Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 976808 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #5820 on: February 05, 2014, 03:28:34 pm »

Well, Ashleys death happened well before the paintification, it would not have been effected by the breakout
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #5821 on: February 05, 2014, 05:10:38 pm »

On the paint thing: free action failed. Took first action to break free, then used her second action (20 MND) to pop her Sigil. Jump would require a roll, yes, so Kyle faceplants, making his second action invalid, and he doesn't have enough mind to use the third, so no damage.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5822 on: February 05, 2014, 05:15:53 pm »

this is why it matters wether or not at any point in the past I managed to debuff the dex, reducing the amount of action. in your retcon of round 4, you ignored me completely, in round 5 you had me activate the divine sands, which I said would only activate if she remained inside the painting. that kinda stuff matters.

also, since she is a dual form character Asariel/Selesandra I might wonder if *both* forms have over 40 dex, or if you might have missed something there. Dont forget Neferis can tear the painting apart either, the painting is vulnerable.

((lastly, I point at the strawpoll >:( ))

edit: also, WAIT. Free action failed, and then an action was used to break free? what, so she has 4 rolls per round to try and break out?

sorry, but your dexterity plays no roll whatsoever in trying to escape a painting. You get one attempt per round, and that is certainly not a free action. If her first break out attempt failed (where does the free action even come from?) she should remain in the painting for the rest of the round.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 05:18:00 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5823 on: February 05, 2014, 05:18:52 pm »

By the way, and I find this important.

I vote clearly against one thing: Asariel should not be able to immediatly act after breaking out of the painting. I mean, the paintification DID work. But having to free herself didn't even slow her down one bit, not even losing a single action, which in short, makes the painting stuff do *nothing*.

Freeing yourself being instant and then immediatly blasting out a battle-deciding spell is not fair in any way shape or form.

For comparison, just *teleporting yourself* takes 2 rounds.

She was hit by a spell by Grand, it trapped her, but nope, it didn't even change a single thing. In the round in which you free yourself, you should either lose your actions, or *at least* be occupied with freeing yourself until the end of the initiative queue, leaving yourself vulnerable.

here ROTMG, have this

http://strawpoll.me/1131056
Ah straw poll. You withstand so much every couple weekends from the ProtonJon stream... though they did break it 3 times trying to run polls.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5824 on: February 05, 2014, 05:19:32 pm »

The free action is the normal action of a turn.
There are multiple actions you can make, and you get -10 DEX for each extra actions you make, I believe.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5825 on: February 05, 2014, 05:23:54 pm »

On the paint thing: free action failed. Took first action to break free, then used her second action (20 MND) to pop her Sigil. Jump would require a roll, yes, so Kyle faceplants, making his second action invalid, and he doesn't have enough mind to use the third, so no damage.

wasn't it dex?

are you making things up now as they are convenient?

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #5826 on: February 05, 2014, 05:27:07 pm »

She got a free, no penalty attempt to escape because she's a bloody SERAPH with power over curses, which the painting is. She used her free standard action to escape, and then her -10, both MIND actions, unaffected by DEX, to use her Sigil.

Tl;Dr, she's one of the gorram SERAPHIM, of course she's broke as fuck, even lessened as she is.

Also, no I am not. Mind is the trigger action for magic, so for magic actions it replaces DEX for multi-action penalties, though they stack.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5827 on: February 05, 2014, 05:27:55 pm »

And you just tell us this now?

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #5828 on: February 05, 2014, 05:28:56 pm »

And you just tell us this now?

The seraph part? I told you when she first appeared.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5829 on: February 05, 2014, 05:29:44 pm »

No, the part that you just now told us.

And no one cares that she's a seraph.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #5830 on: February 05, 2014, 05:30:38 pm »

No, the part that you just now told us.

And no one cares that she's a seraph.
Indeed. And slightly less indeed.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5831 on: February 05, 2014, 05:38:22 pm »

excuse me, but stop adding bonuses to the character as they are convenient mid-battle.

the GM is not playing against the players. Equal opportunity goes both ways.

I mean what the hell, she gets all the candy to do all the OP shit, and meanwhile my actions in round 4 are ignored entirely, and in round 5 double misintepreted? (activating divine sands takes no roll, also, activating divine sands was not what I was going to do if she broke free). That's simply not okay. At every point and turn, you interpret any event on the battlefield in an advantageous way for the angels, while constantly making mistakes to your disadvantage.

Before any of this continues, we need a cohesive (and binding) ruleset on action amount, penalty per action, and most importantly, mechanics to how the paintification works, which will be up to Elf to decide (neither Ragnarocks "you get as many attempts as actions ((and then some))", nor the strawpoll are binding, but should be considered.

Else I will simply teleport the fuck out of there and wait for a plot coming from a GM who knows how GMing works

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5832 on: February 05, 2014, 05:41:00 pm »

Ak, you should add a "I don't really give a fuck, shut the fuck up with the stupid fucking arguments and rule lawyerings and just play the fucking free form roleplaying game on internet." option. Holy fucking shit guys, it doesn't fucking matter. Most of us don't actually give a shit and are taking it like men. Chill the fuck down and shut the fuck up.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5833 on: February 05, 2014, 05:41:45 pm »

Ak, you should add a "I don't really give a fuck, shut the fuck up with the stupid fucking arguments and rule lawyerings and just play the fucking free form roleplaying game on internet." option. Holy fucking shit guys, it doesn't fucking matter. Most of us don't actually give a shit and are taking it like men. Chill the fuck down and shut the fuck up.
Akroma is female Mcclay...
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5834 on: February 05, 2014, 05:42:20 pm »

Akroma is female Mcclay...
I was referring to everyone, just used Ak as a way to open up the rant.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 ... 1030