Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 982570 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #5370 on: February 03, 2014, 02:52:44 am »

So... where is it?

Disregard. Just reread the post.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #5371 on: February 03, 2014, 02:57:32 am »

Interesting.

Also, as a note on the fact that Seles took multiple actions:

Your first standard action each round is free. That is, it doesn't have any penalties unless you're cursed or something.

You can take additional actions after this at a cumulative -10 penalty as long as it doesn't reduce the relevant stat by more than half.

For example, someone with 20 DEX could make 2 physical attacks, one at -0 and one at -10.

at 40, you can make 3, one at -0, one at -10, and one at -20.

At 60, you can make 4, -0, -10,-20,-30

and so on.

Basically you can make another attack every 20 points in a stat.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5372 on: February 03, 2014, 02:59:51 am »

At the group's location. If it gets hit with entropy magic, it will still function, but will be unusable for a period of time as distortions will rend everything near it for a while.

It's essentially the thing Cyrielle partially blocked Ra's beam with. Except even more powerful so that it's essentially stable, the boundary between it and Creation has been solidified so that it may be held. Creation is preventing it from growing but can't close it anymore. Hitting it with entropy, antimagic and whatnot is going to screw up Creation's attempts, allowing less stable distortions to rip into the area near it.

So basically, if one of the enemies to try to block it with entropy, they get screwed over even more. If they hit it though, well, you probably don't want to be the person wielding it.

Also, by mental issues, I mean mental issues. Using it won't be too bad as long as you don't exceed the output your roll defines. You can exceed it, but well, if you do, it may compel you to rip out and destroy your own reproductive organs.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5373 on: February 03, 2014, 03:02:02 am »

Um... that's not on the listed symptoms...

I mean, I get what you mean which is why the tank that's fucked in the head is taking it.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5374 on: February 03, 2014, 03:03:47 am »

It probably works the best output wise on Will due to his high MIND, but it won't activate consistently. Shys'm Caes would be able to use it the most consistently, but with much lower output, plus it's going to continuously backfire on her since she's too strongly Creation-based.

It's basically when the genophobia gets out of control and the user decides that self-mutilation and possible death is a better alternative than the capability to reproduce.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5375 on: February 03, 2014, 03:05:39 am »

... So... we don't want squishy people like them using it to much should that stage be reached.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #5376 on: February 03, 2014, 03:05:54 am »

That's... actually reasonably useful in this one encounter, fuck. I mean, if Dumah hits you with his cannon you die even MORE, but then again it's already pretty crazy.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5377 on: February 03, 2014, 03:08:00 am »

So... tank having thing that could blow up in it's users face good or bad?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5378 on: February 03, 2014, 03:12:22 am »

... So... we don't want squishy people like them using it to much should that stage be reached.
It won't reach that stage unless they try to use more power than the MIND resistance roll allows. Stay within that roll and it's going to screw up your social life. It's only when you begin trying to use more power than your MIND roll allows that you start getting fucked up. Though even then, you'd wait until combat is over to try that.

That's... actually reasonably useful in this one encounter, fuck. I mean, if Dumah hits you with his cannon you die even MORE, but then again it's already pretty crazy.
Yeah, I looked at it and realized that since Cyrielle's magic could pierce through the shield, it would be quite useful, but I can't be online consistently so I decided to reconcile the IC with the OOC by having her create a means to attack.

The good news is, it provides absolute protection from entropy magic. The bad news is it protects you by exchanging it for a false vacuum metastability event which tends to be worse than heat-death :P

I suppose if all else fails, you could throw it at them and hope they're ignorant enough to try and entropy it or fire it at you, but it probably can't be retrieved until after the battle if you try that.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 05:26:38 am by Empiricist »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5379 on: February 03, 2014, 03:29:18 am »

I should note that normally, if entropy magic hits a consolidated distortion or it gets otherwise siphoned, it gets forcibly deconsolidated as the solidified boundary protects the rift from Creation is partially breached. Except in this case, the rift is powerful enough that the boundary is to protect its user and other parts of Creation rather than the other way around.

I'm considering establishing that Hell has a few of these to protect against Angels and that these were the bargaining chips used to give the Nom de Guerre 'Andromalius' a position as a noble.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5380 on: February 03, 2014, 03:32:40 am »

I should note that normally, if entropy magic hits a consolidated distortion or it gets otherwise siphoned, it gets forcibly deconsolidated as the solidified boundary protects the rift from Creation is partially breached. Except in this case, the rift is powerful enough that the boundary is to protect its user and other parts of Creation rather than the other way around.

I'm considering establishing that Hell has a few of these to protect against Angels and that these were the bargaining chips used to give the Nom de Guerre 'Andromalius' a position as a noble.
Proves Sen's point that Angels are shit :P
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5381 on: February 03, 2014, 03:34:38 am »

Only issue is, if Demons are too Void based, those weapons will backfire when they use it as well, hence limiting their deployment to constructs that can be controlled by a Demon. They're powerful, but it isn't going to stop a full-power Demons Run rampage nor a coordinated assault due to their cool-down.

But yes, if an ancient Demon with massive MIND and decent MAG uses it indirectly, it's going to be unpleasant.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5382 on: February 03, 2014, 03:44:57 am »

Could Yomiko effectivly use it? She does have some human traits so she isn't fully a demon. about 3/4 demon. 1/4 human.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5383 on: February 03, 2014, 03:46:33 am »

Not sure. Ask @Ragnarok. I'm not too sure about Ashley either since she has a human soul.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5384 on: February 03, 2014, 03:49:18 am »

If yomiko can use it, she has a mag 10 and mind 50
Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 1030