. Check that I can actually fire the Red Hand with the rad suit on - if I can't, safety on, use a pick from the climbing gear as a melee weapon. Let Pancaek or anyone else willing take point in finding the source of movement.
"Roger that, im on my way."

make my way towards the wreckage and try to flank whatever that was, laser it if it proves hostile.
"Affirmative, watch my back."

Move to the wreckage to inspect the source of the noise. Keep my distance if possible. Keep my amps ready to stop attacks. If it is hostile and not human, use microwave amp to heat a 1 foot sphere inside center mass of the target.

The group slowly moves in to investigate the noise. After carefully moving some debris they find what appears to be a survivor wearing an exoskeleton of some kind. Judging from the warning labels on the joints and the general clunky appearance of the machine, it looks civilian. The man in the suit is wearing what looks like a worker suit: a full body suit designed to prevent workers from being injured by chemicals or harmful things in ships. They're not as good as a space suit, but they're still pretty good. His is badly damaged and he seems to have bad burns over one side of his body; what you can see through the torn suit is nothing but blackened flesh and blood. The sound was his hand twitching and causing the exoskeleton to knock against some of the wreckage. It keeps twitching, even after you uncover him. 

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: January 01, 2014, 09:18:40 pm »

"yeah.. i dont think my medkits gonna help this guy, wanna just dose him and take him back to the infirmary?

try to disable the civilian suit so that the joints lock up and he becomes easy to carry, begin dragging him back to the ship making sure to pass pancaek on the way.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3048 on: January 01, 2014, 10:18:27 pm »

Mmmmmm..... Holgraphic tunnel spaghetti....

"Hey, Steve, Simus, anything you want us to do about these tunnels? You want me to collapse them to keep the radiation in? Or are we going to use the radiation? Or rebuilt it with robots? Any ones you want to have explored?"

Ask Steve and Simus. If suggestion given, follow it. Else keep up the exploring/sampling/marking radiation levels/etc until crater is fully mapped. If crater fully mapped, send a drone in one of those Grate affected tunnels to see if they have suffered further changes than mere transfiguration.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: January 02, 2014, 12:05:16 am »

"Gah! Fine, fine! We'll check the rest of the levels up here then! Now let me go!"

Once Simus lets poor Bishop go, continue surveys of the upper levels.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: January 02, 2014, 07:29:34 am »

"Ох ёё... That does not look good at all. Pancaek, do your thing, I'll call a pickup. Auron, leave the survivor alone, he needs quick transportation, not being dragged along."

Anton contacts Simus.

"XO, we have a potential survivor here, and I say potential because it looks like he might stop being one any minute now. Send Bishop here to get him to the Sword, I'd really prefer to have a live survivor on our record rather than a revived one, and he doesn't look like he has much time."

The message sent, Anton leans in close to examine the survivor and his suit while Pancaek administers drugs. Never one to stop being paranoid about deception, he makes a quick check to see that the exosuit and the person beneath are real, rather than a potential trap.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: January 02, 2014, 08:19:26 am »

"Yeah, he's in pretty bad shape. I'm not sdure giving him these drugs might be the best idea at the moment, but I'll radio Steve, as to what to do"

Quote from: Pancaek -> Steve
We've found a "survivor" but he's in critical condition, hanging on by a thread. No way to interrogate and one foot in the grave. Do I still try and administer the drugs or will the medbay guys take care of it?

Send message to Steve. Administer drugs if he says so, either by pill or by jamming in the dart I took out of the magazine. Then let the others take him to medbay

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3052 on: January 02, 2014, 05:00:00 pm »

"yeah.. i dont think my medkits gonna help this guy, wanna just dose him and take him back to the infirmary?

try to disable the civilian suit so that the joints lock up and he becomes easy to carry, begin dragging him back to the ship making sure to pass pancaek on the way.
[aux:2+1]
Hmm. Well you can't find it, but you're pretty sure this suit does have that option on here. Somewhere.

Mmmmmm..... Holgraphic tunnel spaghetti....

"Hey, Steve, Simus, anything you want us to do about these tunnels? You want me to collapse them to keep the radiation in? Or are we going to use the radiation? Or rebuilt it with robots? Any ones you want to have explored?"

Ask Steve and Simus. If suggestion given, follow it. Else keep up the exploring/sampling/marking radiation levels/etc until crater is fully mapped. If crater fully mapped, send a drone in one of those Grate affected tunnels to see if they have suffered further changes than mere transfiguration.

>Too late to keep the radiation out. Don't worry about it, we're probably just gonna have to cover this thing in concrete and move on. For now, just survey for anything of interest and keep moving.

You shrug and continue up, marking anything that looks mildly interesting until you've reconnected with the rest of the team.

"Gah! Fine, fine! We'll check the rest of the levels up here then! Now let me go!"

Once Simus lets poor Bishop go, continue surveys of the upper levels.
She's still got your head bishop. I don't think you can smell what simus is cooking!

Probably because of the space suit. Makes smelling things difficult.

"Ох ёё... That does not look good at all. Pancaek, do your thing, I'll call a pickup. Auron, leave the survivor alone, he needs quick transportation, not being dragged along."

Anton contacts Simus.

"XO, we have a potential survivor here, and I say potential because it looks like he might stop being one any minute now. Send Bishop here to get him to the Sword, I'd really prefer to have a live survivor on our record rather than a revived one, and he doesn't look like he has much time."

The message sent, Anton leans in close to examine the survivor and his suit while Pancaek administers drugs. Never one to stop being paranoid about deception, he makes a quick check to see that the exosuit and the person beneath are real, rather than a potential trap.
You inspect the man. He appears to quite definitely be real, and quite definitely injured. The suit is certainly powerful enough to be dangerous, if wielded with that intent, but the guy is in no shape to move, let alone attack.

"Yeah, he's in pretty bad shape. I'm not sdure giving him these drugs might be the best idea at the moment, but I'll radio Steve, as to what to do"

Quote from: Pancaek -> Steve
We've found a "survivor" but he's in critical condition, hanging on by a thread. No way to interrogate and one foot in the grave. Do I still try and administer the drugs or will the medbay guys take care of it?

Send message to Steve. Administer drugs if he says so, either by pill or by jamming in the dart I took out of the magazine. Then let the others take him to medbay
[/quote]
>No. Pumping him full of memory impairing drugs isn't going to help anyone. Just get him back to sick bay and we can interrogate him later, after he has at least 50% of his skin.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3053 on: January 02, 2014, 06:16:46 pm »

keep up the exploring/sampling/marking radiation levels/etc until crater is fully mapped. If crater fully mapped, send a drone in one of those Grate affected tunnels to see if they have suffered further changes than mere transfiguration.
Keep doing that while half-whistling-half-mumbling a happy tune to myself.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 06:22:50 pm by Parisbre56 »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: January 02, 2014, 07:49:01 pm »

disable that exosuit and carry mr crispy back to the infirmary for treatment/revivification.

Deposit shinies in footlocker, Rejoin team.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: January 02, 2014, 08:25:58 pm »

Flint, for the moment I'd like you guys to make sure that the detonation didn't set off any potential sympathetic collapses further in, for now. We don't want half the area sinkholing from this as we and other teams explore further.

Further up with Bishop, after releasing his head from his body.

((Gah, too late to slide it in before the turn.))
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 11:19:29 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: January 02, 2014, 11:16:33 pm »

Get back to work when Simus let's me go.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: January 03, 2014, 05:15:37 am »

Examine the exosuit for an emergency shutdown. If nothing is found, go look around elsewhere.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: January 03, 2014, 09:15:18 am »

"Well, aren't you a lucky sod. Or a lucky non-sod, as it were." Anton looks around, examining the wreckage around him. "For a given meaning of lucky, of course. The right place and the right time this turned out to be for you, though for an entirely wrong and stupid reason."

Look around. This level was closer to the blast, yet here is a survivor when there were none above. See what, besides the suit, contributed to his survival. Was it something specific to this level's layout? Step outside (the wreckage) to get a view of the rest of the level, and see if there are any more places that could potentially have similar survivors.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: January 03, 2014, 09:33:10 am »

"Steve says to just get the poor sod to the infirmary. I suppose it would be better for someone who can fly to take him. "

Keep an eye on the 'survivor' to see if there is any funny business. If there si funny business, react accordingly. If he's taken away, join Anton in looking around some more
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 243