Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4114680 times)

Nr12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_24 Starter Pack r8
« Reply #2505 on: April 04, 2015, 03:18:12 am »

Anyone who've managed to fix this? I was hoping to do some dorfing' around here over easter, but the jumbled graphics are just too much of a distraction.

frightlever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: April 04, 2015, 12:57:51 pm »

Anyone who've managed to fix this? I was hoping to do some dorfing' around here over easter, but the jumbled graphics are just too much of a distraction.

Remember that the RAWs are in TWO places. The original RAWs used for world generation, and the copy in your save file. You need to replace the copy in your save file if you've already generated a world. Took me almost twenty minutes to figure that out, but I'm old.

KapTaiN_KaVerN

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: April 04, 2015, 02:18:13 pm »

Hi guys

Here is how i've done it

Grab and run the earlier version (r7) and set the tileset to the one you choose (for me Spacefox) then launch DF from the launcher and load a fort, (If needed create a tiny world and launch at least a fort), quit by saving it. This is for DF been able to create the actual SAVE folder (if you have download the r7 version again there will be no save at all).

Now go to the r7 folder and copy/paste the "graphics" folder from "./r7_folder/Dwarf Fortress 0.40.24/raw" to "./r8_folder/Dwarf Fortress 0.40.24/raw"

Don't forget to do the same with the "graphics" folder from "./r7_folder/Dwarf Fortrss 0.40.24/data/save/region1/raw" to the one at the same location in the r8 folder (Like Frightlever mention earlier, thx mate that was my problem  :D )

Now as long as you don't touch graphic option from the launcher (I'm pretty sure it's gonna be fixed soon :D) your tileset should work. It does with mine ;)

Thx to PeridexisErrant, SpaceFox/LeoCean, Capt'n'Duck, Meph,...  and all (there is simply too much) who work hard and free of charge for us and of course thx to The Toady
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 02:46:00 pm by KapTaiN_KaVerN »

xenofeel

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: April 04, 2015, 03:51:05 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Thanks man. It works.

pecazp

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: April 04, 2015, 03:56:48 pm »

Thx to PeridexisErrant, SpaceFox/LeoCean, Capt'n'Duck, Meph,...  and all (there is simply too much) who work hard and free of charge for us and of course thx to The Toady
This of course, so much. I joined forum to say thanks and my first post was like 'hey this doesn't work' :) THANK YOU :D

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: April 07, 2015, 05:17:03 am »

PyLNP 0.9.6 is now up. There have been many changes for this version, most notably a fix for the problem where installing a graphics pack would completely fail to work and show the wrong images in-game.

Additionally, a variety of bug fixes have been implemented, and some new functionality: a basic raw checker, and the ability for the user to choose whether or not to merge in graphics when dealing with mods.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: April 07, 2015, 05:44:01 am »

PyLNP 0.9.6 is now up. There have been many changes for this version, most notably a fix for the problem where installing a graphics pack would completely fail to work and show the wrong images in-game.

I've been working on this for two days - I know!  A release will be up in a few hours, once I've tested the other stuff I've added...
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: April 07, 2015, 05:52:41 am »

I've been working on this for two days - I know!  A release will be up in a few hours, once I've tested the other stuff I've added...
Lol, chill out, the post was meant for the users, not for you.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_24 Starter Pack r9
« Reply #2513 on: April 07, 2015, 07:45:10 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 40_24 r9!  As usual, you can get it here.

The biggest, best, bugfix batch in a long time.  Graphics installation works again.  Truetype should just work.  Scripts to 'fix' animals (by adjusting breeding ability) or show item info... work.  Modern checksums work. 

This version is just better, and you should get it.  So what are we waiting for?  Strike the Earth!

Changelog:
 - updated PyLNP to 0.9.6; fixes graphics bug and misc improvements including mods logic
 - added fixster.lua; script to alter animal fertility
 - added autoresetgrid.lua; fixes Truetype issue through DFHack (in bugfixes setting)
 - removed df_text_fixer utility (due to the above)
 - updated view-item-info.lua
 - removed nb_item_info.lua (obsolete due to the above)
 - switched to using SHA256 checksums; following DFFD's implementation

SHA256:  61f4061a7742aceb62d1894991540a8ffd92f582c5ee8faccf8739ce7ed29dcc
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: April 07, 2015, 08:31:28 am »

The biggest, best, bugfix batch in a long time.  Graphics installation works again.  Truetype should just work.  Scripts to 'fix' animals (by adjusting breeding ability) or show item info... work.  Modern checksums work. 

This version is just better, and you should get it.
As if you've ever put out a version that's there to make things worse :)

Great work as always, very appreciated!

Edit: The "get it here" link points to Wimbli, which is being moody at the moment.  The actual repository at dffd.bay12games.com is functioning normally.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 08:35:16 am by Dirst »
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Friti

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Roo. Hop to it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: April 07, 2015, 10:30:48 am »

Time to ping the collective consciousness of expertise here I think...  This is probably something simple I'm overlooking...

My DF window is constantly flickering (once every second or two), something I don't recall having issues with in prior versions.  Any thoughts as to what may be causing this?  I have a sneaking suspicion there was a change with the graphics system with this new release.

Flickering doesn't appear till one is selecting a fortress location, and persists through embark and into Fortress mode.  DF/DFHack console window shows a spam of 'reshape_graphics' messages that may or may not be related.  These continuously spawn during world generation/location selection, but messages stop when in actual fortress/game mode.  Flickering persists regardless. 'Reshape_Graphics' spam returns when one hits 'esc' to abandon a fortress.

DF Version: 40_24 Starter pack r9     (Pulled down from Two's Mirror - Office blocks dffd due to 'possible malware threat')
No other mods.
Default Phoebus graphics pack/options.
No messages in ./Dwarf Fortress 40_24 Starter Pack r9/stderr.txt
./Dwarf Fortress 40_24 Starter Pack r9/Dwarf Fortress 0.40.24/stderr.log  reports  'Plugin twbt has failed to shutdown'

I'm not at a glance seeing any other logs or files of note, but if there's more to snag from I'd welcome knowing where they're located.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 10:35:24 am by Friti »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: April 07, 2015, 11:41:56 am »

My guess is that it's a TwbT issue triggered by the autoresetgrid script, since it doesn't occur without TwbT (at least on my end). You can disable autoresetgrid in dfhack.init (or possibly another .init file in the DF folder) by prepending "#" to the "autoresetgrid enable" line.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

KapTaiN_KaVerN

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: April 07, 2015, 12:35:56 pm »

Pfiou So Fast

You're a legendary package thresher aren't you?

Thx a lot Man.

Much Respect o7

nearlyNonexistent

• Bay Watcher
  • "What for, robbery?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: April 07, 2015, 12:55:55 pm »

Is there a reason this uses 800x600 instead of 16x16 on the ASCII graphics option?
Famous for stupidity and humor.

Admiral Obvious

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: April 07, 2015, 05:13:55 pm »

Time to ping the collective consciousness of expertise here I think...  This is probably something simple I'm overlooking...

My DF window is constantly flickering (once every second or two), something I don't recall having issues with in prior versions.  Any thoughts as to what may be causing this?  I have a sneaking suspicion there was a change with the graphics system with this new release.

Flickering doesn't appear till one is selecting a fortress location, and persists through embark and into Fortress mode.  DF/DFHack console window shows a spam of 'reshape_graphics' messages that may or may not be related.  These continuously spawn during world generation/location selection, but messages stop when in actual fortress/game mode.  Flickering persists regardless. 'Reshape_Graphics' spam returns when one hits 'esc' to abandon a fortress.

DF Version: 40_24 Starter pack r9     (Pulled down from Two's Mirror - Office blocks dffd due to 'possible malware threat')
No other mods.
Default Phoebus graphics pack/options.
No messages in ./Dwarf Fortress 40_24 Starter Pack r9/stderr.txt
./Dwarf Fortress 40_24 Starter Pack r9/Dwarf Fortress 0.40.24/stderr.log  reports  'Plugin twbt has failed to shutdown'

I'm not at a glance seeing any other logs or files of note, but if there's more to snag from I'd welcome knowing where they're located.

I've been noticing this too, same issue. I ran the game with no plugins or extensions from DFHack except the bug-fix utility, and it's still "blinky".

Edit: After waiting for a new worldgen on a large world, I went back to the DFHack console, and it was completely filled with Re size Graphics, and it just kept going and going. I think it's an issue with DFHack.

Edit2: I disabled DFhack, and there's no blinking issues here. Too bad, but I guess you can figure it out.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 05:57:31 pm by Admiral Obvious »
"I have a rock here for you.  No animals or plants died bringing you this rock.  How fast do you want me to throw it at you?"
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 385