Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Animal Crossing: New Leaf  (Read 12826 times)

Walter Sullivan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Crossing: New Leaf
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2013, 07:36:14 pm »

Just got some money by fishing and paid for my first house upgrade, hurray! I've got lots of different fishes that I gave to the museum, and I've fished 3 sharks in the total. When I found out that each shark was worth 15k, I kind of felt sad for donating one, hehe. I've started my first construction on the city, a fountain, but it's probably gonna take a while before I have the money to pay for it. Hope the citizens donate at least a little...

Oh, and I loved the mini-games. Since I can't yet go to the island on my game, I played it online with my sister 2 days ago and we got a bunch of medals, enough to buy the swimming suit. The only mini-game that I didn't liked very much was the one with the fossils. I've got a lot of fruits from the island and planted them on my city.
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed" - The Dark Tower

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2013, 08:27:30 pm »

Just out of curiosity, and some will to spark discussion in this thread, I guess: What did everyone name their town and why?

Mine's Eltanin, named after (one of the names of) the brightest star in my favourite constellation.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Walter Sullivan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2013, 08:39:26 pm »

Mine's named Maine. Just hope Pennywise doesn't show up...
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed" - The Dark Tower

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2013, 09:36:53 pm »

So I just paid for another house loan and Nookies is building a new room.  Thus I now only lack a basement (I play too much). 

So my town is named Himekawa.  Its named off of an extremely obscure literary character.  I use this to name towns in everything.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2013, 02:08:48 pm »

My town is named Pretal. It was a decent-sounding word that appeared in my head, and when I looked it up I learned it was an actual Spanish word - the breastplate of a horse - which I was fine with. I don't use the Spanish pronunciation, though; I pronounce it like petal with an added r. Because America.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2013, 02:36:42 pm »

My town is Tokyo 3 because I happened to be watching Rebuild of Evangelion when the game finished downloading.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2013, 04:18:45 pm »

Mine's Ticktown. I always name my towns either Ticktown, Tocktown or Clocktown for some reason
It's FEF, not FEOF

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2013, 05:07:27 pm »

Ah, Clock Town. Majora's Mask is truly an amazing game. My favourite Zelda game as well.

In other news, I just got the second floor of the museum today. Immidiately bought a silver shovel an put up all those gyroids for display that have been cluttering up my storage. Score!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2013, 06:57:36 pm »

Woo, got a 3ds xl yesterday.

I named mine Tekli, since it sounded neat.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2013, 04:37:24 pm »

I started getting cicadas all over my town last night. Now it's almost impossible to escape their chirping. Has the cicada season started for everyone else, or is my town specifically plagued?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2013, 04:49:43 pm »

Yours is specifically overplagued. Mine is just average amounts of cicada, I think.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 02, 2013, 05:05:46 pm »

Yeah they're there for me too. it seems like a new 'season' started with the beginning of July.

In other news, I want to build the campsite, but being the indecisive person I am I'm having all sorts of doubts over where to put it, since it's permanent and all. I've mostly made up my mind about where to put it, but I'll ask for some input regardless.

Here is my town map. I've been thinking of putting the campsite inside the part where the river forms an upside-down U, just below, and to the left of, the diagonal bridge. What do you think? Any other suggestions?

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2013, 05:16:50 pm »

I think south of that location would be best. On or near the tiny peninsula. Southernmost area west of the river is a nice location, but you probably have better things to put there. The U you're considering would be better served for more iconic centerpieces, like a fountain. Campsite should be a sort of out-of-the-way retreat, while still being in an attractive spot.

Re: Cicadas: There are four varieties during the day (brown, robust, giant, and green, in order of frequency); a walk around town (not circling back at any point) nets at least half an inventory of the things, usually more like 2/3, which is pretty profitable.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2013, 09:24:09 pm »

I'd save the U area for the cooler looking cafe and shove the campsite in the top left corner, when noone is at the camp it looks like a garbage dump.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 03, 2013, 06:11:24 am »

You both make good points. I honestly didn't know that the café was a building you built in the town. Unfortunately, my villagers suggest very few things, and when they do, they suggest crap stuff. My first suggestion was a yield sign, courtesy of Derwin.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7