Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 114

Author Topic: Spacegineers... Spengineers... Space-Genners... SPACE ENGINEERS!  (Read 227374 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Spacegineers... Spengineers... Space-Genners... SPACE ENGINEERS!
« Reply #495 on: February 20, 2015, 01:32:09 pm »

I had one up but weekly updates were annoying and people stopped playing so its not up any more I believe.

Then there are those odd connection problems.
And the instances of ships spinning out of control or just glitching out because physics.

Wait a sec...you're not the person who's server I tried to connect to.  My mistake.  Yours might have had the problems, but I can't know.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #496 on: February 20, 2015, 01:48:42 pm »

I've got the server that's got mysterious connection problems.
All settings and configs say it should be connectable, but it isn't.
if anyone's got non-obvious or mentioned solution, feel free to say so.

If anyone wants to try and connect:
173.78.33.160:27016
Server Name: B12_Sector
Game Name: Contested Space

E: Underscore, but won't make a difference since it should come up with just B12.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 03:27:28 pm by n9103 »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 20, 2015, 03:02:16 pm »

I dont see it on the list.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 20, 2015, 05:30:46 pm »

I dont see it on the list.

Apparently it connects with his local system just fine, but doesn't show up on the internet.

Going to be trying a server by the name of =VX9= Pvp.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 07:43:46 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 22, 2015, 03:48:13 pm »

Played this a bunch during the free weekend, it's kind of fun, but...

In survival, it takes forever to mine minerals -> refine them -> build stuff -> build ship. It gets kind of tedious after a while.

Unless.....

You die and respawn in a survival ship, then you can take it apart for a massive amount of free materials

But if you're going to do that, you might as well play in creative mode.

But...

If you play in creative mode it all feels kind of pointless since you have infinite everything. Why bother building a ship that can eat a whole asteroid when you're just going to eject all the minerals into space anyway?

Maybe i'll just wait till it's actually finished (and 75% off instead of 40%)
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: February 22, 2015, 03:57:22 pm »

Using the advanced options you can speed up the refining, welding, and grinding processes, I believe.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 22, 2015, 03:58:07 pm »

Eh, it's not terribly fun to play alone. I only ever play with a friend of mine, and we'll play creative, give ourselves an hour to build a ship, then pit them against eachother. It's a blast. I've put about 30 hours into the game just playing around with him.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 22, 2015, 05:59:39 pm »

Played this a bunch during the free weekend, it's kind of fun, but...

In survival, it takes forever to mine minerals -> refine them -> build stuff -> build ship. It gets kind of tedious after a while.

Unless.....

You die and respawn in a survival ship, then you can take it apart for a massive amount of free materials

But if you're going to do that, you might as well play in creative mode.

But...

If you play in creative mode it all feels kind of pointless since you have infinite everything. Why bother building a ship that can eat a whole asteroid when you're just going to eject all the minerals into space anyway?

Maybe i'll just wait till it's actually finished (and 75% off instead of 40%)
You can get the best of both worlds by turning Cargo Ships on.

You'll find NPC ships fly through your area of space which you can then attack and board, then chop up for parts.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 22, 2015, 09:15:44 pm »

I played a little with a friend and we attacked an NPC ship (iirc civilian sail). His cockpit got destroyed before he could even do anything (later i found out he didn't bother adding the bulletproof glass for some stupid reason) so his ship was just sent spinning out of control and lost.

My ship didn't have any guns, I just had some grinders on there... and they all got destroyed before I could grind it. Fortunately it used all it's ammo (I guess? it stopped shooting) killing my grinders so I just tried to ram it to make it stop so we could board it.

Instead of making it stop, I completely destroyed my ship (I lived, somehow) and blew half the enemy ship up.

Then we floated around in space for a while, I made it back to the station and my friend died of suffocation along the way.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 22, 2015, 09:46:17 pm »

If you approach the sails head-on, you can take them with only a space suit. Same goes for several other cargo ships - if you approach from the right spot, you can take them without a ship.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 23, 2015, 02:34:51 am »

With the sails, I've also had luck just flying around and draining the ammo off the turrets by having them shooting at you and dodging the shots. Obviously quite risky, and you obviously won't get the ammo, but it works and you don't need any special equipment or any special knowledge, and you risk only what you have in your inventory (which you should dump somewhere safe). But I don't suggest doing it for other ships, I think they have more ammo, and they definitely have more turrets.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 24, 2015, 12:12:55 am »

Broke down and bought it just before the sale ended. I hate early access and I hate encouraging early access.... but all I could think about all day was blocksblocksblocksblocks so meh. Even if they do abandon it completely I guess it's fun enough right now to get my money's worth.

Joined some random server, didn't have the option for the big rescue ship (probably for the best I guess) so I just picked a respawn ship. It plopped me down in the middle of space with no people or buildings in sight anywhere. Head to a nearby asteroid and.... holy crap it's HUGE. Like... wow. Are the procedurally generated asteroids just much bigger?

Anyway, turns out my ship has an assembler, but no refinery. Spend a half hour slicing up the ship to build a refinery and move the assembler to the station platform. Finally comes time to move the reactor, slice it up and rebuild it, slice up the cockpit to build a station terminal.... and suffocate to death *just* before I can finish the station terminal to recharge. Seriously 5 more seconds and it would have been finished enough to use.

Welp. Someone's going to get a free refinery/assembler (and various broken chunks of ship) at some point I guess. Do corpses count as misc items and get cleaned up after the limit is hit, or will it persist there and someone might find my body slumped over the half built console eventually?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 24, 2015, 12:17:53 am »

Welp. Someone's going to get a free refinery/assembler (and various broken chunks of ship) at some point I guess. Do corpses count as misc items and get cleaned up after the limit is hit, or will it persist there and someone might find my body slumped over the half built console eventually?

Depends on server settings.  By the way, which server is it?  I would like to join you in your endeavor, if I can find you on the server, of course.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 24, 2015, 12:24:38 am »

Depends on server settings.  By the way, which server is it?  I would like to join you in your endeavor, if I can find you on the server, of course.

I honestly don't remember, I picked the first server I saw that didn't have mods and didn't have crazy 10x everything, and I quit after I died. Sorry :(

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 24, 2015, 08:01:17 am »

I'm lazy so I enjoy the 10/100x inventory space/speed.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 114