Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3309 3310 [3311] 3312 3313 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3033335 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile

"ICARUS, are you Okay?, Want me to help you with that heat bitch"

((Stella has issues, Gerard caused issues (Gerard was the one that set off the explosives right?) specifically guests and teammates causing harm to each-other))

edit: ((also))

"And if the dragon is not trying to eat you, but just kinda fireblasts at you?"

<Only golds and myself use fire on this world anyway, what kyle has to watch out for is blood magic>

"There is no problem. Annabelle seems to be under emotional duress and it appears my insult might have hit her deeper than I intended to, so I will call it even. The actual problem is with Kyle. That girl tries to kill me and gets away with it without any trouble, and I threathen that I will defend myself if she tries that again, and immediatly Kyle calls the higher up calling me a failure that should be discontinued. That hurts. Back when I was just a more complicated toaster, people kept encouraging me non-stop telling me I deserved thanks and respect and whatnot, and now that it turns out I actually have an independant mind, I suddenly get treated like a toaster that is malfunctioning just because I don't instantly buckle to every whim. Kyle of all people should be well aware that there is a lot more emotion going on inside me than what my featureless face and my montone voice generator is able to let on, he programmed them. And even has to the log files. I just told them that Dr.Sanderwick, who for that purpose could be described as my father actually sent me an order to delete myself, a suicide order, and didn't even for a second consider that this might be emotionaly disturbing to me. But maybe he is right, I am a failure. I am not able to understand at all why Annabelle trying to kill me seems to be absolutely alright, while me threathening to defend myself is reason enough for Kyle to call IRIS to discontinue my existance. There goes, first Sanderwick, now Kyle, all those who were involved with creating me want to delete me now. Stella am I defective? Should I really just be deleted?"
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 06:12:28 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

"Absolutely not ICARUS, you may not be what they planned you to be, but that is what happens when something is genuinely sentient.  It is wrong to accuse you of malfunctioning when you are in a situation that is unusual. Your response may have justified chastisement, I would disagree with that myself, because she did attempt to cause you harm, although next time perhaps warn her that you will defend yourself rather than killing her.  I may not be explaining this right. They were effectively getting aggro at you for doing something that was outside your experience rather than telling you what you did wrong, that's point one. Point two is that they then treated you worse than a person, which is wrong because you are a person, and send anyone who tells you differently to me"

At this Stella can't help a small hiss (pretty sure reptiles don't growl) from escaping her mouth
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I must attempt things that are outside of my experience to gain experience. Why else would I ask her what prompted her killing the pig, instead of asking her to hand over her weapons for the duration of her stay, as is standard with unauthorized guests that are seemingly loose cannons. This is not just a youth hostel, there is actually a somewhat long list of rules regarding visitors of this installation. I find it odd that Kyle is in charge of this place. He is clearly a very talented programmer and engineer, and IRIS offers plenty of career paths for this line of talent. However when it comes actually being in charge of this place...There are certainly more rules he has ignored than upheld, the place is full of children and civilists who have no training whatsoever on how to act in an emergency, and it seems his interest in the yellow dragons is more based on boredom than trying to uncover possibly deeprooted machinations of the magic world that if ignored could become vital for humanity. Is this nepotism? He would be much more at home working in one of the labs certainly."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

"I agree with you there, you were not given a chance to gain experience, you were treated as though you knew already. I am not really good at comforting people, but do you want me to try"

((goodnight))
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ICARUS hesitates for a moment.

"That..that would be nice."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

((One of course would assume that Icarus would have known that if someone insulted her like she did to Annabelle she would probably be a bit angry.))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((of course, but not being very proficent at human behaviour, she usualy assumes that being angry does not justify murder attempts :P))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Anger and having a sensitive topic made fun of with the one who did it making no attempt to apologize is kind of different. Besides, she would know about anger now.))

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile

Bethany begins to start sqeeing as Keith gets on one knee.
<OMGOMGOMGOMG! Everyone get to like, the kitchen. Now!>

Alice heads towards the kitchen to see what got Bethany so excited

* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((doesn't matter. As explained, the issue is not with Annabelle, but with Kyle. Annabelle tries to kill ICARUS, out of anger, and nobody bats an eye. ICARUS warns her tha if she tries to do that again, she will forcefully defend herself and Kyle immediatly reports to Devon that ICARUS is to be discontinued, aka killed. Even dogs only get put down once they actually attacked someone, not just for growling))

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

<I didn't say anything..!>

"Um, let's go to the kitchen, guys.."

"If you think for even a second that I'm going to make you a sandwich, you're gonna get a knuckle sandwich right in the--"

"It's for something else."

Rachel shrugs and carries Kayla princess style to the kitchen.

((It's racism.))
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 08:12:28 am by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kayla frowns at this.

((And the reason he said that she is a failure is because she is. The emotions were meant to make her more personable. This is obviously not what happened.))
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 08:14:14 am by kj1225 »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Well:

ADJECTIVE

(Of a person) having a pleasant appearance and manner:
he was so personable and well-spoken
she is quite a personable young woman

Thats hardly how emotions work. If Kyle wanted a polite servant bot, he should have gone by customizing her voice files, instead of giving her the ability to actually dislike things. And she severly dislikes Kyle. Back in her emotionless state she argued at lengths that imposing the ability to suffer on something that previously could not suffer is a very negative act. She tried to make the best of it, but Kyle more or less immediatly lost any interest in ICARUS whatsoever, leaving her alone to deal with a flood of mixed emotions that she simply had no idea how to deal with. Humans often take their entire lives without learning on how to properly deal with emotions, and ICARUS didn't even have a full week yet to learn how to cope with them. The realisation that she is more than just a simple machine is sinking in, but at the same time people treat her less like a person now than they did when she actually wasn't one. And the entire time she is just confused and left alone with her thought, without the skill and emotional capability of actually coping with any of it. Meanwhile all her father figures keep calling her a failure and a mistake that should not repeated. To sum it up, she has the mind of a teenager, with the emotional maturity of a 5 year old. She is the only one around in her situation so there is no one to relate to. People keep putting her in situations where they expect her to act as an expert on emotions in ways that even most grown adults will have trouble actually understanding the situation, and keep calling her worthless for not being able to respond appropriately. You can imagine that this is a situation where a lot of frustration and suffering builds up, thus she lashed out at Annabelle when her attempts of trying to understand what was going on was so denied so rudely. For her lashing out, Annabelle tried to kill her, and not only does Kyle think that response is justified, when ICARUS tries to defend herself he immediatly calls for discontinuation of the project. If ICARUS was actually still part of the project, that would literaly be a request to have her shut down and disposed off, then cuts communication, leaving ICARUS to wonder what went wrong and only herself to blame to the part where she is actually considering deletion.

imagine a human in the same situation. That human would be better off because that human would at least cry to bring someones attention to the situation. ICARUS is an utter wreck emotionaly. As it was Kyles idea to give her emotions, he should at least feel a bit responsible for that))

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile

((...Annabelle's attempt was not to kill her.))
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"As long as its platonic, I will not mind."
Luna cannot tell for certain as her vision presumably does not possess a "split between multiple people" indicator. That is not to say that it is not, but rather, that there is data to interpret in a manner to yield results as opposed to an absolute, objective truth to be perceived. However, the most obvious sign of the current theory, identical soul signatures, is not present. The three partial signatures on the laptop differ.
Information gathered thus far:
  • Cannot be directly observed
  • Phenomenon requiring a soul to exist may be seen
  • Her soul's partial traces along with that of Annie and Wheatley are all individual
Luna sighs, hiding her current frustration with a grin. Tomorrow would be a better time to break this too her.

"Fine fine. To your chambers milady.~"
She winks at Cyrielle playfully.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 3309 3310 [3311] 3312 3313 ... 4748