Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 370395 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Pariah the Impaler]
« Reply #555 on: July 30, 2013, 07:10:40 pm »

Basically I'm the VIP, piecewise is my overzealous bodyguard, Unholy is an admiring vigalante, and encorselor is in a colossal ammount of trouble.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: July 30, 2013, 07:16:40 pm »

Basically I'm the VIP, piecewise is my overzealous bodyguard, Unholy is an admiring vigalante, and encorselor is in a colossal ammount of trouble.

((Derm is like the hooker who charges way too much for everything, Piecewise is the guy trying to get the hooker's services but never has enough money and tries to barter using Bus coupons, Unholy is that tall lanky guy in camo clothing who ends everything with "GOD BLESS YOU" and Encorselor is that one white guy who tries convincing everyone that Eminem is the greatest artist of all time.

I refuse to make any parallels unless they involve the people in my neighborhood when I used to live in an apartment.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 30, 2013, 07:23:51 pm »

Where do I fit into this analogy?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: July 30, 2013, 07:30:33 pm »

How do you want me to put it?

As in define "anything."  Anything more than "nothing happens?"  Something solid summoned?  Two dancing pigeons who put on a Broadway song and dance from the fifties?

Screw that- I want to know how I fit in TCM's analogy.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: July 30, 2013, 07:33:27 pm »

How do you want me to put it?
As in define "anything."  Anything more than "nothing happens?"  Something solid summoned?  Two dancing pigeons who put on a Broadway song and dance from the fifties?
I would have thought that "Anything more than 'Nothing happens'" would be the typically-assumed interpretation, as well as being the desired one.
Two dancing pigeons putting on a 50's Broadway song-and-dance routine would definitely be worth further investigation into words on that page.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: July 30, 2013, 07:35:51 pm »

Is there a word combination that causes that?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 30, 2013, 07:38:27 pm »

Youre the groupie playing with himself in the corner.

Is there a word combination that causes that?
Id assume that control flesh bird speech X2 would work, especially if you gave them tiny canes and hats.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: July 30, 2013, 07:55:07 pm »

Eh... heh. You woke up.
Charles tackles Derm, going for another stranglehold.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #563 on: July 30, 2013, 08:15:49 pm »

Bodyguard? I suppose. More I'm just interested in keeping him alive for the purpose of causing chaos. Also, I'm not very physically capable, and a derm on my side for the time being is helpful. Eventually he'll betray me, like Hitler to Stalin in the early days of WWII, but Till that day I shall continue to science.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 30, 2013, 08:24:50 pm »

Bodyguard? I suppose. More I'm just interested in keeping him alive for the purpose of causing chaos. Also, I'm not very physically capable, and a derm on my side for the time being is helpful. Eventually he'll betray me, like Hitler to Stalin in the early days of WWII, but Till that day I shall continue to science.
Uh, that was a weird comparison, since both ruled huge empires in their days, and also because Stalin won... I see what you did there. Yeah, believe it or not, but I think that in a one on one, you will win. Derm is already weakened, and you have a better physical form. And because you have a DM screen. Also, I find hilarious the idea of protecting chaos. Because chaos needs protection.

Oh, and thank you everyone for your explanations. I've had a lot of fun reading those.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 08:27:11 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #565 on: July 31, 2013, 04:58:18 am »

GOGOGO! Im getting closer :D
I still got the feeling i will not have a chance before someone randomly kills me for no apparent reason.

Also: CIRCLES! We need em.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 31, 2013, 06:04:32 am »

"Umm so yeah this isn't the bathroom... AND OH JESUS GIANT LAVA THING!.. OH PLEASE DONT KILL MEEEE!"
FLEE from the murder fest
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: July 31, 2013, 07:24:22 am »

Concern.

Whatever magic or intangible force existed here had the power to shift reality and defy the laws of life and physics itself.

This was intriguing.

"Derek, can you feel your legs?"

"Escosall." Myra says, focusing on the general notion of helping Derek with his problem.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: July 31, 2013, 07:51:07 am »

((Psst you may wish to try finding the dorbaelo equivalent if you desire to repair his legs, that or get lucky with the wand.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: July 31, 2013, 10:45:22 am »

"I cannot feel them.  They aren't natural anymore and don't even seem to want to move too much.  Possible because they are much too heavy and of the wrong shape.

Derek doesn't really do much at this point probably because his legs are metal and a pain in the neck to move, Myra is borrowing the wand, and random spellwords don't do all that much.  To add to that, it's apparent he has little mobility.  It's quite annoying.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 198