Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Forgotten beasts and forgotten polls. Is there a way to take this down?

I am an option
- 0 (0%)
I am a better option
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 20, 2013, 03:45:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 87

Author Topic: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest 2: Stasno Nokastomsu, A Bloated Towering Ape!  (Read 283394 times)

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile

So, it's been almost a month since Rubal was posted. Will a winner be picked soon? I'm hoping for a new beasty to try out my fledgling pixel art "skills" with.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

So, it's been almost a month since Rubal was posted. Will a winner be picked soon? I'm hoping for a new beasty to try out my fledgling pixel art "skills" with.
I could give a beastie that would give the artists and writers sometihng to do while we wait. I don't think a winner would need to be chosen for it.

Because being Canadian, you love moose
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile

Oooh, I might try this one too. Looks good.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile

I could give a beastie that would give the artists and writers sometihng to do while we wait. I don't think a winner would need to be chosen for it.

Because being Canadian, you love moose
I think the art of Rúbal is all so good, that the votes would probably result in a tie. Anyway, I might try my hand at this one. I practiced making a 16x16 image of the spider and kept getting difficulties with the leg placement, so this should be a bit easier for me.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think the art of Rúbal is all so good, that the votes would probably result in a tie.
Only one person gets to vote (PlutoniumApe), so technically that can't happen. :P

...then again, we have no idea where that guy even is.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 07:26:03 am by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

PlutoniumApe

• Bay Watcher
  • they see me rollin'
    • View Profile
    • Stream Goblin

guys I'm super embarrassed about this
I thought we would vote and based on the votes we would get a winner without me having to do anything
oh how wrong I was

you all did such a great job that it's hard for me to single out any single one of them
but sadly I have to

Just for technique and general execution defero and slowpokez are by far the leading artists
but I guess they already know that. unfortunately this contest is also about creativity ,)

and that's why eotyrannus wins this round
congratulations!

also everyone keep their pencil sketches coming, no matter how shit you think they are
we want to see them. we crave them. shitty masterful art is what this place is all about

also started a little thing, 2 months ago (really? has it been that long?)
Rúbal has already been modded into a nice serpent man hut

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Huzzah! I am win competition! I approve of all other spiders that were drawn, because they're awesome.

For your new forgotten beast, I present to you...

ANGZAK WEBBAD THE FOGGY HELL
Angzak Webbad the Foggy Hell was a forgotten beast. It was the only one of its kind. An enormous hairy ankylosaurid. It has two long, hanging tails and it belches and croaks. Its charcoal hair is unkempt. Beware its fire! Angzak was associated with theft and caverns.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
  • A scaly cat. Beware its acidic webs!
    • View Profile

I have no clue what I am doing here.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile

The fiery beast:

Is there any story behind Angzak, or did you just pick him up from Legends?
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Nice picture. I can almost fell the heat off my screen!  :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I got him from Legends. Forgot what the other contender was, but two-tailed ankylosaur was too awesome to pass up.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

This is too awesome to NOT write about... I MUST MAKE TIME TO WRITE!
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile

Too awesome for words, both the creature as well as Loam's interpretation. Oh well, I might as well see if my sprite art has improved.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile

I got him from Legends. Forgot what the other contender was, but two-tailed ankylosaur was too awesome to pass up.
Excellent. That means I have full creative license:

Heat.
Black grass. Baked mud. Burnt smell, Udib's overdone roasts. Patch of plump helmets, withered, crunch crunch, mushrooms don't crunch. Dwarven wine, drink, wet, water, no water, thirsty, dry, heat.
Red light in the north, campfire? Warm, peaceful, laughter. Friends.
Black bones. Friends.
Burnt smell.
Nausea.
Vomit. Udib's overdone roasts and dwarven wine. Thirsty. Dry.
Heat.
No, I'm fine, just the smell. And everything. Thanks. What's this? Weapons, steel, survived the heat, go up to the barracks. Weapons needed, anything we can scrounge up. Anyone we can scrounge up, soldiers needed, draft. Drafty, breeze in the caverns, hot air and cool air, fire and water. Steam. Hot baths. Warm, peaceful, soap, cleansing, dirt, mud, baked mud, black grass, black everywhere, walls, floor, ceiling, hands, faces, soot, ash, embers, heat.
Heat, ash, fire. Ash logs on the hall fire. The hall, granite pillars carved with eternal faces of stone, friendly faces at the table, Udib's overdone roasts the topic of conversation, of laughter. Udib laughs as well. He has a friendly face as well. Behind him a granite pillar carved with eternal battle. Mosus and the Dragon. Mosus behind his shield, spear outstretched, cuts the Dragon under the scale, black blood pours thick. Spear. Weapons. Weapons needed, to the barracks.
Thunder? Here? No. Cave-in. Dust everywhere, everything covered in white dust, snow, winter, cold. Hot drinks, hot meals, hot fire, comfort. No comfort here, just bones, bones and heat.
Cave-in blocks the stairs? Trapped? No, the garbage dump is still open, to the north. Take the weapons to the north. To the barracks.
Dragons don't live underground. What...?
Everyone stays behind to pick through the rubble, try to unblock the stairs. I go north. North, south, Ironhelm in the south, mountainhome, migrants. Seven years old. Mother and father and brother and milk cow. First time I saw the sun. My eyes couldn't stay open, bright, heat, holy heat, holy bright. Eye of the Lord. Why do we hide from the Lord, father? He is too beautiful to behold.
Father dead. Mother old. Brother, in the military, sixteen. In the barracks. To the barracks.
Red light, brighter. Closer? Warmer. Heat, but no burnt smell. The burnt smell is behind, the black bones are behind. Just warmth, nearness. Warmth of bodies, nearness of bodies, embrace, lips, soft hands, soft face. Warm face. Warm smile, warm laugh. Soft eyes. Warm eyes. Sometimes hot eyes. I had hot eyes too. Our eyes together, our I's together.
Warm eyes. Warm bed. Secret warmth, the fire must be kept low or the enemy will see us. She laughs. Warm kiss. Warm eyes.
Why do we hide from the Lord, he is too beautiful to behold. Too beautiful to hold.
Heat. Closer? Closer. Here. Bright. Eyes? Bright eyes. Warm eyes. The sun? Too beautiful to behold.
Warmth. Heat. Numb. Black.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

*Gives him a drink, simply for the last line*
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 87