Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 236

Author Topic: Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension  (Read 526239 times)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension
« Reply #1815 on: December 17, 2015, 09:21:41 pm »

Because it never shows up as an option. Shift-click on your target, and if you can raid you will. I'd love to say this is a place where it's helpful to remember to check the keyboard shortcuts via "?"; alas, however, that's no help in this particular case. You either know it (I wanna say it's in the manual, but I don't wanna go back and look) or you don't...

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: December 18, 2015, 12:49:24 am »

Because it never shows up as an option. Shift-click on your target, and if you can raid you will. I'd love to say this is a place where it's helpful to remember to check the keyboard shortcuts via "?"; alas, however, that's no help in this particular case. You either know it (I wanna say it's in the manual, but I don't wanna go back and look) or you don't...
Actually, it does show up. It works the same as "Move and patrol" or "Sneak and attack". Give the move order first, then it'll be in the orders menu. At least, that's how I recall it working. It may default to raiding on shift-click if the commander is not stealthy, though.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: December 18, 2015, 02:17:15 am »

Actually, it does show up. It works the same as "Move and patrol" or "Sneak and attack". Give the move order first, then it'll be in the orders menu. At least, that's how I recall it working. It may default to raiding on shift-click if the commander is not stealthy, though.

Already tried that, it doesn't work, shift clicking worked though. However I have come to learn that it is usually a useless tactic as your army can be foiled by a weak patrol and if anyone attacks that province while you're raiding, your supposedly stealthy units fight... It seems pointless.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: December 18, 2015, 11:27:55 am »

It's most useful for economically weakening rear provinces (that you don't think you could hold long enough to pillage) with flying/sailing raiders. It's definitely very far from being overpowered, though.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: December 18, 2015, 12:15:54 pm »

How do you know if your units can do that?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: December 18, 2015, 02:17:34 pm »

Commanders with pillage bonuses can lead raids. Commanders without can be given Implementor Axes then lead raids. Pillaging troops will raid better, but any troop can pillage if (and only if) the commander has a pillage bonus. Thus, indy barbarian commanders can raid with any troops, but indy barbarian troops can only raid with certain commanders.

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: December 19, 2015, 05:48:38 am »

If this hasn't changed, this is only for pillaging in provinces not owned. You can pillage your own provinces (if you know somebody else will conquer them, for example) with any commander.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: December 19, 2015, 01:59:29 pm »

Yup, this is for raiding. Anyone can pillage.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: December 23, 2015, 03:03:54 am »

I found an ancient ruin and got an event for either a mage to explore it or an adventurer to enter it. I have sent all sorts of mages and commanders to it but none can enter it. Anyone know what I have to do?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: December 23, 2015, 03:07:37 am »

I found an ancient ruin and got an event for either a mage to explore it or an adventurer to enter it. I have sent all sorts of mages and commanders to it but none can enter it. Anyone know what I have to do?
I think it works on the basis of a %chance per turn to trigger an event - as long as you've got a mage or an adventurer in the province.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: December 23, 2015, 07:42:25 am »

Yeah, they just need to be in the province - I had it happen to one of my mages the very next turn after they arrived.

Got two artifacts (Dwarven Hammer and Mirror Mail), then got attacked by a cave drake. Mage lost, but I got to keep the loot.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: December 26, 2015, 01:54:41 pm »

Does anyone have a working link for the newest cataclysm mod? 0.9.3 I believe.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: December 26, 2015, 02:15:01 pm »

It... looks like you can get 093 here? I didn't check too hard to see if the mod was actually working appropriately, just checked whether the link was functioning.

You probably actually want the one here, though. 0.9.3 is for dominions 3, the fork/port/whatever for dominions 4 appears to be up to 0.2.3.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: December 26, 2015, 10:34:51 pm »

So I've got 3 angel SCs who are up against an army of hundreds of undead. They are pretty much invincible. If the normal attacks of the skeletons and zombies have managed to get past the ethereal, luck, and invincible traits, then the damage would just be regenerated the next turn. Yet for some reason my SCs routed. I did not notice any damage, I did not notice any spells, they were just happily cutting away at the army with their firebrands. Is there something I'm missing? Some reason they would route?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: December 26, 2015, 11:31:05 pm »

Did they hack away for 50 turns straight? Attackers auto-rout at 50 turns, so unless they were berserk, they'd turn tail at that point.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 236