Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can goblins exit the map via the borders of underground caverns?  (Read 311 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Specifically, I threw a goblin down into the caves, making sure only to throw him far enough to cause some nasty bruises, in order to let him test his mettle in the underworld. Out of sight, out of mind, etc. However, when he immediately picked himself up and walked off with a fair amount of certainty, vanishing into an unexplored area, I suddenly realized that he might be able to essentially teleport home if he reached the border of the map via the underground. Can goblins/elves/whathaveyou do this? Does it count as, essentially, 'getting away' in the case of thieves and snatches even if the escape is basically just delving further into the underworld?

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
Re: Can goblins exit the map via the borders of underground caverns?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 05:21:08 am »

Yep

Had a lot of liasions, diplomats and non-wagon caravans run off through underground cavern if the front gate is shut and there're land access to edge.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can goblins exit the map via the borders of underground caverns?
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 05:23:32 am »

Wow, that's really disappointing. I mean, if you wanna get roleplay-y, it wouldn't be strange to assume the goblin gets lost and dies in the bowls of the earth but if they do actually managed to teleport back to base upon exiting the map, in gameplay terms I'll always know they got away.

I need to put some spikes down there or something.