Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 114

Author Topic: Spacegineers... Spengineers... Space-Genners... SPACE ENGINEERS!  (Read 228588 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spacegineers... Spengineers... Space-Genners... SPACE ENGINEERS!
« Reply #1080 on: December 23, 2015, 08:54:09 am »

I'm waiting until new nervous happens. Once that is in I will likely host up a server

Given the lack of context I have. I literally sounds like you can't host a server until you get your new nervous system installed.

Which, I guess is fair. I can't do much without a nervous system either. :P

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #1081 on: December 23, 2015, 10:17:14 am »

So...how is Space Engineers? Still pretty popular here on bay12?
Whats everyones thoughts on SE?
It was really quite popular on launch, but the number of bugs hurt the number of those sticking around, and the lack of optimization slowly whittled away those that were mostly interested in the MP aspects.
In general, the space part is relatively bugless and decently optimized, but with the addition of planets there's a whole new slew of bugs and badly needed optimizations for them, so it seems most people that were waiting for the space part to be in a finalized form have extended their scope to include the planets as well.

Personally, I've been working on my backlog of other games too much to be able to really give it another go after the post-release honeymoon phase was over, though it's still installed and waiting.

gomez

• Bay Watcher
  • [Hysterical and Useless]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: December 23, 2015, 04:11:21 pm »

Since they added planets it has become unplayable for me. In order to use a planet scenario you have to have the DX11 renderer enabled, which for me crashes to desktop after a couple of minutes play.

I have no probs with the DX9 setting but then I cant have planets.

I was hoping that last weeks patch might fix this issue that many people are having, but ...

They updated today - this time for animated atmospheric thrusters.
"They accused us of suppressing freedom of expression. This was a lie and we could not let them publish it."
- Nelba Blandon (as Director of Censorship, Nicaragua)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1083 on: December 23, 2015, 07:38:17 pm »

The Banana Slug SSTO works unloaded but it's dangerously unstable when fully loaded, and I suspect that it wouldn't make it all the way to orbit. I need a break. If anyone wants to scrap the prototype by the eastern landing pad, go ahead.

There are now freezers in the main building.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: December 23, 2015, 09:04:36 pm »

Where are you guys set up on the planet?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: December 23, 2015, 09:38:59 pm »

i think the server needs a restart... it is not responding and cannot rejoin it.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1086 on: December 23, 2015, 10:23:15 pm »

I'm waiting until new nervous happens. Once that is in I will likely host up a server

Given the lack of context I have. I literally sounds like you can't host a server until you get your new nervous system installed.

Which, I guess is fair. I can't do much without a nervous system either. :P
should have been netcode. Autocorrect

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: December 24, 2015, 12:42:13 am »

I assumed it was some weird cool hip way of saying netcode.

I mean, I guess netcode is kind of like the nervous system??
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: December 24, 2015, 07:49:29 am »

Another weekly update. Some minor bug fixes(including a memory leak, apparently), and a guide for modding planets.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: December 24, 2015, 11:40:07 am »

If you are looking for a long-term survival server with some intelligent modding, consider my friend's server Apophis 99942.
This is a public server which emphasizes building infrastructure on the planet before making it into outer space. Even with 10x/10x/10x it should pose a challenge for even veteran players to get into space.

You can only spawn in an atmos lander, and you can only have one active medbay so no teleporting in between ships/structures/etc by suicide.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: December 25, 2015, 05:02:06 am »

Boatmurdered Server is back up, again. It was frozen this morning, so I restarted it, and now after Christmas Eve dinner I came home to find the application wasn't even open at all.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: December 26, 2015, 09:17:24 pm »

server stopped responding again

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: December 27, 2015, 01:46:18 am »

Holy damn this thing crashes a lot! If somebody knows a way to detect when it's crashed and restart it automatically, clue me in on it. Anyhow, it's back up until it crashes again.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Killgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: December 27, 2015, 02:05:11 am »

Early Access coming to Steam on October 23rd, $14.99

The initial release on Early Access will focus on core mechanics: creative mode building, physics simulation and destruction. Additional features will be released in following updates.

Prior to the Early Access launch day, a walk-through “early tutorial” video will be released. This video will demonstrate the state of Space Engineers on day one. Customers who are willing to purchase the game will see what they are getting.

Further information will be released as well: system requirements and a list of features split into three categories: finished features, work in progress and temporary disabled.

Not sure if I'll be putting my fifteen dollars down this early, but they've stated that we'll at least have a clear picture of what's actually done in the game when it goes on early access (sounds like just basic engine stuff). I still worry about whether they will be making actual content, but fun things come to mind... build ships/fleets and have a Team Deathmatch? Try to mine for resources and expand in a dangerous, shifting asteroid field? Sounds like there's potential there.
I have spent no rl $ but this man sounds like someone you should listen to.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: December 27, 2015, 01:16:03 pm »

Holy damn this thing crashes a lot! If somebody knows a way to detect when it's crashed and restart it automatically, clue me in on it. Anyhow, it's back up until it crashes again.
Projectors and such tend to crash servers, I hear. Unless that's been fixed now. And a ton of drills etc.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 114