Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 161

Author Topic: Marooned in Morrowind (FINISHED)  (Read 407046 times)

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game
« Reply #405 on: June 20, 2013, 05:31:39 pm »

That'd be something worth knowing, though. The loot being gone, I mean. Then we'd be in a position to at least a little more accurately gauge how powerful the PC is. And if the PC is taking things the Thieves Guild wants, well then that makes things interesting. I do see your point though, but there are inherent risks with any of the choices to align ourselves towards. The counter to your counter however, is that stealing smart could avoid most of their issues. Someone with a mind for opportunity (of which I assume many of us are) could easily bypass most of your negatives. Then again the same argument could be made for just about anything we decide on.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 20, 2013, 06:03:29 pm »

If we do sign up, let there be no missions. If we make a sticky septim, we'll agree to give them some at a time convenient for us. I don't know how powerful they really are, though, as plenty of people seem to get away with banditry, petty larceny, and pickpocketing without having to give them a cut.

But most importantly, we'd still have to pay for training. Nicking goblets and silverware will only pay for that slowly, and to make money faster on stealing we'd have to go after bigger and riskier marks. If we do sign an agreement with the Thieves, let's only steal opportunistically and just give them a cut. Let's not make it our career.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 20, 2013, 06:54:16 pm »

Maybe we can get on the upper hand of this "training" stuff- while we're going about our other tasks in Balmora, let's see if anyone needs math tutoring.

We should also definitely go to the Thieve's guild. I don't think we stand to lose anything by it.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 20, 2013, 07:30:35 pm »

*Facepalm* I'm blind. You know who'd hire us for math skills? The government! Next time we swing by Seyda Neen, let's ask if the Census Office needs any help with paperwork. Our secretarial skills are trained to perfection from being in the US educational system.

EDIT: Key word here is "next time we swing by"
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 07:48:47 pm by HugoLuman »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 20, 2013, 07:32:25 pm »

I like that idea.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 20, 2013, 07:37:03 pm »

*Facepalm* I'm blind. You know who'd hire us for math skills? The government! Next time we swing by Seyda Neen, let's ask if the Census Office needs any help with paperwork. Our secretarial skills are trained to perfection from being in the US educational system.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 20, 2013, 08:17:59 pm »

Hey, if we join the legion and show them our skills me might get shoved into officer training or something!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 20, 2013, 08:49:40 pm »

Important note
From now on, put game suggestions in bold. Comments not in bold will be assumed to be discussion.

Episode 24: Perhaps, necromancy?

write a note on paper saying that we know about her necromancy and would like to be her apprentice.
I'm changing my vote to giving the necromancer a note
The orc could be useful. Appeal to her vanity.
support
let's approach the Necromancer in as non-threatening a way as possible, probably with a note.
yeah, approach the Necromancer.

I don't see how the necromancer is beneficial. if we absolutely have to confront her, do not write her a note.
I also advise against any attempts to confront necromancer,

Sharn continues to glare at you. Thinking for a moment, you take a step away and pull out your notepad and begin writing.

-- I would like to learn the art of necromancy. Please teach me.

By the time you've finished writing, she's gone back to what she's doing, and is ignoring you. You hold the paper up to her and wait. She keeps trying to ignore you, but you persist. Eventually she angrily snatches the notepad from your hands and starts to...frown and inspect it. She looks at it closely, turns it over and examines the cardboard backing, then uses a finger to flip through the various sheets. Apparently she finds the paper more interesting than the message. Eventually she gives up her inspection, goes back to frowning and reads the note.

She freezes, then looks into your eyes with deep-seated anger and suspicion. Saying nothing she grabs a quill from her shelf and begins writing a response.

-- I am no necromancer. Necromancy is forbidden. I would never disobey edicts of the wise and glorious tribunal temple. Also, necromancy is wrong.

Despite the seriousness of her glare, you can't help but smirk at the too-obvious denial. You write a response.

Appeal to her vanity.
support

-- That's a shame because necromancy is such a wonderful art worthy of love and devotion. Also, I think you're pretty and you should definitely teach me.

She rolls her eyes and writes yet another response. A short one.

-- I can't teach you necromancy.

-- Why not?

She doesn't write a response right away. Instead she stares at the notepad. Her hand slowly drops towards her waist and she continues to stare, thinking.

-- It is forbidden by the temple, and loathed by the people. Necromancers are hunted and killed. To be a necromancer is to forever remain either hidden in plain sight and unable to practice, or an outcast all alone with no company but one's creations. Do you truly wish to learn?

You write a quick response.

-- Yes

She writes yet another response. This time, a long one. She reads it over and glances around the room before showing it to you, keeping her hand firmly on the notepad rather than handing it to you.

-- I cannot teach you necromancy. I am not a necromancer. Necromancy is wrong. Praise ALMSIVI. However, perhaps if you have the time you could be of assistance to me in a completely unrelated matter that is definitely not necromancy because necromancy is wrong. Just south of Pelegiad is the Andrano ancestral tomb. Perhaps you could visit the tomb and retrieve the skull of Llevule Andrano for me. Not merely any skull will do. It must be his.

When you're done reading, you look her in the eyes, and she tears the page from the pad and casts a quick fire spell to burn it to ashes.

Fortunately you do get the rest of the notepad back.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

What do you do?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 20, 2013, 09:08:59 pm »

Head to the tomb, making whatever preparations would be sane for a tomb raiding expedition.

Although I can't think what those preparations would be.  Suggestions on how to improve our survivability?
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 20, 2013, 09:10:41 pm »

We should take a look at the tomb, if we find ourselves headed that direction. Just a look, mind, until we have a good plan. With the risk of cliff racers as we head past Fort Moonmoth, we could stop by peligaid for our other business, provided we were walking to Seyda Neen. Now, the main danger in going to Pelagaid is Nels Llendo, a charismatic bandit. Our only defense against him would be appealing to his vanity. We'd need to go around the back of the town to avoid him. Either that, or dress up as a woman before encountering him, since then he'll just flirt.

Let's not leave Balmora just yet, we must decide if there's anything else worth doing here. Pick up the rest of an alchemy set while we're here.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 20, 2013, 09:14:12 pm »

Stealing is alright. Dabbling in necromantic magic is fine. But do not desecrate, remove, or otherwise screw with the remains of a tomb. Not only are there going to be enemies to die against, but we're breaking, like, the only rule on magic in Morrowind. This seems more dangerous than any of the other options we mulled over. Not only that, but we know the Thieves Guild keeps tabs on stealing. In fact...

Go to the Thieves Guild, tell them you have someone interested in acquiring an item. If asked, tell them what it is, but do not mention Sharn. I'm sure they understand how it works anyway. This way we can maybe get help from them if we do decide to go skull snatching, and we avoid stepping on their toes if they are as monopolist about theft as we think.

EDIT: And apparently there's a Dagger of Judgement next to the Skull. If majority decides to go for the skull, let's remember to keep an eye out for the dagger. If it's not there, then we know the PC is going for fat lute.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 09:17:05 pm by Man of Paper »

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 20, 2013, 09:19:34 pm »

Hide our money somewhere.  When we pass the bandit guy, say we're poor.  Then say we're heading to a tomb that is supposed to have many riches.  Tell him that if he helps us clear out the tomb, that he can keep most of the money if he just leaves us with a bit of the treasure.

Have him clear the tomb and then grab the skull.

How will we recognize the skull?

Man of Paper: good idea but we don't have enough money.
It's really not too hard to loot a tomb though.  Assuming proper equipment or some help.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 20, 2013, 09:23:30 pm »

I'm confused. Nothing I suggested requires money. Though if I fudged something somewhere let me know so I can clear it up. If it's about the dagger, that's an item right next to the skull. And remember, it's not hard for us to loot a tomb, but poor Mikey's been nerfed to hell and back. He had an issue with rats, and the tomb's going to have lesser skeletons and bonewalkers or whatnot. Definitely a bit tougher.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 20, 2013, 11:16:15 pm »

The skull has 2 blue bands on it, easily recognizable. I'd be careful telling Nels we have no money, as in-game this makes him attack. He styles himself as some kind of honorable Casanova, though I'd say more like wannabe honorable. Worse comes to worst, he only demands 50 gold, but that's still a lot for us.

We should retrieve the skull if and only if we can get some help. And before we do so, let's finish our business in Balmora, namely getting an alchemy set.

Brainstorming here, another thing to get some good and quick cash would be pearl diving. Most PC's don't have the patience to dive down and search kallops, so they're likely undisturbed. However, it runs into the same problem as the mudcrab merchant: slaughterfish.

If we find ourselves in Caldera, let's have a word with Creeper. It's a short walk to the north, but Alits often roam near the town.

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 21, 2013, 02:38:08 am »

I'm confused. Nothing I suggested requires money. Though if I fudged something somewhere let me know so I can clear it up. If it's about the dagger, that's an item right next to the skull. And remember, it's not hard for us to loot a tomb, but poor Mikey's been nerfed to hell and back. He had an issue with rats, and the tomb's going to have lesser skeletons and bonewalkers or whatnot. Definitely a bit tougher.
I believe he was talking about the thieves guild recommendation, as it is fairly doubtful that they will actually do anything at all for free.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 161