Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 913643 times)

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 18th Nov
« Reply #1530 on: November 26, 2016, 11:00:15 pm »

I deleted the graphics folder in the save folder, that took care of the creature sprites issue, the game reverts to ascii if it can't find the graphics i guess.
Thanks for the tips about the colors, although in the meantime i have decided i am okay with the colors changing with the season (even if it makes no sense for stone to change colors...), this way i always know what season it is.
The fuzziness was also resolved for the most part by finding an appropriate zoom setting and changing print mode to 2D.

I would however suggest the GUI and mod be set up in such a way that the default would be pretty much vanilla DF and you have to choose which graphics you want. It seems to me that would make more sense than some non-vanilla graphical setup being arbitrarily chosen as the default.

In other news, i have received my first undead siege, but since i have decaying undead ticked on, the have all become dead again for good, but the SIEGE tag is still on my screen. Will that ever go away or am I stuck in a perpetual siege with no besiegers now?
Edit:
Just got an "undead" siege with all lightning man. They all died almost as soon as they showed up on the map. http://imgur.com/17h8YwI http://imgur.com/T9JNCx2
If your SIEGE tag isn't going away either, this is the same issue I have.

That is a common issue with that mod.  And in vanilla DF.  Seige dies without a large portion being killed by the player, the seige tags remain until anot her army attacks or eventually drops on its after a couple of years.... reasons an army can die without it being you.... fire, freezing temperatures, ice unfreezing under army, lava flows, drownings, thirst, hunger.  It seems that they have to be on someone or thing's kill list, even wild creatures, other uninvited guests, dragons, mega beasts, traps, etc.

The issue of the undead kill mod, is that it's based on the time they have been alive.... which means that since undead armies have been alive at least as long as the March from the nearest tower... they install death the moment they appear on the map.  Generally I run with that option off... I like hammers... 

The option is. Decaying undead, same page with Decaying corpses, Decaying food, Decaying clothes.... I don't like any of these... except Decaying clothes.... it helps to get the dwarfs to actually switch clothes to what I make, instead of being upset about XX clothing.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

redivider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: November 26, 2016, 11:43:25 pm »

Arent maces better though vs undead cuz of the bigger contact area for pulping?
 But ye those decay scripts are bugged to hell and back, I wish there was a way to make clothes just last longer, like why do they decay in 1 year already? Nothing else decays in the game and than theres these clothes that are like ultra-consumer material and all you are doing when you have 150+ dorfs is looking at bits of clothing scattered around.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 11:47:01 pm by redivider »

thfrgi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: November 27, 2016, 07:16:23 am »

Yeah, I figured that mod was the issue, so in my new fortress I left it unticked.
The issue now is that I have 80+ undead milling about outside my fortress, and no way of dealing with them :c I only have about 80 population.
These particular sieges strike me as being rather OP, same thing happened in a previous fort, around 40 pop, bam, 60 undead arrive... I don't focus on getting a strong military early on as i usually prefer to wait until i've got at least steel, and most normal sieges can be dealt with easily, but this is just too much undead...

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: November 27, 2016, 10:36:36 am »

You can also turn it on and off from dfhack.  Forget the command, I think it's decayundead enable.  Not sure it shows in the ls list.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Rojber

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: November 27, 2016, 03:46:23 pm »

Yeah I had to abandon the world where I embarked near a tower not only because so frequent zombie sieges but actually some hydromancers with some water elemental minions that vanished after few seconds and never came back and made eternal SIEGE status. I thought they just stealthied somewhere but I hauled animals and millitary around the block and nothing happened

redivider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: November 29, 2016, 04:42:47 pm »

I lost my siege tag pretty soon, I think you have a necromancer stuck or hidden somewhere.

Atramedes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: November 30, 2016, 10:26:13 am »

I'm having an issue with Leatherwing bats. The skins that are produced from shearing don't appear to be tannable, I have the tallow necessary and everything but they won't allow me to tan them.

redivider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: November 30, 2016, 02:48:44 pm »

Does the steam magma engine work for anyone? I got everything correct and finally got the stoke boiler job appeared but as soon as it *almost* finished the game crashed, and it always does, seems like theres a bug with this dfhack plugin or is it just me?

Buel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: December 02, 2016, 05:38:50 pm »

So! I recently re-downloaded this wonderful mod as I wanted to wait for more features. But it seems my game keeps crashing during world gen! I should note, I have re-downloaded it twice and tried a few different histories and even map size. :<
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 05:42:00 pm by Buel »

Nightcore Angel

• Bay Watcher
  • Noice! Now, keel over and DIE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: December 03, 2016, 01:10:22 am »

So! I recently re-downloaded this wonderful mod as I wanted to wait for more features. But it seems my game keeps crashing during world gen! I should note, I have re-downloaded it twice and tried a few different histories and even map size. :<
This is isn't exactly because of world size, while it is a great contributing factor, its more of your computer running out of memory. Try to unpark your cpu or free some RAM

Buel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: December 03, 2016, 10:58:25 am »

OH SNAP! D: I didn't realize how much memory I had left. Well thank you a lot for letting me know, buddy!

Buel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: December 03, 2016, 03:05:59 pm »

It appears even after clearing up a lot of memory, the still will still either crash on loading of a world or just for no reason. Shame. :/

blapnk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: December 03, 2016, 05:47:24 pm »

Did you change any options in the gui? Does it crash during worldgen when leaving all the settings as default, without touching anything from a fresh install basically? Because if that works then its just a process of elimination for what setting breaks the game. If it doesn't, then it's more technical.

Buel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: December 03, 2016, 07:23:05 pm »

See, i've enabled features and stuff and disabled features etc. And when I gen a short history on medium with a few things up. It'll make it in a few minutes. But if I do anything on my computer when it's generating, it'll sometimes crash. But when I choose my embark supplies it too, will sometimes crash. Or when ever I save, it'll sometimes crash. I have a pretty new computer that's up to date I should note. Finally, I do not have really many races set as forts, and or active. I only use like 3 non civs, like badgerman etc.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: December 04, 2016, 03:13:50 am »

It's been a while since I played. What's the corect course of going from the MW launcher to playing? Create new world with advanced parameters seems like that at first, but night reature count doesn't seem to match...

"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 166