Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 50

Author Topic: You Are A Kai Queen, 2.0: Week 3  (Read 54396 times)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, 2.0: Night 12 - Slow Ride {Tactics Mode Engaged}
« Reply #585 on: July 21, 2013, 09:42:34 pm »

Mmm, it might be a low transfer rate because the humans aren't built for it. Shooting a bucket vs reaching into one.
I was thinking, if we get some useful data, we could do the process for a couple dozen of these hairless monkeys and collate the data- but that doesn't seem too feasible. Perhaps we should do some experiments on the other monkey blueprints we found (the intelligent orangutans?)- come up with a way to efficiently tap their minds?

I don't know if we can take advantage of this opportunity though.

WAit, is the low bandwidth because of our distance from the subject?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: July 21, 2013, 09:48:03 pm »

I wonder if it would be somehow possible to "mind control" humans via inducting them into the hive mind.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Noxes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah, Dwarf Fortress!
« Reply #587 on: July 21, 2013, 09:51:07 pm »

WAit, is the low bandwidth because of our distance from the subject?
That's rather what I was thinking. I say nab one and let's find out, if the brain scanning works out less than stellar at least we have a subject for other bio-science experiments.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Re: You Are A Kai Queen, 2.0: Day 12 - Slow Ride
« Reply #588 on: July 21, 2013, 09:57:00 pm »

FRostbyte:
You lay an additional egg, and then set out to examine the Human-Client's brain. It would appear that the pre-structures needed for psychic work are indeed there, but that there is currently no way in which the Flowers - or You - could establish the needed links to integrate them into the Hivemind. It is entirely possible that they could Listen, but they could not share in the Harmony.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 09:59:51 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: July 21, 2013, 09:59:41 pm »

Ah. Didn't remember that. Never mind me, just pointless speculation over here.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #590 on: July 21, 2013, 10:04:32 pm »

Mmm, I dunno about nabbing a person yet- we have a good analogue in that chimp we have. I'd rather we figure out a way to open their minds, (a biological implant of sorts, perhaps?), and to do so before we kidnap someone.
Badges of honor

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: July 21, 2013, 10:12:15 pm »

Right next to You? Like pages in a book, once you pick up how their silly mammal brain works. A Scout? Even if it was feasting on the brains it'd have trouble processing it. It doesn't have the brain for it.

Also, Human-Clients are not human. They are species that has gone beyond "Advanced domestication/enslavement" and into "These lesser species have earned the right to earn a mind", and are within 1.5% of genetic variance from humans.

By the way, It is plausible to bring home a subject, if said subject is light enough and You deal with the Scouts and their hunger for his delicious mammal flesh. It may even be possible to bring one home alive, although You already have figured out the whole "Humans can't breathe on Mars very well" concept.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #592 on: July 21, 2013, 10:23:14 pm »

Ok, well now. Seeing as how there is enormous promise in capturing a live human:

We'll want to figure out a way to get one suited up and outside the craft. Then we grab him.

Does the ship have any obvious weapon mounts?

Problem: air capacity. If the guy's just going out to replace the tire, I don't see him going two days on whatever O2 he brought with him.

I think I see the value of a brain-scout now.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 10:25:21 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor

Noxes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah, Dwarf Fortress!
« Reply #593 on: July 21, 2013, 10:29:15 pm »

I was just musing on that...

So, we move the scouts outside the path we came in with enough other loot to be interesting without threatening their ability to fly with the "extra burden" we are about to acquire. Once the scouts are outside the craft have one of them jam something in a door seal into the engine room we found near our entrance and drain the rooms atmosphere. As there were no explosions or other anomalous things (besides the depressurization) the security on the repair detail should be light, and more importantly the repair detail will have pressure suits on. Blast only those who threaten the mission, grab a worker and fly for home as quickly as they can. Stay focused on the scouts to try and prevent any errant nibbling and have food ready for their arrival. After that we shall rifle through the mammals mind and either have him read the books and pillage the contents from him or see if we can acquire its language processes.

Edit:
Problem: air capacity. If the guy's just going out to replace the tire, I don't see him going two days on whatever O2 he brought with him.
Hmm, that's a good point. We have no idea how good suit tech is by this point so he might not make it even in the suit. OH WELL, guess we get to find out XD
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 10:31:04 pm by Noxes »

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #594 on: July 21, 2013, 10:34:33 pm »

I would rather egress and develop a brainbug that lets us do this at range, without need for messy kidnap ops.
Badges of honor

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: July 22, 2013, 12:15:30 am »

We should be wary of adapting too much towards a single opponent. And it seems doubtful that these are representative of their species, as they are clearly not adapted to this environment.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #596 on: July 22, 2013, 12:57:29 am »

Brain-bug is indeed a niche role, but one that would see use whenever we encounter a new race.

((Are you posting in-character or am I confused?))
Badges of honor

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: July 22, 2013, 02:56:03 am »

I'd say we watch out with drawing attention. It can become quite dangerous.

We can, also, try to change the pirate ships direction in some way or another.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #598 on: July 22, 2013, 03:17:25 am »

I seem to be lurking at all the right times.

Agreed ebbor- the thing was, kidnapping one of these was a unique opportunity. They're pirates, so information wouldn't get to the Administration very fast, and if so it would be questioned, (at least by those that don't work in intelligence). It also means we wouldn't have to worry about reprisal except from some janky pirate rig & their friends, which means we could probably evade & forget about them. Meanwhile, we'd be able to leaf through the mechanic's head like a book if we got them home alive. A massive boon....if. The fact they're 2 days hard flight out means there's no chance we'll get them back. (Although, if my lack of noticing the same problem so far in the punitive mars expedition thread is any indication, they may have some sort of reverse oxygen-fixing system. But then again, on janky space pirates?)
Anywho, Brain bug! We can use it on their leaders n shit!

Dunno about changing their course- in the first place, how would we do that when they navigate with electronic instruments? Secondly, would we really want them to drive back toward the Hive?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 03:19:22 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: July 22, 2013, 03:27:02 am »

That is, if they survive. This would be our first specimen, and well, humans tend to be pretty fragile when you mess with their brain.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 50