Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 984 985 [986] 987 988 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 980372 times)

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE
« Reply #14775 on: June 01, 2014, 02:32:10 pm »

The fatigue katana should simply lower the enemy's stats temporarily. Seeing as it takes energy to move, speed is reduced. Energy is required to punch hard, so strength is lowered. Then any other stats that the GM finds relevant to using energy to apply it.

The blade only has to hit to block the energy usage. But I suppose a typical Str vs RelevantStat roll after speed roll is won. And if you want to get technical, Ashley hitting someone with the blade would cause minor damage. And then I guess the difference between the Str vs RelevantStat roll is the negation to each stat that I stated above. If the Str roll fails, then the default is -2?
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14776 on: June 01, 2014, 02:32:41 pm »

If you negate strong force I would presume that quarks inside protons and neutrons would get unbound. Those two baryons types consist of up and down quarks[1][2]. I'd presume those quarks would then just recombine elsewhere when the brief effects wear off. So I'd think it's less "nuclear explosion" more, "radioactive". Yeah, if they used that instead of weak force, they may want to invest in radiation protection.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14777 on: June 01, 2014, 02:34:43 pm »

What about negating the electromagnetic force?
You could fuck over a lot with that.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14778 on: June 01, 2014, 02:39:02 pm »

That would probably be where nuking occurs. As in, nuclei wouldn't be repelled by their charges anymore so they may end up just drifting close enough for fusion to occur. Granted there's no net attractive force except at very close ranges, but it still may be unwise to use it.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14779 on: June 01, 2014, 02:43:30 pm »

Plus, swot any power source with that and all kinds of chaos would happen.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14780 on: June 01, 2014, 02:47:50 pm »

That would make a good power generator. Improved version of Kyle's arc reactor?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #14781 on: June 01, 2014, 02:49:41 pm »

Well, once PN and Cado, our two only summoners, have figured out how summons are supposed to work, and I guess KJ would present us with a rule suggestion for Personas, I guess the system and stat rebalance is done?

so we have

a) The setting we have into mostly covered. I suppose the future Admin-GM, Smurf is up to asking all the relevant questions needed for the setting, and we shall discuss those.

b) No longer an issue, Ashleys plot can still happen

c and d) Done once summoning and Personas are done, and will proceed to get done-er as we progress through e) the rebalancing of Abilities. Each players still has to stat their chars, which includes detailing their abilities

as far as the question who GMs this goes, I guess that is done too. progress!

info PN may need: Summons do not always need the same stat-base. A summon of an entity with a minor spell would simply be an incomplete summon, and thus weaker than it could be. Minor and Medium spells could summon low-tier entities, with base 25 or 50 respectively. Starting here we have strong low-tier entities, or very incomplete summons of horned entities with a big spell at 75, and 100 with an enormous spell. Even bigger summons with 125 or even 150 base depend on wether Alucard actually has the mag stat to pull such a summon off, these summons always take two turns as a drawback. The summoning spells would just follow standard spell rules, except that a summoning circle would be needed.

possible additions like proper sacrifices, star-constellations and whatever might increase the effectiveness of a summon, or for some cases, their abscene would make it less effective. Once summoned, the summons first action is free, if that action is some big magic stuff, or their first 3 attacks are free, if the summoned unit is to stay longer than one big action or 3 attacks, Alucard would have to pay some mana of his own to keep them here every 3 rounds for minors, every round for horned entities, making summoning rather mana intensive
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14782 on: June 01, 2014, 02:52:51 pm »

That would make a good power generator. Improved version of Kyle's arc reactor?
It wouldn't be very efficient, seeing as it would only take place in the field and having any significant fusion would probably blow stuff away from the field.

Come to think of it, it probably doesn't matter whether that blade in question is an enchanted weapon or innately magical. It really only matters for Ashley's katana since it would be weaker.

Which means, if it's a katana that has been enchanted into it's current form, trying to cross swords with that other blade would just result in the katana being severed. It'd still be enchanted, just cleaved in twain. If it's embargo manifesting in a seemingly solid form of a katana, then both weapons would just phase through one another.

For people whose characters have "Void Manipulation", please consider this.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14783 on: June 01, 2014, 02:57:28 pm »

I think I might make a huge compendium of everyone's lore for easy access.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14784 on: June 01, 2014, 03:01:04 pm »

Can we define void-teleportation as not truly being in the void but rather just outside it in the transition between Void and Creation? Because otherwise, it makes no sense why people who live in the void would need to pay mana to move around their house. Not to mention that it also explains why they don't end up running through random void entity's homes.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14785 on: June 01, 2014, 03:02:09 pm »

I updated the rules with rules for summoning
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #14786 on: June 01, 2014, 03:04:26 pm »

It'd make more sense to use mana to switch between the void and the Creation, rather than how long you spend in the void.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14787 on: June 01, 2014, 03:07:01 pm »

It would, but it would also be rather unbalanced seeing as A: that would make teleportation cost the same regardless of distance and B: basically allow voidwalkers to just switch out, get medical attention, have a nap, possibly a nice lunch whilst listening to some music whilst recovering all their mana and teleporting back in with seemingly little to no time having past.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 03:08:48 pm by Empiricist »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14788 on: June 01, 2014, 03:08:37 pm »

maybe the way teleportation works is that it does not allow you to actually spend time in the void?

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14789 on: June 01, 2014, 03:09:57 pm »

Questions~

How the hell does Selina draw something way more powerful than she is without dying? Just asking.

I thought teleportation worked because of the whole time dilation thing in the void. That's why it's so quick, right?
Pages: 1 ... 984 985 [986] 987 988 ... 1030