Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 510

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread  (Read 313678 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread
« Reply #2445 on: September 16, 2014, 06:28:14 am »

It was at this point Miguel finally noticed the preparations being made just upon the ridge. The pyre was unmistakable. Another person was cut off at the bloom of their life today. This time it was one of their men. He wouldn't join them. Not yet. He rode over to Matilda's side.

: "A pity, yes? How are they taking their loss?"
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: September 16, 2014, 06:38:15 am »

Sonja narrows her eyes at Matilda's back.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: September 17, 2014, 02:40:46 pm »

@Miguel

Candy sidled up to Miguel and crossed his arms against his chest.

: "You know, a weird guy around your age said we shouldn't get too attached to people. He said, since there are so many animals and people and none of them are going to live as long as each other, it's silly to get attached, 'cause one of you was going to die before the other. That's just how the odds are! But I don't know that I can take his advice, can you? 'Cause they're burning a pyre in the middle of the field, without much thought to it. That's just how we are, even when it stinks to be that way."

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: September 17, 2014, 04:23:59 pm »

Miguel glanced down at the young man with confusion.

: "Hmm? What's this all about? I fear someone down the line has led you astray young man."
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: September 18, 2014, 01:44:29 am »

As the funeral pyre burned the wyvern and the corpse of Sara, Matilda stared at the flames wordlessly - only her furrowed brow described any emotions she might had at the moment.

Few minutes later she spoke with Yonn, before approaching Leo.

"Any other rites you have to perform, Leo?"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: September 18, 2014, 06:44:54 am »

"None immediately. I have only to gather her ashes."

He immediately began doing so, placing them in a small ceremonial-looking jar he took from his traveling bag.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: September 18, 2014, 08:01:23 am »

"Gather the ashes, huh." Matilda looked when Leo procured the jar. After that, Yonn approached her, and they exchanged some 'polite' glances.

"My men will return to nearest fort, few will remain to clean the battlefield. I'm ready to go, Lady Matilda. Are you?"

"Yes, and I think my companions are as well..." Matilda looked back at Leo, watching him gather the ashes.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: September 18, 2014, 08:05:34 am »

Leo finished and stood, then nodded to Matilda.

"We can proceed now. Hopefully I can find her father or mother and deliver these."

He remembered that she had mentioned her father back before they left on the ship; it was possible he could find him.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: September 18, 2014, 08:10:06 am »

"Right then, we move."

"When we get to the palace, will you let me speak with the guards first? Or ask for my father to come out?"

"I will think about it. You should be thankful that I'm heading toward the heart of the Duchy with your mere promises for safety."

"..."

Without much ceremony, Matilda and Yonn led the group east, toward the palace of Kretos, which was mere hours away now.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 09:53:11 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: September 18, 2014, 09:52:44 am »

Five people were seated around an octagonal table; three more seats were empty. All five were clad in the black armor of the Empire, and they were waiting in silence.

It was the War Room; where urgent matters were discussed only by the highest ranking officers and the Emperor himself. The throne of the latter was, unsurprisingly, vacant at the moment.

Suddenly, the small door leading into the chamber opened, and a blonde man entered the room.

"Eul, my boy! I thought you weren't going to be at the capital for two more days?"

"I've managed to ride with a wyvern courier, from Masalla onwards. I came here as soon as I learned about this council after I've arrived. What's the matter?" He walked around the table before sitting between a blue-haired lady and a youth with chestnut hair.

"Greetings, Fyra."

"Hello, Reinhard."

"We don't know yet," The man sitting nearby cut the pleasantries short. "It's general von Vaughn who called for this meeting."

Suddenly, the door opened once more. A greying man, known in his youth for his vicious temper and equally vicious pink hair (Dragon protect whomever dared to laugh at it) entered the room. He was tall, broad in shoulders and his face was sculpted with wrinkles.

Five of the people seated stood up and saluted in unison.

"Sir!"

"At ease." He grumbled, and along all others, sat down. The white-haired general crossed his hands on his chest, looking at the newly arrived man.

"So what is it this time, Aragorn? Pirates? Bandits? Another theft in some noble's palace and now we're being-"

"An uprising is being prepared in the far west." The news made the people around the table gasp and whisper in disbelief.

"An uprising. Or rather, we're very close to one. The apparent 'reunification' of the two warring duchies was merely preparations for this... revolt."

"Is that what was the message about, General?"

"The message came from one of our loyal agents on Kretos. Matilda, daughter of Duke Mireos, landed on the island and is travelling to Knossos. The Palace of Kretos."

"Kretos? Why there?"

"Sir! Is it th-th-th-th" The red-haired man slammed his fist against the table. "THAT... that Duke Kretos is going to join the reb-b-b-ellion as well?" This comment made others turn pale from shock and disbelief.

"Three duchies? At once!?"

"Be calm, Commander Fyra. Let's not jump to such conclusions yet..."

"But that is a possibility. Our agent couldn't get it out of Matilda, the true goal behind her journey is unknown. However, it is quite plausible that she is going to recruit the island's lord for the rebel cause. Or she might assasinate him and take over the land - apparently she is traveling with a small but elite unit of soldiers." The white-haired general sighed and let out a hum.

"For a bunch of rebels, you make it sound like we're facing an army equal to our own. What happened to our network of oh-so-skilled spies and agents? Why they didn't find out about this much earlier? Are they dining and wining instead of dealing with Imperial security, following the example of our young Emperor?" The other general stood up, his face twisted in anger.

"CARLINN! Don't belittle our glorious Emperor! One word from him, and you wouldn't even be here!" The younger people looked a little troubled by the remark, but the white-haired general replied with a 'hmph'.

Von Vaughn took a deep breath and sat down. After a moment, Carlinn let out a sigh, having thought this 'insurgency' over.

"But I have to agree - this is a serious matter, and have to be dealt with accordingly. Ogall, Aserbaena, you will take your troops and seize the city of Mirr. Capture Duke Mireos - kill him if he resists. Show no mercy to whomever dare to bear arms against Imperial troops." The two stood up and saluted.

"My wyvern knights shall destroy the rebels."

"Leave the Duke to me, sir. With my magic, I will make him tell everything."

"Eul." The blonde commander stood up and saluted as well.

"Sir."

"Take your men and make haste to Kretos. Contact the Duke if he will be still alive, or his grandson. If you can't, march to the Palace and find out what happened. Seize it if you must. Capture Matilda if you have slightest opportunity."

"Yes, sir!" The other general looked at the remaining, seated pair.

"Pfilz and Fyra, you shall remain in the capital for now."

"The rebels have to be taught that no one should dream to rise against the Empire and expect to live another year. We should make an example of the Duke, his daughter, and all involved. That is all for now. I declare that this council has ended." The five commanders, the finest of all Imperial officers, stood beside their chairs, saluted, and then all marched toward the door, leaving the two elderly generals alone.

Von Vaughn stood up.

"Unbelievable. I never believe when this kind of thing happens... how one can dare to rebel? Against our Emperor?" He shook his head and went for the door.

"Rebellion is a clear sign, old friend..." The door was closed and the white-haired general leaned against his chair.

"That we might have a terrible Emperor, you know..."

//Preparing more talk, please wait... :v
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 09:55:07 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: September 18, 2014, 10:07:07 am »

~~Chapter 4: The Crimson Palace~~

Not knowing what have been decided in the same hour, the mercenaries and grandson of the local Duke marched west. Thanks to the youth, they weren't troubled - neither by the populace nor by patrols of armed men, whose numbers grew more the more the group approached their destination.

Three hours later, Matilda, Yonn and others arrived at the base of the hill. On the top stood a red castle of almost alien architecture, the numerous pillars and flat roofs unseen anywhere else in the Empire...

The road suddenly began to go up the hill in a slightly serpentine way. Yonn moved to the front before adressing Matilda:

"Lady Matilda, if you allow me to speak first... I'm really thinking this is misunderstanding, and-"

"No... or wait, sure. One of my companions will go with you, however." She then stepped to Grifen, of all people.

"Grifen, can we talk for a moment?"
SigFlags!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: September 18, 2014, 10:31:11 am »

Sheila nudged Leo with her elbow, speaking quietly so Matilda wouldn't overhear. "Hey, you don't think she's thinking about sending Grifen in alone with Yonn do ya? He seems like a decent guy and all, but I'm worried his granddad isn't."

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: September 18, 2014, 10:42:20 am »

Sonja, her arms inside of her cloak, stood separate from the others and alternated between looking at the group, Matilda with Yonn, and finally, the castle. Her face carried worry.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: September 18, 2014, 11:05:59 am »

Alec hadn't talked much along the entire journey, mind still heavy. With a glance, though, he did settle his eyes over the unfamiliar face of Sonja.
: "Something the matter, miss? It's one thing to be stuck in the crossfire of a fight, but following a random group of armed people generally is a good way to draw yourself into trouble."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: September 18, 2014, 11:27:58 am »

Grifen, who had not yet regained her normally perky self, jolted upright in her saddle.

: "Eh? Sure thing bossla--I mean, yer duchiness." She dismounted and followed Matilda.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 510