Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 435705 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Survey Team
« Reply #3225 on: January 14, 2014, 05:42:36 pm »

((If people whose characters are not in this group get a vote, then I'll vote for more ships.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: January 14, 2014, 06:04:29 pm »

((6 ships. Sorry, Unholy, but we really want to have mobile firepower and transports instead of a DIY kludgebot.))
I think 90% of what i needed has been salvaged anyway, i could probably fabricate the joints i need from scrap metal and construct the thing, id just need to roll well.

As for repairing the shuttle reactor... i may have to just delegate that to the surviving workers but in my mind 6 ships and a giant kludgebot is doable.))

((That's not your stuff, what has been salvaged. That's stuff that would be going toward the 6 ships.

Which we're doing. Sorry, but kludge vs. having another 6 intact ships is a fairly clear fight, with 6 ships winning handily.))
((The shit that i have collected with my helpers so far, except maybe the reactor, couldnt even be used to fix a single ship let alone 3, im pretty sure piecewise means the wreckage we are going pull up from the pit.

You guys build your 6 ships, im gonna take my shit over to the nuclear slag pit and make the structural supports i need instead of salvaging them, then we will have 6 ships and a giant robot.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: January 14, 2014, 06:33:31 pm »

((6 ships. Sorry, Unholy, but we really want to have mobile firepower and transports instead of a DIY kludgebot.))
I think 90% of what i needed has been salvaged anyway, i could probably fabricate the joints i need from scrap metal and construct the thing, id just need to roll well.

As for repairing the shuttle reactor... i may have to just delegate that to the surviving workers but in my mind 6 ships and a giant kludgebot is doable.))

((That's not your stuff, what has been salvaged. That's stuff that would be going toward the 6 ships.

Which we're doing. Sorry, but kludge vs. having another 6 intact ships is a fairly clear fight, with 6 ships winning handily.))
((The shit that i have collected with my helpers so far, except maybe the reactor, couldnt even be used to fix a single ship let alone 3, im pretty sure piecewise means the wreckage we are going pull up from the pit.

You guys build your 6 ships, im gonna take my shit over to the nuclear slag pit and make the structural supports i need instead of salvaging them, then we will have 6 ships and a giant robot.))

((No, it is all general salvage (which nobody owns - not you, not me, not sean, nobody. It is the property of the group, not any single individual - and you can't argue that like you tried with that busted cloak, you were not alone in gathering it and were, in fact gathering it under direct orders) and it is more than likely that PW included it in the estimate for repairing the 3 that we would not be able to repair if you continue to gather salvage to build your kludge.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: January 14, 2014, 07:06:05 pm »

((I wasnt salvaging under orders, i asked piecewise if i could make a robot and he said yes so i started pulling wrecjs apart.
Everyone or at least the majority of the other salvagers were "helping Auron" not salvaging under orders.
Piecewise may or may not of included it, but im betting the 3 ship cost is just because i would need a shitload of supports and hull plating which i can make from the pooled metal in the pit instead.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: January 14, 2014, 07:39:39 pm »

((I wasnt salvaging under orders, i asked piecewise if i could make a robot and he said yes so i started pulling wrecjs apart.
Everyone or at least the majority of the other salvagers were "helping Auron" not salvaging under orders.
Piecewise may or may not of included it, but im betting the 3 ship cost is just because i would need a shitload of supports and hull plating which i can make from the pooled metal in the pit instead.))

Flint, and Auron, you're on primary salvage duty. I'll try to get you some help, and some heavy lifting, but for now your task is simple. Take my salvage chart, and prepare everything for being taken out. Ships marked for salvage are to be freed of debris and hauled out into an open area of the level, if you can, without further damage. Ships marked for parts are to be cut loose via any available means, tear them to pieces if need be, and I would prefer to see at least most of those pieces in the salvage yard first. We'll sort out the usable and valuable pieces once we're done decontaminating everything. If only for the safety of the unshielded people you might be walking past, hold off on the looting till then.

((Any salvage done was under the orders given by Anton in that post and posts later, none of which contradicted the orders given you here. Helping Auron has, so far, been translated as following his orders, as it should be. That you posted actual actions does not mean you were not still following orders you were given. Even if you ignored them and were doing it for yourself.

And PW did not and does not give in character permission. He said you could as in he would, within the limits of the game, allow it. Not that you were allowed to. It's ability, not permission.))
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 07:49:27 pm by PyroDesu »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: January 14, 2014, 07:58:54 pm »

((I was salvaging stuff, anton ordered me to only salvage ships marked for parts, thats as far as that went.

I asked piecewise if i could build a robot, he said yes. That equates to "Steve will let me" which is permission.

Look, i dont wanna clutter the thread with another argument, if piecewise says you need my parts ill give them to you, ill be pissed that my time has been wasted but im not gonna hoard the shit if its actually needed.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: January 14, 2014, 08:01:43 pm »

((Yeah. Getting the details from piecewise and working things from there is preferable to starting yet another argument.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: January 15, 2014, 12:51:56 am »

((I think we can do a lot more with 6 ships than with 1 kludgebot. Sorry dude.

And when you asked piecewise if you could build a robot and he said yes, I think he was saying that it's possible for your character to build a robot and not that Steve gave you permission to make one. Did you, in character, ask Steve for permission to make a robot from the ships?))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: January 15, 2014, 01:09:14 am »

((I think we can do a lot more with 6 ships than with 1 kludgebot. Sorry dude.

And when you asked piecewise if you could build a robot and he said yes, I think he was saying that it's possible for your character to build a robot and not that Steve gave you permission to make one. Did you, in character, ask Steve for permission to make a robot from the ships?))
((Or, really, anyone's permission? You just made a list and started assembling parts. None of the characters, Steve included, have the slightest idea what you're planning. Anton, for instance, would be all for making a robot out of free scrap and salvage, after the current task is done, because one thing at a time. And he'd have a few words to tell you about building a robot out of shuttle parts, that can't transform into a shuttle. ^_^))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: January 15, 2014, 01:28:57 am »

((Having aircraft that can transform into an assault mech would be pretty cool to have. Inefficient and needlessly difficult to design and make, but cool nonetheless.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: January 15, 2014, 02:15:19 am »

((Having aircraft that can transform into an assault mech would be pretty cool to have. Inefficient and needlessly difficult to design and make, but cool nonetheless.))
((The way I see it, a combat shuttle is a great thing, but it has that huge drawback in that it's only really useful as long as it's flying, and it's relatively easy to render unflyable. So a shuttle that lands, then sprouts legs and arms and proceeds to wreck all kinds of havoc is an even better thing.

Even something like a gerwalk contraption could be immensely interesting.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: January 15, 2014, 04:36:58 am »

(( I also vote 6 ships. Sorry, but when a large component of the coming battle is going to be in space, more ships is better. Though it would probably be more *interesting* to go for the robot, just because it will be amusing :P And somehow I imagine we could produce enough ships in a year to make it a moot point. Maybe not though? I'm not sure it's possible to grasp the output capacity of an entire planet that has been turned into a production facility.))

Help out Anton

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: January 15, 2014, 04:50:22 am »

(( I also vote 6 ships. Sorry, but when a large component of the coming battle is going to be in space, more ships is better. Though it would probably be more *interesting* to go for the robot, just because it will be amusing :P And somehow I imagine we could produce enough ships in a year to make it a moot point. Maybe not though? I'm not sure it's possible to grasp the output capacity of an entire planet that has been turned into a production facility.))

Help out Anton
((Personally, I think that if they get ground forces on the planet and have a majority of power in orbit, then they've already won and ground forces don't really matter anymore. I'm sure we can produce a lot of ships once we have the whole planet going, but right now, we don't have it up to our standards so having more immediate ships available is a good thing incase of an early attack.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: January 15, 2014, 06:35:29 am »

Help out Anton
((Personally, I think that if they get ground forces on the planet and have a majority of power in orbit, then they've already won and ground forces don't really matter anymore. I'm sure we can produce a lot of ships once we have the whole planet going, but right now, we don't have it up to our standards so having more immediate ships available is a good thing in case of an early attack.))

((Thing is, orbital power won't do much for them, they can't use their ships for ortillery (that's orbital artillery, ground bombardment) purposes, or even come too near to the planet, since we have control over the antiorbital/lander/giant guass slug laser batteries. And part of the idea is to let them land where we want them to land, where our laser batteries don't cover. Did I mention the minefields? Or the artillery already set to fire on those areas once the mines are done? Or the robots (actual proper robots, not kludgebots, depending on what PW says we got out of the robodome data) and/or cybernetic sods we're going to have on our side, for when the artillery tubes run out of nukes?))

Give video and data from the aurora exploration to Steve and inform him and Simus that it's ok and that it would be useful for hiding things.

Thanks, Flint. Steve, let's go see how much space we've got to work with.

Have Steve fly the shuttle to the outer edge of the aurora, disembark and look inside.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 06:47:37 am by PyroDesu »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: January 15, 2014, 06:58:09 am »

if currently gathered salvage is not needed to repair the 6 new ships:
head over to where all the molten metal pooled after the nuke went off an have the repair bots begin cutting chunks out and shaping them into mechanical shoulder and hip joints, structural supports and hull plating.

If currently gathered salvage is needed:
dejectedly allow it to be taken then crack the shits and kidnap a repair bot whilst heading back to the sword. Among other things.

Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 243