poll
- 0 (0%)
A
- 0 (0%)
B
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 83

Author Topic: You're an Urban Vigilante Cyborg. Heading down below.  (Read 103832 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are an Urban Vigilante (A Suggestion Game)
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2013, 02:15:27 pm »

Ok so 2 each for the hand thing and neck clasp, one for the sword.
tie beaker coin flip in for hand.
Move out to a cheap apartment and try to find out about local crimes.

"next i moved out of the flat to a cheaper room down on forest view"
"24b forest view?"
"yes.."

You try to find some where to live, a quick read of the local paper gives you 3 choices:

1) a one bedroom flat in a tower block for £200 per month
2) a small 3 bedroom house in the bad part of town for £400 per month
3) a tiny and dirty bed sit for £65 a week
your currant income is £56.45 per week so you will have to find some more money in the long run if you move out.

Look in the local you note that most of crime seems to happen either the local park or st peters estate an area known for its violent crimes.

You start buying the parts for the fist/glove/hand thing.
As you buy the items you start to hear a strange chanting and you start to feel funny as your vision fades.
When you wake you it is dark, your room is filled with smoke from a incense burner, in the center of the floor you can see a strange signal ringed with runes and symbols.

You feel your eyes drawn to the gauntlet siting in the center of signal.
it appears to be made from metal, a mass of wires hang down one side, runes it all most calls to ware it now, to take it for your fist.

"What you justed blacked out and when you came to it was there?"
"Yes thats is what happen"

As you reach to pick it up you hear the drunken of your room mate echoing down the street.
You glance around the room and see how bad the mess it.

There is a great pile of stuff scatted about the room, half a dead spider, a microwave with the wires hanging out, a pile of empty beer cans, the list go's on and on.

Quickly you just shove every thing under your pile of clothes, throw open the windows and try to remove the makes from the carpet but only manage to spill beer on it. 

Your still trying to shift the mark when your room mate Louise enters the flat.
"Jackie, what hell you do? it looks like a f£%ing bomb went off in here and it smells of weeded.
you'd best tidy up and give me some of that weed later"

Louise stager off to sleep.

You can still feel the gauntlet calling to you to use it.

now what to do?
rent some where?
buy normal items?
look for criminals?

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 11:38:41 am by Funk »
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2013, 03:00:09 pm »

"I went and tried to find out what the glove did, away from other people of course."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2013, 05:46:48 pm »

"So what did it do?, i mean it is just a glove"
"It gave me its power, it made me more.."

You arrive at an warehouse, entering threw a broken window you walk in to the center of the room.
Slowly you take the glove from your bag, it's brass rivets stair back at you like the eye of a cat.

As you slide your fingers in to it, it feel warm and inviting, the hair on the back of your neck stand up as you tighten the last buckle.

You flex your fingers, your hand feel like at is being electrocuted by some eldritch power.
Your not sure what is happening but it feel good, like you are some kind of unstoppable god.

You try to see just what new power you have.
You pick up a brick and throw it at a wall, it fly harder and straiter than any thing you have ever thrown before as it shatters you pick up a second ans crush it in one hand.

"I felt like a god, i was unstop able, a queen of warriors, then it bit me" 
"it "Bit" you? how what went wrong?"
"it bit me is that to hard to understand?.."

A stabbing pain racks your arm, it feel like a giant needle in sucking your blood.
"Racing i tried to remove the gauntlet as my arm grow pale but then it stopped and gave me back my blood, that bit felt good, relaxing, soft, fuzzy"

"So what did you do then?"
"I tried to do a few more things, bending metal bars and so on, i found that only the hand wearing the glove had its power"
"And then?"
"I went home, i was hungry, feeding the gauntlet was hard work then."

As you walk home you can hear Susan's voice
"My friend, you have done a great thing no one has taken the gauntlet of zarkuaer for an eon.
it will be calmer and stronger as you grow used to it, now use it, let it power fight your battles, let be your first step to becoming what you where born to be my child."

"So after this Susan spoke to you what did you do"

Now what to do?
rent some where?
buy normal items?
look for criminals?

« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 02:40:15 am by Funk »
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2013, 07:38:12 pm »

We need a mask to match the glove. Look through the obscure aisles of a comic store for inspiration.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2013, 08:23:44 pm »

Go on a sting operation. Put sugar in a ziplock bag and go on the streets at night. Look for people who want "some" then take them to your warehouse and beat them up. Teach them drugs are bad. Get attention of other drug dealers. Hire them all. Get attention of higher up drug dealers and mobsters. Unleash gang war. When we win, kill of all our men who have committed crime.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2013, 08:25:30 pm »

"I went looking for a mask,is isn't that what crime fighter are meant to do?"

You wonder about town trying to find a mask.
Susan helps you and you quickly work it down to a choice of four:

1) a mask from a cheap costume store £5
2)a wig form the cheap costume store £3.50
3)a black wool balaclava from the army surpluses store. £5
4)a paint baller mask £35

as you look around the army surpluses store, Susan says "there that gasmask, ask about filters you may need it."
the clerk assure you that both mask and fresh fillers are yours for £90 if thats you kind of thing i've got some more stuff in the back.
the way he winks at you as he says it is sleazy and a little outputting.

looking around some more you find
 a machete £45
 a small cross bow  £60
an air pistol £85
air rifle £150
and an endless range of knives £15
a huge amounts of desert camouflaged clothing of every shape and size.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2013, 08:53:38 pm »

Buy the gas mask and then lead him on. The second he does something illegal, beat his face in, and take his wallet. It was all earned illegally, in that case.
If the business is a front for something more sinister, take the money from the register and find the safe.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2013, 09:59:25 pm »

doesn't the fact that you can't think of anything make you curious?
A bit, but I'm also worried...in part because I'm not quite sure what a neck clasp is.

it's reasonable to assume all 3 items are roughly equal in power. i want to see what the GM has in mind for the item that doesn't have an obvious mechanism to function with. i suspect of the three it has the "wierdest" ability, and that's why i'm voting for it.
If you're right, great. If you're wrong, that sucks.

-----

I vote we get the paintball mask and some sort of paint to make it distinctive later. Ideally once we've decided on a theme and developed basic art skills.
MYiI's plan should work.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2013, 07:21:31 am »

" I was just a little curious about just what he was offering so ask him about it..."
-----------------------------------------------------
You lean over the counter smile and ask
"So just what do you have in the back?"

"Oh you'd best see for your self, come with me"

You follow him you to small store room in the back, it is full of goth and punk cloths, not what your looking for.
He asks you " so what size boots do you take?"
"8? why?"
He start to dig thou a pile of boxes.
"Here try these on" he pass you a pair of stiletto heeled boots, there glossy black with silver buckles running up the side.
Great a pair of kinky boot not what you are after at all, you want practicable clothing not stripper gear.

"I think the mask will make thing interesting for now, there is just one thing i have to ask you, 
do you have anything a bit more combat focused? any weapons your can "misplace"? "
he firmly answers "Only what you see out front, the rest needs paper work before i can sell it, sorry."

--------------------------
" i looked at the paper work, there was no way i was legality going to get a gun.."

ok which mask is it to be?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
any weapons
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 12:26:10 pm by Funk »

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2013, 02:37:10 pm »

"I figged Susan told me to get the gasmask for a reason, i wasn't sure what they where i just did it."

"When i got home with it, i planed to stop the local drug dealers that night"
"Marcus "the machete" smith? that was you?"
" yes that was me.."
-------------------------------
You arrive home in the rain,dripping wet you pass Louise watching TV in the front room.

Starting to run a hot bath, you to try on your new mask.

It thick rubbery smell fulls your lungs, you look in the mirror, gone is the face miss Jackie Hall in it stead is an back bug eyed impassive being.
(1+ fear)

----------------
"I tried to remove the Gauntlet, it felt wrong as i unstrapped it, i could feel it retracting, my arm growing weaker.
when i got it off i looked at my hand,there were two large gaping holes leaking blood, look you can still see the puncher marks.
i didn't care about the blood i was ready to go"

You narrow down your choices to three:

1)
2)
Spoiler: Grow house (click to show/hide)
3)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2013, 03:01:40 pm »

"I aimed for their supplies lines, taking down a 'farm' of theirs."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2013, 04:30:55 pm »

"I grabbed some used newpapers out a garbage can, and cut and pasted a stereotypical warning note: 'I'm coming for you. The...' At that point, I realized that I didn't have a name."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2013, 04:32:53 pm »

"I grabbed some used newpapers out a garbage can, and cut and pasted a stereotypical warning note: 'I'm coming for you. The...' At that point, I realized that I didn't have a name."
"I couldn't think of anything, so I asked the voices that told me how to build the gauntlet. They called me the Catalyst."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2013, 05:44:34 pm »

"I couldn't think of anything, so I asked the voices that told me how to build the gauntlet. They called me the Catalyst."
"They also said Judgment or Walker."

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2013, 06:29:44 pm »

note italics are in your head

"My plan was to work my way up the ladder, wipe out the supplies lines one level at a time..."
"That was why you where at 47B north field crescent at 23:30 on 8th of December?"
"They did not take the warning..."

-------------------------------------
You stand round the corner to 47b, hand trembling with nerves, they have ignored your warning so you must stop them.
 slowly in an broken lift filled with garbage you preparer your self , strapping on the mask you stop being Jackie Hall and become the Catalyst.
---------
" The catalyst? was that the best you could come up with?"
" Thats what Dave suggested,Susan said Judgment you will be my Judgment"
" Dave he your boyfriend?  or another voice in your head?"
" DONT YOU MOCK FOOL THEM THERE REAL!! your just mocking cos you dont hear the voices
---------------
You unbandage your wrist, the wounds look much smaller now,the gauntlet slips on easily you barely notice it's soft bite.

As you walk round the cornier it starts to drinks with a soft sucking, in and out.
You proceed the door of 47b.
"The door is to strong, look see how it is bolted in to the wall thee and there, you cant force it.
you must find a way to get it unbolted, try knocking see if they answer

Boldly you knock on the door, a large man in a grubby vest answers you thou a small peep hole.
"What the hell you want at this hour? gimp."
"I am the catalyst face your judgment criminal"  or at least that is what you try to say, sadly it is muffled by your mask.
he opens the door a little, you make out a chain holding it shut.

he turns his head and call out "Marcus you ordered a call girl?"
turning back to you he says "give me a minute to get the door open will you"

what do you do when he opens the door?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 83